The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Selenes monster set processing off bow

xbobx
xbobx
✭✭✭✭✭
the game seems to register direct melee damaged based on distance, not the weapon. Its processing off my bow attacks if i am in melee range
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, that's how the game has pretty much always worked.

Anything within 8m (?) is considered melee damage.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is not procing off your bow, it is procing off your enchant. Take that off and it will not proc.
  • SmellyUnlimited
    SmellyUnlimited
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just a side note - “Proc” doesn’t stand for “Processing,” it’s a word-play for “Programmed Random OCcurrance.”
    DO. NOT. WIPE. (in game OR out!)
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just a side note - “Proc” doesn’t stand for “Processing,” it’s a word-play for “Programmed Random OCcurrance.”

I am aware, it is just common parlance at this point, for anything that has a cool down, like enchants, or has a requirement, like this set. I have tried to explain what you just said, most people do not care though
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is not procing off your bow, it is procing off your enchant. Take that off and it will not proc.

Side note: After doing some testing, Orc Swift Warrior passive does boost the damage from Bow attacks. I do not think I was standing within 8m but its not something I had considered. So the question is, what exactly defines something as melee. That it cost stamina is the simplest answer, but is that accurate?
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Warden Ice Tank (By far my favorite) -RIP #Nerfmire
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Dragon Knight Healer (Since Homestead)
    Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer,
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

Playing BiS isn't impressive, playing unique at BiS lvl, THAT's impressive.

• Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No the magicka morph of jabs from the templar also belongs to melee attacks. The same goes for solar barrage or burning embers, engulfing flames, talons from dragonknights.