The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Necromancer Criticism Corner. (Megathread)

Skullstachio
Skullstachio
✭✭✭✭✭
Let me just formally say, welcome to a Discussion tread where each & every one of you may discuss any & all that is "Necromantic"

Disclaimer: you may discuss a variety of topics here that is purely to do with Necromancers, bringing up ideas as to how one can implement Necromancers to Elder Scrolls Online Tamriel Unlimited, but when posting such Ideas, there is a guideline so as to keep this constructive so that it may be Viewed & considered in the long run by Zenimax. But other wise.

When Posting Necromancer Ideas:
  • Ensure that your Necromancer Idea is not over-powered as it may not be considered for implementation in the long run by the Zenimax team.
  • Necromancer Ideas are limited to the following including but not limited to, Class (Three named skill lines to match the whole aspect of the class), Weapon Skill line(Such as a Necromancer Stave Line), World Skill Line(in the form of Lichdom), Guild Skill Line.
  • Ensure your Necromancer Ideas (Namely Class ideas) are written in a Spoiler Box so that readers may open them as they see fit to read your idea while allowing others to reach recent commentary at the same time.
  • Keep Your commentary Clean & constructive whilst also providing Accurate Criticism for other players ideas as you see fit.
  • Be sure that your ideas have a way of fitting into the Elder Scrolls universe as well as showing a bit of diversity that makes the Necromancer Unique in its own way that differs from other classes, let alone weapon skill lines, world skills & vice versa.

Let your ideas be Incarnated to Life Here. besides, @Turelus is getting a bit antsy for a Necromancer typish skill line.

Just some words of wisdom for on the long road ahead: "Some Old Necromancer thread posts that I and many other users have posted may have failed to an extend, but only by learning from our failures can we post better Ideas that could eventually be embedded into the Elder Scrolls Universe by the Zenimax Team, after all, Failure may be a bad thing, but at the same time, it is also our Greatest Teacher."
I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think a Weapon Skill Line (Conjuration Staff) is the best way to implement this and not violate the lore that says the Psijic Order considers necromancy to be heretical. My reasoning is under the spoiler for brevity.
    Well, I do see one teeny-tiny lore problem with being a necromancer now that we have the Summerset Chapter. The Psijic Order expelled Mannimarco and opposes the practice of necromancy as heretical to their belief in the holy and unholy ancestor spirits. Source: http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/The_Black_Arts_On_Trial

So if ZOS made a Necromancer class or a Lich form skill line I would expect that to be antithetical to membership in the Psijic Order.

However, that depends entirely on whether or not necromancy-themed conjuration spells that have always been available to the player character in the single-player Elder Scrolls games count as necromancy. Neither Meridia nor Hannibal Traven turn a hair at the player character summoning skeletons and zombies or re-animating their dead enemies with that subset of Conjuration despite both of them identifying and despising necromancers. So I think a Weapon Skill line (Conjuration Staff) could reasonably have skills to summon undead or reanimate enemies without technically violating the Psijic prohibitions on necromancy.

Suggestions for a Weapon Skill Line (Conjuration Staff)
    1. Pulling spells already in game - The necromancers in game can conjure a Grasping Hand CC and DOT, control/summon skeletons, and create Bone Collossi.
    2. Pulling Spells from single-player Elder Scrolls game - summoning skeletons, zombies, ghosts, wraiths and bound weapons as well as reanimating the dead. In Morrowind, the Command Spells were conjuration (as was Turn Undead) and moved to Illusion later.
    Options
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @VaranisArano Very cool idea! What would the weapon ultimate be?
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    @VaranisArano Very cool idea! What would the weapon ultimate be?

