The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Current thoughts on Spectre's Eye...

• Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    but 2-4 piece boni are bit too much.
    health, stamina, magicka and a damage boni, everything from only 3 boni.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Checkmath wrote: »
    but 2-4 piece boni are bit too much.
    health, stamina, magicka and a damage boni, everything from only 3 boni.

I meant for it to be:
    2: Health
    3: Damage
    4: Stats

I can’t count ._.

This way it’s similar to Acuity. Getting both Weapon and Spell Damage is the same as getting only one of them on a non-Hybrid.

If you got Max Health/Mag/Stam from its 3-piece it would be a bit OP.
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The matter with spectre's eye is: it doesn't give sustain.

So you are forced (since you are playing magicka) to run a sustain set to counter it

The dmg output thus will be low
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vaoh, still most hybrid sets atm provide four boni for 2-4, for example max stam and magicka plus both crit in innate axiom, max magicka and stam plus both damage in shackle and acuity. you just suggested also a health boni in the set too, which is more than any set providing atm.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Checkmath wrote: »
    vaoh, still most hybrid sets atm provide four boni for 2-4, for example max stam and magicka plus both crit in innate axiom, max magicka and stam plus both damage in shackle and acuity. you just suggested also a health boni in the set too, which is more than any set providing atm.
    That’s only because those sets are still terrible for Hybrids. The reason being.... Hybrids themselves are terrible.

Which is why I specifically made the set OP but when used on a true Hybrid. That way a Hybrid can sort of have a slight chance at being okay vs pure Mag or pure Stam builds. There is an enormous gap to cover.

Both Mag and Stam only benefit off of the typical bonuses they’d normally get from a set, and the 5-piece that lines up with their main stat pool.

Balanced.

In the end, you have to ask yourself if you’d use it based on numerous different roles. As a Stam build I would still probably never use this. All buffs except that measly Minor Expedition are redundant except if using some strange, unique build without Major Brutality. As a Mag build I would consider it, but this set provides neither sustain nor damage and instead gives many redundant buffs meaning it is likely not worth it. Lots of equally strong competition. Depends on the build.
    Edited by Vaoh on April 8, 2018 12:40AM
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its not because of the hybrid sets, that hybrids are bad, its because they are hybrids and need to split ressources, sustain and damage into both magicka and stamina. this is just not supported by zos. but the sets like innate axiom or shacklebreaker, also mechanical acuity are far away from bad ;)
    and your suggestion is OP, since it provides more boni that every set in the game till now. the set used n a true hybrid will not make the hybrid good, but it will make every other build OP, since the stats are over the top and because every stamina toon uses magicka abilities frequently (->so the boni from magicka abilities casted would be up pretty much on cooldown). on the other hand, the same goes for magicka toons. if you adjust your magicka build right, you also get the boni from using a stamina ability to the max extend. so actually you get minor expedition and major evasion pretty much for free by just using a skill of the opposite ressource. this is thx to the 20% regeneration buff not a problem. also the cp passsive, which allows the 80% reduction cost of one stam ability after breaking free helps magicka toons there. and there is always a cheap stamina ability, which comes in handy (with SS actually every magicka char could run forward momentum), magicka sorc would get it by darkdealing and so on....for the stam toons its even easier.
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    You know, I was using Spectre's Eye today and it made me come to appreciate something about it; it's ability to evade CC and Poisons (@Minno pointed this out in a different thread)...

Very few light armor sets allow you to do this, and it's huge...

Saving you from CC (which typically subjects you to an opponents burst) is something that sets like Riposte and Transmutation can't match and prevents far more damage than it initially seems as a result...

This set is growing on me and I can now see why @Minno champions this set despite the other sets available in this game...

It impressed me so much I Golded it out...

:)

Actually dodge rolling will save you more than the set. And you'll get root immunity. That's why shacklebreaker is so strong; it gives you that 18k Stam pool and closer to 1k Regen so you can comfortably dodge roll.

I wouldn't have golded that set, the duration doesn't change between purple/gold and you only increase your stats a little bit.

