The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

P2CRAFT Jewelry

Milvan
Milvan
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello Comrades

Needless to say that putting a craft skill line behind a paywall is really depressing. I think I never saw other mmorpg doing that before. I know that subscriptions usually come up with a lot of advantages to craft, but paywalling a whole CRAFT skill is like really cheap.

Xw7pxGM_700wa_0.gif
“Kings of the land and the sky we are; proud gryphons.” Stalker stands, the epitome of pride. Naked and muscular, his wings widen and his feet dig in as if he alone holds down the earth and supports the heavens, keeping the two ever separate.”
Gryphons guild - @Milvan,
  • DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER
    DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best thing is eso+ wont even cover it cause its an "expansion" :D
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You will still have access to all gold jewelry you want. As Gina Said in another. Post you won't be able to use the station, but you can buy gold crafted jewelry from others. You can still get the trial drops. Crafted Jewelry will be BoE. So yeah if clicking on a station is P2W (which it isn't even close to that) you are correct it's a cheap thing to do.
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not as depressing as yet another thread on the first page about this subject.

:'( <---- depressed, woe is me. Alack, alas, etc.

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cry me a river, maybe you can float to Summerset.
    Argonian forever
  • Milvan
    Milvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You will still have access to all gold jewelry you want. As Gina Said in another. Post you won't be able to use the station, but you can buy gold crafted jewelry from others. You can still get the trial drops. Crafted Jewelry will be BoE. So yeah if clicking on a station is P2W (which it isn't even close to that) you are correct it's a cheap thing to do.

I never said p2w. I said p2craft. Which is one of cheapest way to monetize a mmorpg imo.
    “Kings of the land and the sky we are; proud gryphons.” Stalker stands, the epitome of pride. Naked and muscular, his wings widen and his feet dig in as if he alone holds down the earth and supports the heavens, keeping the two ever separate.”
  • Milvan
    Milvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Let people express their feeling towards the game. ESO is already way too monetize, and to monetize craft with paywalls is like really cheap.
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hi comrade.
    Did you expect to beat the game with Ep Dc Ad maps?
    Havent you bought any dlc?
    Stop QQing
    You pay peanuts for lasting leisure time
    1 single night out in the city would cost you more than a dlc. Grow up
  • DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER
    DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And how are you going to upgrade your BoP jewellery?

Thats what i thought.
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Milvan wrote: »

Let people express their feeling towards the game. ESO is already way too monetize, and to monetize craft with paywalls is like really cheap.

Not stopping them at all. They could post in any of the other numerous threads instead of starting a new one.

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Best thing is eso+ wont even cover it cause its an "expansion" :D

"Chapter" aka dlc to get more money
    Edited by FloppyTouch on March 30, 2018 1:18PM
  • griffkhalifa
    griffkhalifa
    ✭✭✭✭

Thats what i thought.

Jesus, game breaking stuff here, his stamina will be 32,200 instead of 32,400. How will he even play the game?!
    PS4 NA
  • negbert
    negbert
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well it is pay to play the features of the chapter, one of which is jewellery crafting. It’s totally fine. Can’t expect them to add everything to the base game.
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get it... in 1994 I bought The Elder Scolls: Arena

... but 24 years later I have to keep buying the game's newest releases??? It's not all free?!?!

It's like this company needs to make money or something. :trollface:
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We shall hope that the jewlery craft station can be bought and put into houses
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • witchdoctor
    witchdoctor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thats what i thought.

You assume you can anyways. You are sitting in a cart with the horse back in the stable.
  • Milvan
    Milvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't get it... in 1994 I bought The Elder Scolls: Arena

... but 24 years later I have to keep buying the game's newest releases??? It's not all free?!?!