I was thinking that summoning a Bone Collossus or a Flesh Atronach would be a good necromancerish ultimate, or perhaps a swarm of ancestor spirits. For a more defensive take, summoning a barrier like a Dunmer Ghostfence.
    Options
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Needs to rest dead players in cydrolli giving consequences to death.
    Options
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wrote up this thread a while ago: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/342510/necromancer-class-ideas/p1 with my ideas for a necromancer class.
    Tyrobag wrote: »
    Necromancer:
    Colors: Necromantic Green and Purple
    ____________________________________________________________________________________
    Dark Souls:
    Undead Horde(Ultimate, 200)- Summon waves of skeletons that attack your enemy then explode for 10 seconds. Each skeleton deals <dam> magic damage (each wave has 4 skeletons. One wave is summoned every 2 seconds)
    Morphs:
    Bone Army: Now does physical damage. Targets are set off balance for <dur> seconds. (Stamina morph)
    Lord of the Dead- Now summons ghosts instead of skeletons. Ghosts inflict the target with Major breach for 4 seconds.
    Notes: Obviously the overall damage would need to be balanced to make it equivalent to other DPS ultimates. I think it would be cool to have an ultimate that deals its damage in waves.

Raise Skeleton- Raise a Skeleton to fight for you.
    Morphs:
    Skeletal Minions: Raise two Skeletons to fight for you
    Bone Colossus- Raise a bone Colossus to fight for you.
    Notes: you cant have a Necromancer without the ability to summon the dead.

Raise Zombe- Raise a Zombe to fight for you.
    Morphs:
    Rotting Corpse- Zombe does <dam> disease damage to enemies within <aoe>.
    Flesh Atronach- Raise a Flesh Atronach to fight for you. Its basic attacks deal 1% more damage for every corpse nearby when cast.
    Notes: I think Rotting Corpse would be a really cool stamina morph for a summon. The Flesh Atronach would be best cast immediately after killing a large mob (obviously there would have to be some kind of cap on the damage boost)

Necrotic Bolt- Throw a bolt of necromantic energy to destroy your enemy
    Morphs:
    Necrotic Blast- Each cast has a chance to morph the ability into a stronger version that does 15% more damage and slows the enemy.
    Necrotic Rage- Enemies within <aoe> also take <dam> damage each second for <dur> seconds.
    Notes: This would be the Necromancer’s main spam ability. It would be the basic skull-bolt type thing like we see from Nerieneth, and the upgraded version of blast would be the larger version of the bolt.

Necromantic Curse- Deals <dam> magic damage each second for <dur> seconds.
    Morphs:
    Necrotic Infection- Deals <dam> Disease damage over <dur> seconds. (Stamina Morph)
    Unstable Curse- Each tick of damage has a 30% chance to cause the entirety of the ability’s remaining damage all at once (if this happens the curse is removed).
    Notes: This would be the Necromancer’s basic DoT. I think Unstable Curse would be a particularly fun ability, because you never know exactly when tour going to have to recast it. But when it goes off you get a little boost to dps.

Necrotic Cloak- Deals <dam> magic damage every second to enemies within <aoe> of you for <dur> seconds. Does 300% more damage to enemies under 25% health.
    Morphs:
    Death Cloak- Now does disease damage and grants minor expedition for the duration. (Stamina morph)
    Necrotic Vortex- Has a Larger AoE.
    Notes: I was trying to think of an interesting execute abilities that might still be worth using even before execute phase, and I thought a cloak-type ability would be great.

Passives:
    Power of the Dead- Casting a Dark Souls ability increases your weapon and spell damage by 2%/4%.
    Soul Absorption- When a nearby enemy dies, you restore .5%/1% of your health, stamina, and magicka.
    Death Mage- you deal 3%/5% more damage to targets under 20% health.
    Master of Undeath- Your undead summons deal 5%/10% more damage.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________
    Necrotic Empowerment:
    Affliction(Ultimate, 75)- Inflict the target with Major Lifesteal, Major Magickasteal, and Major Staminasteal for 10 seconds.
    Morphs:
    Defilement- also inflict the target with Major Defile and minor vulnerability.
    Necromantic Drain- Also inflict Minor Lifesteal, Minor Magickasteal, and Minor Staminasteal.
    Notes: As of now, we don’t have anything to give the Major steal effects, so I thought that this would be a nice unique ability that necromancers could bring to the table. The rarity of the effects are balanced out by it taking your ultimate, which also prevents actually keeping 100% uptime.