I wish they could buff Spectre eye :(

You know, I do agree; dodge rolling will avoid more damage/negative effects than this set, but the same could be said for many sets (which includes Transmutation and Rispote's)...

The point remains that this set gives you a chance to avoid an attacks Damage, CC, and any secondary effects that might come along with the attack...

Not many sets can do that; certainly while not while allowing you to stay on the offensive...

I especially like the fact that Elusive Mist procs it and anything that enhances survivability is a great thing IMHO...

I do wish it got a buff as well however; doubling both the duration and cool down would be sufficient IMHO...
    Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on April 8, 2018 8:00PM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    Horrible outdated set, major evasion has both a short duration and a long cooldown.

On top of that, the second and fourth piece set bonuses are garbage.

If you’re going to suffer through bad set bonuses and a mediocre five piece bonus, at least have the common sense to pick a set with 100% uptime on major evasion:

http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Hist+Bark+Set

Or you can wear an actual decent set with at least three useful set traits, and it still mitigates the full 15% of damage done to you. And the minor main debuff helps people you’re grouped with for a double bonus. Anyone your set debuff does 15% less damage to everyone for the full duration.

http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Wizard’s+Riposte+Set

Stop being bad. Drop the Spectre’s Eye.

Stop being so judgemental with so much negativity...

The set is fun, and doesn't seem to be as bad as you seem to think it is...

It's not perfect, but it has some worthwild perks to it...

The Physical Resist and Max Health enhance your ability to survive and that's never a bad thing last I looked...

With my current set up (which features Spectre's Eye of course) I have:

Healing Bar:
    28k+ Health...
    29k+ Spell Resist...
    23k+ Physical Resist...

DPS Bar:
    30k+ Health...
    26k+ Spell Resist...
    20k+ Physical Resist...

All of that is pretty good for survivability, especially when you consider the above is in 5 light/1 medium/1 heavy AND I don't have to cast a single buff whatsoever to achieve that...

All of that has 100% uptime...

In addition, Spectre's Eye can dodge CC and Poisons; Riposte can't do that...

Hist Bark requires you to block to get Major Evasion; with Spectre's Eye, I can get it and Mist away simutaneosly..

So there are some good things about Spectre's Eye; stop acting like it's all bad and that no redeeming aspects exist as pertains this set...

It is able to perform in ways that other sets can't match...

Also @Minalan

Clearly you don't know as much you pretend to know as pertains what you say here...

Riposte's doesnt always give 15% damage negation due to diminishing returns...

If you are going to be critical of someone's idea, then you better know what you are talking about before spewing ignorant nonsense...

Cheers!

:trollface:

It depends, it’s a full 15% in no cp, so you can make a halfway viable BG build with it. It scales down slightly with full CP.

Spectre can reach at best a 50% uptime and requires a cast to activate.

Your typical incap is going to come from nowhere when you’re not casting spells or expecting it. Riposte is going to eat some of that, and a good deal of the 20% follow up bonus damage. It’s an overall better counter to that, if you’re looking to build with that kind of defense.

Personally - I would just pick sets that give me 15-20% more Magicka AND stamina. 15% Bigger shields and more 15% more dodge rolls work better with sorcerers in open world. We’re playing a resource game and whomever has more has the advantage.

I apologize for slamming you so hard, but it’s frustrating when people run horrible builds, and come here crying about Sorc or nightblade nerfs because they consistently get farmed.

You’re clearly not THAT guy, but we we get this all of the time:

Blaaah! I get destroyed by Sorcs while wearing somedumbset! I’m fighting people with 48K Max Magicka and 19K stamina, and I can’t understand why I’m losing!

Blaaah! Sorcs are so underpowered and bad, my Magicka Sorc with 10K stamina lasts 10 seconds and can’t break free twice before he’s dead. (Not kidding on this one guys...)

Blaaah! Shields are stupid OP because I can’t break them with 2K weapon damage. My special snowflake friendship no-damage build should be meta! (Not kidding on this one either, the biggest nerf Sorc potato had 2,000 weapon damage on a stamina toon)

So now you understand why...
    Edited by Minalan on April 8, 2018 8:36PM
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    You know, I was using Spectre's Eye today and it made me come to appreciate something about it; it's ability to evade CC and Poisons (@Minno pointed this out in a different thread)...