It's like this company needs to make money or something. :trollface:

ESO is already way monetized (b2p, subscription, dlcs, 'expansions' etc). And still now they monetizing craft skill lines? I'm sorry but this is way too cheap for me. :(
  • MinarasLaure
    MinarasLaure
    ✭✭✭✭
    The thing is jewellery crafting should be no different from all the other crafting types.
    It doesn't make sense.
    It's not a proper p2w feature but it's very close.
    Spellcrafting will be the same, locked behind a chapter and that definitely will be p2w
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree that Jewelry crafting shouldn't be locked behind a paywall.
    ZOS needs to add an alternative way for players who didn't buy Summerset to craft Jewelry;
    Otherwise, players who bought Summerset and have access to the Jewelry crafting skill will have complete monopoly on the market.
    You will be able to see listings of Jewelry reaching 500k-2M gold in guild stores. It doesn't seems fair, right ? :p
    I suggested a few ways to implement an alternative way of crafting Jewelry(for players who didn't buy Summerset):
    Lord wrote: »
    The Jewelry Crafting presented by Gina is very limited to either buy the chapter+craft or buy the jewelry from other players, rather than craft by yourself.
    I would be happy if there will be a similar option to Transmute station but for Jewelry Crafting(items created by the jewelry station/s will be BoE).
    2 ways it can work:
    1. Special Jewelry crafting station that cost 2,000 vouchers, available to purchase from Rolis Hlaalu. The player will be able to craft any available Jewelry set by using this station at his/other players home.

2. Attunable Jewelry crafting stations that cost: 250 vouchers each. available to purchase from Rolis Hlaalu.
    The player will be able to craft any available Jewelry set by using this stations at his/other players home.

I prefer option #1 since it cost less and much more comfortable.

Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wish they had an idiot button next to those agree, awesome, and insightful buttons. It would be nice to click that when people come into threads pretending that someones concerns are irrelevant because the issue doesn't concern or bother them.. I mean im all for voicing opinions but trying to make someone feel stupid? Over something as rational as this? I could see if it was a nerf sorc thread...

Anyway, I think its an ignorant idea.. The smart move would be to just make it for everyone since it is a crafting option. Im not worried because ill buy it anyway but its just stupid. There is a difference between being extremely greedy and making lots of money. Making you buy summerset to craft jewelry is the greedy move, but its to be expected. I mean really, i doubt THAT many more people will buy this chapter JUST to craft jewelry. If they do im sure they would have even if the crafting was added to the base game. Adding a new class to a game with only 5 classes is a much more enticing way to get people to buy a chapter..

Anyway it is what it is but its always nice to what if a bit.
  • ParaNostram
    ParaNostram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Milvan wrote: »

I blame the publishers and shareholders. The [redacted] with the money always ruin everything with their greedy capitalist ways.
    "Your mistake is you begged for your life, not for mercy. I will show you there are many fates worse than death."

Para Nostram
    Bosmer Sorceress
    Witch of Evermore

"Death is a privilege that can be denied by it's learned scholars."
    Order of the Black Worm
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jewelry crafting is a new addition to the game. I’ve seen an aweful lot of things stuck in various DLCs over the years: entire continents, dungeons, raids, higher level brackets, races, classes... A lot of stuff that was added well after release.

Jewelry crafting and a skill line aren’t that out of the norm for expansions in MMOs. Probably pretty tame by comparison.

Besides, the people who go to work every day to put those things together need to pay bills, too. It’s not unreasonable to ask to be paid for doing a job.

All that being said, the expansion is only $30 (relatively cheap). The hysteria has reached ridiculous levels over something so innocuous.

Either buy the expansion when you can, or do without it. It’s not that big of a deal.
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hi comrade.
    Did you expect to beat the game with Ep Dc Ad maps?
    Havent you bought any dlc?
    Stop QQing
    You pay peanuts for lasting leisure time
    1 single night out in the city would cost you more than a dlc. Grow up

I mean I was going to say something, but you mostly said it all.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    World of Warcraft has/had two expansion-exclusive professions:

- Inscriptioning
    - Jewelcrafting

They're already part of the base game now.

I share the opinion that a crafting skill line - especially some that should have been here in the Vanilla launch of the game - shouldn't be marketed as an expansion feature but that's the way they choose to go. Summerset already is more appearance than substance when it comes to features. Even more so than Morrowind which offered quite much in comparison.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not understand why people think that marketing and selling products for money is an issue.

Things cost money. It is not behind a "paywall". It is behind hours and hours of work done by real people feeding their families and providing them what need to survive in the place they live. Also maybe just having a little fun in the process.

Have some respect for people's time because that is what you are really buying.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • NobleX35
    NobleX35
    ✭✭✭✭
    Most MMO’s lock new features behind their expansions, and most of the time you have to purchase the expansions to even be able to keep playing. With ESO you can at least still play and even still benefit from additional features provided by the expansion. Quit complaining and either buy the expansion and have direct access, or don’t buy it and have indirect access.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war."
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »

- Inscriptioning
    - Jewelcrafting

I share the opinion that a crafting skill line - especially some that should have been here in the Vanilla launch of the game - shouldn't be marketed as an expansion feature but that's the way they choose to go. Summerset already is more appearance than substance when it comes to features. Even more so than Morrowind which offered quite much in comparison.

I think a big problem is that this chapter feels kind of weak with what we are getting. If we were getting a new class or new dungeons with the chapter...anything more and I think the crying over this wouldn't be as loud as it is. Other than the new trial, which has unfortunately been compared to asylum, what's left to cry and moan about?
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pay to craft seems a bit empty. I mean we have been playing for 3 plus years without it. Its always the same argument about how things should be added to the base game. I feel like adding these kinds of things to dlc or chapters is pretty smart on their end.

Many may not like it but they are company, with shareholders, and need to make money. If they added everything to the base game what would be the point in releasing dlc or chapters? Yeah you get new areas and quests but that only appeals to us for a limited amount of time. So they add new features as well. Adding value to said dlcs and chapters.

At some point they will need to stop adding to the base game. So at which point do you suggest they do that? This isn't anything different than any other game adding other items for purchase. The game is evolving and that's a good thing. People asked for this and they have answered. Now we complain that its not free.

Half of the game is locked behind dlc. Maelstrom/ Masters weapons, Maw drops, Julianos and others. Its a new feature that had to implemented and it should have a cost. It had a cost to develop it, and the cost is passed onto us.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BuddyAces wrote: »
    Seraphayel wrote: »

- Inscriptioning
    - Jewelcrafting

I think a big problem is that this chapter feels kind of weak with what we are getting. If we were getting a new class or new dungeons with the chapter...anything more and I think the crying over this wouldn't be as loud as it is. Other than the new trial, which has unfortunately been compared to asylum, what's left to cry and moan about?

That's the thing. Summerset offers really nothing exciting. Morrowind had a class and battlegrounds. Summerset a skill line and Jewelrycrafting. That's quite underwhelming in comparison.

As much as I want to like Summerset it feels like a rushed and cheap job by ZOS. Just because the zone is huge it mustn't be considered and sold as a chapter. And I am pretty sure a huge part of the zone isn't even accessible like it was in Morrowind.

They just lowered the bar for Chapters with Summerset (that's why they lowered the price as well). I hope the next chapter will offer more features overall.
    Edited by Seraphayel on March 30, 2018 3:01PM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • NoTimeToWait
    NoTimeToWait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skander wrote: »
    We shall hope that the jewlery craft station can be bought and put into houses

I suppose, you should also be prepared that after buying jewelry craft station and placing it in your home you won't be able to use it without Summerset upgrade >:)
  • BloodWolfe
    BloodWolfe
    ✭✭✭✭
    In EVERY mmo when they launch an expansion they tend to have new features/classes/races/skills, etc... so why in a game you don't even have to pay monthly for are you b****ING about it? Expansions always introduce new stuff and have a cost, it's normal and standard otherwise nobody would buy the expansions so get the eff over yourselves!

Self entitled brats!

I don't agree with other things ZO$ has done (cost of outfit slots, scam crates and even worse the radiant apex mounts not even obtainable with gems, cost of motifs and the only new homes being the massive economy large ones for limited time that cost the price of 2 AAA games) but this is NOT P2W or anything to complain about. Get over yourselves!