Necromantic rune- Enemies standing in the rune take <dam> damage each second for <dur> seconds. Enemies standing in the rune are slowed.
    Morphs:
    Empowering rune- While an enemy is standing in the rune your class abilities gain 200 spell/weapon power.
    Consuming rune- Has a Larger AoE. Allies are healed for <dam> each second, and an extra <dam> for each enemy standing in the rune.
    Notes: I was trying to think of a cool spin on a targeted ground DoT/Ground HoT and I thought it would be awesome to have one that not only damages the enemy, but rewards you directly for having one in it.

Enthrall- (Single target ally ability) Target is healed for <dam> each second for <dur> seconds. You may only have one Empower active at a time.
    Morphs:
    Vigorous Thrall- Ally also gains minor vitality.
    Empowered Thrall- Ally gains 200 spell damage and weapon damage.
    Notes: I was trying to think of an interesting and unique healing ability for the Necromancer. I thought that something like this would be quite fun, as it makes you prioritize who you think needs it the most. Do you want to use the Vigorous morph and put it on your tank to keep them alive, or do you want to increase your groups damage output by using the Empowered morph on your strongest dps?

Transfer- Remove a harmful effect from yourself, and inflict it on the target instead.
    Morphs:
    Transfer Power- Also removes a beneficial effect from the target, and gives it to you.
    Revenge- You now transfer two harmful effects onto the target.
    Notes: I wanted to have some kind of cleanse for the necromancer, but I was having trouble thinking up a unique way to implement it, but then I though “what if it puts the negative effect on your enemy instead?” Obviously this would be a fairly high cost ability to discourage running around spamming it, but it would be immensely useful on something like Velidreth, where a cleanse can make a big difference.

Command Soul– Enslave the souls of the dead to heal nearby allies for <dam>.
    Morphs:
    Lingering spirits- has a 10% chance to leave behind a lingering spirit to heal an ally for an extra <dam> over 5 seconds.
    Enslave the Dead- Gives allies Minor Toughness for 5 seconds.
    Notes: This would be the Necromancer’s basic spam heal.

Displacement- Restore Magicka to an ally equal to the cost of this ability
    Morphs:
    Substantial Displacement- Now Costs stamina and restores stamina (stamina morph)
    Empowered Displacement- Increases cost (Thus increasing magicka restored)
    Notes: I was thinking about things like equilibrium and dark deal, and I thought it would be interesting to be able to transfer your attributes directly to an ally.

Passives:
    The Returned- resurrecting an ally gives them 1500/3000 armor and spell resistance for 4 seconds
    Erudite- Healing a target with a Necrotic Empowerment ability gives you Minor intellect for 3/6 seconds
    Raise the Dead- When a nearby ally dies, you gain 150/300 health regeneration for 10 seconds.
    Overflow- When you heal yourself at full health, you heal nearby allies for 5%/10% of that amount.
    Eternal Lich:
    Necromantic Burst (ultimate, 100)- All nearby enemies are knocked back for 3 seconds.
    Morphs:
    Echoing Burst- When the effect wears off, enemies are knocked off balance for 3 seconds.
    Crippling Burst- Affected enemies are slowed for 10 seconds.
    Notes: This would be very useful against large mobs or bosses with a lot of adds.

Lich’s Grasp- The enemy is rooted for 8 seconds.
    Morphs:
    Crushing Grasp- Target is inflicted with minor mangle for 10 seconds.
    Unyielding Grasp- Now also roots two nearby targets, but for half the time.
    Notes: I wanted to make a good root ability for Necromancer Tanks, so of course my first thought was to use an ability we’ve all seen countless times. This would be the player version of that big spectral skeleton hand coming out of the ground to grab you.