Very few light armor sets allow you to do this, and it's huge...

Saving you from CC (which typically subjects you to an opponents burst) is something that sets like Riposte and Transmutation can't match and prevents far more damage than it initially seems as a result...

This set is growing on me and I can now see why @Minno champions this set despite the other sets available in this game...

It impressed me so much I Golded it out...

Actually dodge rolling will save you more than the set. And you'll get root immunity. That's why shacklebreaker is so strong; it gives you that 18k Stam pool and closer to 1k Regen so you can comfortably dodge roll.

I wouldn't have golded that set, the duration doesn't change between purple/gold and you only increase your stats a little bit.

I wish they could buff Spectre eye :(

You know, I do agree; dodge rolling will avoid more damage/negative effects than this set, but the same could be said for many sets (which includes Transmutation and Rispote's)...

The point remains that this set gives you a chance to avoid an attacks Damage, CC, and any secondary effects that might come along with the attack...

Not many sets can do that; certainly while not while allowing you to stay on the offensive...

I especially like the fact that Elusive Mist procs it and anything that enhances survivability is a great thing IMHO...

I do wish it got a buff as well however; doubling both the duration and cool down would be sufficient IMHO...

It should grant major evaison while slotted with miss chance activated on mag abilities (1target proc so it isn't OP). Then add spell/physical resist together, mag/stamina together, keep the health.

That would make a beast. Giving it Regen is too much and adding raw WD/SD is also to much given is to be a defensive set.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Horrible outdated set, major evasion has both a short duration and a long cooldown.

On top of that, the second and fourth piece set bonuses are garbage.

If you’re going to suffer through bad set bonuses and a mediocre five piece bonus, at least have the common sense to pick a set with 100% uptime on major evasion:

http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Hist+Bark+Set

Or you can wear an actual decent set with at least three useful set traits, and it still mitigates the full 15% of damage done to you. And the minor main debuff helps people you’re grouped with for a double bonus. Anyone your set debuff does 15% less damage to everyone for the full duration.

http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Wizard’s+Riposte+Set

Stop being bad. Drop the Spectre’s Eye.

Stop being so judgemental with so much negativity...

The set is fun, and doesn't seem to be as bad as you seem to think it is...

It's not perfect, but it has some worthwild perks to it...

The Physical Resist and Max Health enhance your ability to survive and that's never a bad thing last I looked...

With my current set up (which features Spectre's Eye of course) I have:

Healing Bar:
    28k+ Health...
    29k+ Spell Resist...
    23k+ Physical Resist...

DPS Bar:
    30k+ Health...
    26k+ Spell Resist...
    20k+ Physical Resist...

All of that is pretty good for survivability, especially when you consider the above is in 5 light/1 medium/1 heavy AND I don't have to cast a single buff whatsoever to achieve that...

All of that has 100% uptime...

In addition, Spectre's Eye can dodge CC and Poisons; Riposte can't do that...

Hist Bark requires you to block to get Major Evasion; with Spectre's Eye, I can get it and Mist away simutaneosly..

So there are some good things about Spectre's Eye; stop acting like it's all bad and that no redeeming aspects exist as pertains this set...

It is able to perform in ways that other sets can't match...

Also @Minalan

Clearly you don't know as much you pretend to know as pertains what you say here...

Riposte's doesnt always give 15% damage negation due to diminishing returns...

If you are going to be critical of someone's idea, then you better know what you are talking about before spewing ignorant nonsense...

Cheers!

:trollface:

It depends, it’s a full 15% in no cp, so you can make a halfway viable BG build with it. It scales down slightly with full CP.

Spectre can reach at best a 50% uptime and requires a cast to activate.

Your typical incap is going to come from nowhere when you’re not casting spells or expecting it. Riposte is going to eat some of that, and a good deal of the 20% follow up bonus damage. It’s an overall better counter to that, if you’re looking to build with that kind of defense.