Death’s Embrace- Gain Major Resolve and Major Ward for 20 seconds
    Morphs:
    Immortal Embrace- Also grants Minor protection.
    Enduring Embrace- Increase duration to 25 seconds.
    Notes: The mandatory tank armor spell

Blood Pact: Heals you for <dam> (High heal amount) If you are above 50% health You are inflicted with Minor mangle for 10 seconds.
    Morphs:
    Eternal Pact- If you are under 25% health, also gain Major fortitude for 4 seconds.
    Blood Price- If cast while under 50% health, the next enemy to attack you within 3 seconds is inflicted with Minor Maim for 6 seconds.
    Notes: I wanted to have a good self heal that rewarded you for using it at lower health, but then I thought “This is necromancy! Lets have it punish you for using it wrong instead.” This makes it the perfect OS heal, but discourages casting it unless you actually need it.

Bone Guard- Reflect the next projectile that hits you.
    Morphs:
    Bone Judge- Reflected projectiles set the target off balance for 3 seconds.
    Splintering Bone Guard- Instead of reflecting projectiles, being struck with a projectile causes 75% of its damage to be dealt as physical damage in an AoE around you. (stamina morph)
    Notes: As far as the Splintering morph, I thought it would be fun to have a projectile “reflect” that redistributes the damage into an aoe.

Necrotic Bond- For 25 seconds the target takes 5% of damage that is dealt to you.
    Morphs:
    Death Bond- If the target dies while this effect is active, you are healed for <dam>.
    Undying Bond- Duration increased to 30 seconds.
    Notes: I was trying to think of a truly unique ability that necromancer tanks could use, and I thought it would be cool to have one that both protects you and punishes them for attacking you.

Passives:
    Necromantic resistance- Enemies under 20% health deal 2%/5% less damage to you.
    Blood Worm- When you take damage, you have a 5% chance to absorb 500/1000 Magicka from the attacker.
    Undeath- Activating an Eternal Lich ability grants nearby allies 200/500 armor and spell resistance.
    Lichdom- While under 30% health you gain 10%/20% Magicka and Stamina regeneration.
    Options
  • ThumbtackJake
    ThumbtackJake
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure how it would fit with the lore, but would it at all be possible to have a Worm Cultist that left the cult? Perhaps someone that joined and later down the line changed his/her mind? Could have been someone higher up in the order that got close to Mannimarco, and then maybe felt used/betrayed/whatever and somehow manages to escape? Would make for one hell of a class-specific tutorial experience.

As far as skill lines go, I like pretty much what has been talked about before. One for summons, one for curses, and a support/heal line. Summon line is clearly the most important though ;) .

EDIT: I like the idea of the conjuration staff that VaranisArano had as well. My only concern would be that it doesn't have everything that I want and well, I hate not getting everything I want :tongue: . But it would be better than nothing of course.
    Edited by ThumbtackJake on March 31, 2018 3:26PM
    Long term filthy casual.
    Options
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alpha-Lupi wrote: »
    • Necromancer Ideas are limited to the following including but not limited to, Class (Three named skill lines to match the whole aspect of the class), Weapon Skill line(Such as a Necromancer Stave Line), World Skill Line(in the form of Lichdom), Guild Skill Line.
    ..."limited to the following, including but not limited to"???
    That seems a little... lacking on coherence.
    And makes me wonder if the necromancy in my class morph idea following the old D&D "prestige class" would be within or without the proposed limits... ;)

Anyhow, let me just add my take on it - I always encisioned necromancer as one possible specialization option for sorcerors, seeing how the lore mentions it as subset to conjuration which is part of a socrcerors skills... thus my idea was to have it one optional fourth class skill line that sorcerors who like death magic can take as "class morph" (among other options); with an additional effect of color-shifting all the spells from the original skill lines to necromancer "coldfire" cyan to make the whole prestige class more visually distinct from basic sorcerors or the other specializations... The additional skill line I envisioned something like:
    Necromancer (death magic and undead summoning; color: cyan - NPC coldfire)
    Skills:
    • Spectral Grasp (area snare, dodgeable, like lich)
    - Morph1: Spectral Hold (+immobilize, then snare, like NPC necromancers)
    - Morph2: Cursed Grasp (+ DoT, like undead death curse)
    • Raise Undead (summon one skeleton, duration)
    - Morph1: Raise Corpse (summon zombie, +special attacks – punch, vomit)
    - Morph2: Army of Undead (summon 3 weak skeletons)
    • Drain Strength (channeled, interruptable, do damage, gain magica)
    - Morph1: Drain Life (+ also gain health)
    - Morph2: Drain Power (+ reduce target spell damage for duration)
    • Animate Dead (summon stronger undead, Draugr/Ra-netu, duration)
    - Morph1: Animate Flesh (summon Flesh Atronarch)
    - Morph2: Animate Bones (Summon Bone Colossus)
    • Spirit Blast (like Mannimarco but smaller, two-tier AoE strike)
    - Morph1: Spirit Bombardment (+area, Mannimarco sized)
    - Morph2: Soul Blast (ignores some spell resistance)
    Ultimate: Soul Cage (like the Lich spell, but with extra damage in spell area)
    - Morph1: Soul Prison (+duration)
    - Morph2: Etheral Cage (+area)
    Passives:
    • Gravesinger: undead pets get extra damage resistance/HP
    • Necropotence: gain extra magica when necromancer pets are active
    • Soul Render: do bonus damage against enemies affected by necromancer abilities
    • Death Feeder: any time an enemy dies within 20 meters, gain health & magica
    Not sure how it would fit with the lore, but would it at all be possible to have a Worm Cultist that left the cult...
    That already IS in the lore!
    Both Telacar and Vastarie in Grahtwood are necromancers that turned their backs on Mannimarco and his worm cult! And Vastarie in particular would make a -perfect- masterclass trainer people would visit to specialize in necromancy following my idea... ;)
    Options
  • ParaNostram
    ParaNostram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not sure how it would fit with the lore, but would it at all be possible to have a Worm Cultist that left the cult? Perhaps someone that joined and later down the line changed his/her mind? Could have been someone higher up in the order that got close to Mannimarco, and then maybe felt used/betrayed/whatever and somehow manages to escape? Would make for one hell of a class-specific tutorial experience.

As far as skill lines go, I like pretty much what has been talked about before. One for summons, one for curses, and a support/heal line. Summon line is clearly the most important though ;) .

EDIT: I like the idea of the conjuration staff that VaranisArano had as well. My only concern would be that it doesn't have everything that I want and well, I hate not getting everything I want :tongue: . But it would be better than nothing of course.

I mean, necromancy is older than Mannimarco and the various cultures of Tamriel have all had their own specific relationships with and variations of Necromancy. I don't think ESO would do class specific tutorials, I mean, it just doesn't quite vibe with the Elder Scrolls open ended style of unnamed prisoner doing stuff.
    "Your mistake is you begged for your life, not for mercy. I will show you there are many fates worse than death."

Para Nostram
    Bosmer Sorceress
    Witch of Evermore

"Death is a privilege that can be denied by it's learned scholars."
    Order of the Black Worm
    Options
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Idc about what type of Necrotic animation or mechanic the class has but its gameplay should be about debuffs debuffs and debuffs. Sort of like opposite of Warden.

We desperetaly need major maim, mingle or even a new debuff that reduces magicka/stamina in percentage. It would help with stat stacking a lot
    Edited by Ankael07 on March 31, 2018 4:47PM
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
    Options
  • Delta1038
    Delta1038
    ✭✭✭
    I am not a massive fan of Necromancers but I do think they could add such a class, maybe with increased damage or power as health decreases and more oriented towards life draining and debuff effects.
    Xbox One NA
    Options
  • KiraTsukasa
    KiraTsukasa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The way I would have done this is with a Shaman class, or something like that. Move the Conjuration and Dark Magic skill lines over to the Shaman, along with a Necromancer skill line (that focuses on poison and "necrotic" damage with an ultimate that summons a few undead minions for a duration). Then give the Sorcerer class two different skill lines focusing on fire and ice (culminating in an atronach ultimate in their respective elements), where fire is more DoT focused and ice is more AoE/debuff, with lightning being burst damage.
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a great thread. Thanks for the mention. :sweat_smile:
    I'm away for the weekend and on my mobile so can't really be very constructive in posting ATM (hate using phone) but will make sure to keep up reading.

Biggest worries I have with a Necromancer is the weakness pets have right now (not suitable for most trials etc.) and the Necromancer lends itself to a pet class well.

I also like the idea of this ghostly hand the NPC's have as some kind of class skill as a root.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    This is a great thread. Thanks for the mention. :sweat_smile:
    I'm away for the weekend and on my mobile so can't really be very constructive in posting ATM (hate using phone) but will make sure to keep up reading.

Biggest worries I have with a Necromancer is the weakness pets have right now (not suitable for most trials etc.) and the Necromancer lends itself to a pet class well.

I also like the idea of this ghostly hand the NPC's have as some kind of class skill as a root.

Yes, they definitely need to do something about all pets (I still think that they should give them something like a stronger version of major Aegis, that way they don't die in pve but it wont effect pvp). At least they should give Necromancer's some kind of pet-protection ability like sorc's shields
    Options
  • Bonzodog01
    Bonzodog01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If creating a new class though, it needs to be viable for both Stamina and Magicka - this is more or less a hard line that has to be adhered to to make it entirely viable in game. So, when suggesting class skills, try to point out which ones would meld well as stamina morphs.

Personally, what I think this game needs is a class where all primary skills START as stamina skills, and have an adaptive magicka morph.
    Xbox One - EU - EP/DC
    Trying and failing to hold the walls of his Templar house up since 2015
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you could get some kind of skills like hurricane maybe you could make that stamina.
    I was thinking like the Demilich (D&D/Pathfinder) has the winds of bones and Ash around them, but we kind of already have that with Undaunted Bone Shield.

Maybe of you took the spectral skull throw ability you could have a morph to make it a shard of bone for stamina?

A lot of the skills I would love the NPC's already have, Necromancers and Lichs look great.
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An idea for an ultimate could be similar to the sorcerers "Overload" ultimate, except with necromancers, they could arm themselves with a mighty Lich Stave (one stave in particular that looks like mannimarco's stave.) capable of slinging Undead bolts at enemies (similar to Lich enemies) for a small amount of ultimate on each light attack & Summoning close range Lich crystals to explode & damage enemies while temporarily stunning them for a few seconds while using twice to three times as much ultimate on heavy attacks.
    I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
    by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.
    Options
  • Revokus
    Revokus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People who say necromancer would be another pet class it doesn't have to be. I'm sure ZOS has the imagination if even I can think of it..

For stamina, think disease imbued weapons aka death knight archetype in heavy armor.
    Disease damage melee morph.
    Magicka utility skills. Also necromancer npc's in the game have already lots of cool skills including their glowing blue staff this could be the imbued weapons I'm thinking about..Your staff or melee weapons would become like those npc's with the blue flame on them.

For Magicka, Lots of ranged dots since there isn't a true ranged dot class in this game. It would help against permatank in pvp and great in PVE.

And again instead of pets they could have a ghost summoning tree much like warden instant cast abilities etc.

I could go on and on I have a fertile imagination :blush:

@Turelus ps: I'm heartbroken by @Gilliamtherogue too :'(:p
    Edited by Revokus on April 6, 2018 1:21AM
    Playing since January 23, 2016
    Options
  • Revokus
    Revokus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also for healing it could be some channeled heals like you infuse dark energy into an ally with your hands and you would need to target the ally..it would be kind of unique..instead of cone healing like the warden you would need to aim your channeled spells. Also maybe a dot who heals allies too ! There is plenty of ideas to make an healing tank and dps line for necromancer. Lich crystals for crowd control and the ghostly hand. Maybe even a lich transform ultimate for a couple of seconds with special abilities kinda like werewolf. Skullthrow ability for spammable ?. Some sort of dark/blue energy theme like the personality. Even a dark energy drain spell that you channel that damage with each ticks and maybe heals you or an ally. And most spells are already in the game. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Wrobel @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Although I agree Necromancer doesn't have to be a pet class I get the feeling it not being one would be a slight disappointment.
    So many of us imagine armies of undead and raising skeletons when we think about Necromancers (maybe I am just stuck in the D&D mindset).

I not sure if ZOS will ever go down the route of making it a stand alone class, I think there is the demand and desire from the community for that, but with what Rich said about the Psijic skill line in that "we wanted to make it a skill line rather than a class so you could keep playing your favourite characters (paraphrasing)" then they might make this a skill line rather than a class.

It could make for an interesting new weapon skill line as well. I mean either as world skills, guild or weapon line they only need to make five active skills vs 15.

And yes Gilliam broke my heart with his stream. However what if ZOS were so clear to say "no" because the answer was actually "yes" and they wanted to hold it back until they unveil it next year! :smiley:
    Options
  • Revokus
    Revokus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Although I agree Necromancer doesn't have to be a pet class I get the feeling it not being one would be a slight disappointment.
    So many of us imagine armies of undead and raising skeletons when we think about Necromancers (maybe I am just stuck in the D&D mindset).

I not sure if ZOS will ever go down the route of making it a stand alone class, I think there is the demand and desire from the community for that, but with what Rich said about the Psijic skill line in that "we wanted to make it a skill line rather than a class so you could keep playing your favourite characters (paraphrasing)" then they might make this a skill line rather than a class.

It could make for an interesting new weapon skill line as well. I mean either as world skills, guild or weapon line they only need to make five active skills vs 15.

And yes Gilliam broke my heart with his stream. However what if ZOS were so clear to say "no" because the answer was actually "yes" and they wanted to hold it back until they unveil it next year! :smiley:

I agree with everything you said but I also get the feeling that a skill line would be a disapointement and would not honor necromancer and we would just want more :wink: The reason is we can only put so much skills in our bars and we already cannot play effectively with just class skills. Even more so now with the psijic skill line coming if some of the skills are meta we will have even less class identity :neutral: On the other hand Spell crafting would be usable by everyone and could allow class identity even more with fire/ice/lightning spells for everyone and existing classes than a skill line would.
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Revokus wrote: »

I agree with everything you said but I also get the feeling that a skill line would be a disapointement and would not honor necromancer and we would just want more :wink: The reason is we can only put so much skills in our bars and we already cannot play effectively with just class skills. Even more so now with the psijic skill line coming if some of the skills are meta we will have even less class identity :neutral: On the other hand Spell crafting would be usable by everyone and could allow class identity even more with fire/ice/lightning spells for everyone and existing classes than a skill line would.
    Very true. I feel a class makes more sense and would get a damn lot of sales, but I just wonder if they would take that route with what Rich had said.

If it was a class though what skill lines, and how would we break them into the DD/Heal/Tank themes ZOS want?

Corpse Magic (potential healing line?)
    Making bodies explode. - Something like repentance but corpses explode dealing damage (potential stamina morph to do poison damage)
    Raise Zombie/Skeleton. - Your general pet skills, could have exploding morphs like the unstable sorcerer pets.

Spirit Magic (potential DD line?)
    Lich spiritual attacks, the channelled attack or large skull.
    Grasping Hand - The CC root which necromancers have in the game.

Death Magic (potential tanking line?)
    Skills to steal life force to bolster yourself
    Options
  • Revokus
    Revokus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Revokus wrote: »

Very true. I feel a class makes more sense and would get a damn lot of sales, but I just wonder if they would take that route with what Rich had said.

If it was a class though what skill lines, and how would we break them into the DD/Heal/Tank themes ZOS want?

Corpse Magic (potential healing line?)
    Making bodies explode. - Something like repentance but corpses explode dealing damage (potential stamina morph to do poison damage)
    Raise Zombie/Skeleton. - Your general pet skills, could have exploding morphs like the unstable sorcerer pets.

Spirit Magic (potential DD line?)
    Lich spiritual attacks, the channelled attack or large skull.
    Grasping Hand - The CC root which necromancers have in the game.

Death Magic (potential tanking line?)
    Skills to steal life force to bolster yourself

Those are awesome ideas ! I think for pets it could be like you summon a skeleton at the target ennemy feets who instantly starts spitting diseased bile in a frontal cone at the ennemy ! It doesn’t have to be a passive pet with a travel time :smile: I’m actually working on a detailed post with my ideas I want it to be perfect in case the devs read them.
    Edited by Revokus on April 6, 2018 11:21PM
    Options
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not offer undead-style skins for Sorcerer/Warden pets? No differences in functionality, just cosmetics.

I'm currently modeling Orc MagBlade alt as a Lich, and it's pretty stylistically close.

I'm using 2-piece Nerien'eth's, 5-piece Bahraha's Curse (AoE bar), and 5-piece Caluurion's Legacy (single-target bar).

My AoE bar is Volcanic Rune, Blockade of Frost, Twisting Path, Sap Essence, and Consuming Trap (Ultimate is Bolstering Darkness).

My single-target bar is Weakness to Elements, Merciless Resolve, Dark Shades, Swallow Soul, and Spiked Bone Shield (Ultimate is Soul Assault).

This build feels VERY much like a necromancer should, given how your abilities work on a target. You really do feel like you're draining their life force. And visually, it really does remind you of the lich mobs/bosses throughout the game. In all honesty, the only thing that's missing is some sort of undead summoning visual.

Using my build as an example, it would be nice to have a "skin" that would make the visual effect of Bolstering Darkness look like the skeletal hand AoE snare thingy some of the mobs in the game use. Little things like that, I think, would go a LONG way toward giving us unique-feeling characters without altering game mechanics.

Just my two Septims. ;)
    Options
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skillskins for sorc:
    clanfear -> zombie
    scamp -> skeleton
    twilight -> undead dragon pet thing
    Atro -> bone coluss
    liquid lightning -> that black thingy w/ the green hands in npcs use
    frags -> that green flame thing npcs throw at u
    recolor other skills to black /greenish scheme

and yours truly Lord Finsterich the Necrodancer is good to go.
    Options
  • Yzalirk
    Yzalirk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Although I am not particularly interested in a Necromancer class, if ZOS ever decides to add a DLC or chapter that has Sloads in it, adding the Necromancer class would make perfect sense.
    Options
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eso_nya wrote: »
    Skillskins for sorc:
    clanfear -> zombie
    scamp -> skeleton
    Atro -> bone coluss

This! ^^^
    Options
  • datgladiatah
    datgladiatah
    ✭✭✭
    Making staves based on the different spell types, to me, is one of the ONLY solutions. Creating staves that do more than heal or damage (or a mixture of both, and including supportive, self buffing/debuffing, and other useful abilities) is an absolute MUST to me. Please create a conjuration staff @zos!!!!
    Options
  • ThinkerOfThings
    ThinkerOfThings
    ✭✭✭
    eso_nya wrote: »
    Skillskins for sorc:
    clanfear -> zombie
    scamp -> skeleton
    Atro -> bone coluss

The biggest issue I see with something like this is it is class and skill line specific. The moment something like this is released anyone who doesn't play that class / skill line, will then rage about ZOS favoritism. So if they were to do that ZOS would need to come up with one for each class and/or skill line, which makes the task that much more involved.

Otherwise, nifty idea.
    "It is very, very sad being mortal. There is happiness, yes. But mostly sadness. As I have said, count only the happy hours." - Vivec
    XBOX - EP: Sen Sadri ( DE NB )
    Options
  • lelink88
    lelink88
    ✭✭✭
    I think 1 day you guy wil get your necromancy just patient and wait. It's must be include inside a chapter
    Options
  • stimpy986b14_ESO
    stimpy986b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Seeing as I've already posted several threads about possible necromancy skill lines so I'll just link them

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/401475/necromancy-skill-line-again/p1
    Options