Personally - I would just pick sets that give me 15-20% more Magicka AND stamina. 15% Bigger shields and more 15% more dodge rolls work better with sorcerers in open world. We’re playing a resource game and whomever has more has the advantage.

I apologize for slamming you so hard, but it’s frustrating when people run horrible builds, and come here crying about Sorc or nightblade nerfs because they consistently get farmed.

You’re clearly not THAT guy, but we we get this all of the time:

Blaaah! I get destroyed by Sorcs while wearing somedumbset! I’m fighting people with 48K Max Magicka and 19K stamina, and I can’t understand why I’m losing!

Blaaah! Sorcs are so underpowered and bad, my Magicka Sorc with 10K stamina lasts 10 seconds and can’t break free twice before he’s dead. (Not kidding on this one guys...)

Blaaah! Shields are stupid OP because I can’t break them with 2K weapon damage. My special snowflake friendship no-damage build should be meta! (Not kidding on this one either, the biggest nerf Sorc potato had 2,000 weapon damage on a stamina toon)

So now you understand why...

Its all good; no blood, no foul... :)

Yeah, I'm definitely not the guy asking for nerfs here; this thread was created solely for discussion about the Pro's and Con's of Spectre's Eye...nothing more.

As some here on the forums can tell you, I am definitely not a Meta chaser...

I mean we know what the Meta Sets are and we know that they work, so I like to see what other sets are viable outside of the Meta...

With that in mind, I like to take sets that have been discarded by theory as 'bad' (like Combat Physician) and see if I can create a build that makes said set viable...

Thus I try and find the good in a set and build around that goodness...

I feel that Spectre's Eye brings enough to the table to be viable (it's synergy with Elusive Mist is very good for example), and so my current focus is on builds that maximize it's strengths...

I've been able to create some really good builds using gear thought to be junk with the above mindset...

Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on April 8, 2018 10:57PM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • glavius
    glavius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do you think it has a nice synergy with elusive mist? It matters little if you dodge with 75% mitigation active.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    glavius wrote: »
    Why do you think it has a nice synergy with elusive mist? It matters little if you dodge with 75% mitigation active.

It will help avoid poisons, DOTs, status effects, etc which will still be nasty once you break mist (especially in light armor).

On the flip side, if you wear heavy armor you might miss out on Constitution procs if you dodge too much in your mist.
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭

People tend to chase you using dodgable attacks; mostly Light Attacks and Gap Closers...

When you dodge Light Attacks, you dodge the Poison associated with them as well (in particular the Poison that locks you down despite being in Mist Form)...

When you dodge a Gap Closer, you dodge the Snare...

I have seen the goodness of this synergy as pertains escaping 1st hand and it's awesome...
    Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on April 9, 2018 12:56AM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »

It will help avoid poisons, DOTs, status effects, etc which will still be nasty once you break mist (especially in light armor).

On the flip side, if you wear heavy armor you might miss out on Constitution procs if you dodge too much in your mist.

Double flipside, doesn't Constitution have a cooldown? :P
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry OP, but are you just trying to make a build that can run around a pillar while people chase you? It sounds like that's the case.

If you make that more clear then you'll probably get less criticism, because otherwise people are going to assume that want to do things like heal, deal damage or support and judge your build accordingly.
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry OP, but are you just trying to make a build that can run around a pillar while people chase you? It sounds like that's the case.

If you make that more clear then you'll probably get less criticism, because otherwise people are going to assume that want to do things like heal, deal damage or support and judge your build accordingly.

Of course I don't just want to run around trees...

The goal is a Jack of all Trades character; that's my goal regardless of MMO...

In ESO, Templar mobility and escape capability is limited and as such it has to be addressed if a Templar is to be successful in solo open world play...

Spectre's Eye enhances Templar escape capability via procing Major Evasion while in Mist Form and so it's very valuable in that capacity...

Btw, my character can still heal and burst as needed, so your thinking as pertains my goal here is in error...
    Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on April 16, 2018 9:26PM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC