Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Current thoughts on Spectre's Eye...

TheDoomsdayMonster
TheDoomsdayMonster
✭✭✭✭✭
I have been giving this set a lot of run lately, and I gotta say its hella fun to use, but like all things, there are good and bad things about it...

The Good:

1) It's effortless to proc for Magicka builds as literally every single Magicka ability you cast will proc it...

2) This sets proc (the sound effect and visuals of it) is awesome; one of the most gratifying procs in the game IMHO...

3) When random probability is working in your favor, the set is amazing; it's incredibly satisfying to see 'dodge, dodge, dodge' appear on your screen when you are not actively dodging...

Passively dodging Incap is 'fist pumpingly' gratifying.

4) Excellent synergy with Elusive Mist...

Earlier today I was running from 3 attackers in the tower at Ales Lumber and the Wild Running/Accelerating Drain/Elusive Mist/Spectre's Eye synergy was incredible (passively dodging while in 42% movement bonus Mist Form...priceless).

I kited them for several minutes with ease until I was able to stealth out and escape...

Was a lot of fun...

The Bad:

1) The 2, 3, and 4 piece set bonus's are decent for a Magicka build, but definitely not ideal (Physical Resist, Max Magicka, Max Health)...

2) When random probability is not on your side (and this is the case more often than not) this sets 5th piece bonus does absolutely nothing for you (or at the least, very little for you)...

I was 1vx a Dragon Knight and a Sorc earlier today, and I didn't passively dodge a single thing over the course of a 3 to 4 minute fight...

Normally it's not that bad when it comes to passively dodging, but it can be pretty lackluster at times...

3) The duration of this sets proc is short (only 3 seconds with a 6 sec cool down ), and so it's simply not up when you need it to be sometimes...

All in all Major Evasion will be in effect roughly 50% of the time during battle, and since literally every single ability cast will proc it, sometimes you simply can't time things to proc Major Evasion when you need it the most...

4) This is not the sets fault, but there is still a lot of undodgable attacks in this game, and so Spectre's Eyes 5th piece bonus is useless against certain class's/builds in direct combat (like Magicka Templar like myself ironically)...

Conclusion:

The set is a ton of fun, but it's not consistently good enough 1v1 or 1vx for my tastes...

It excells when fleeing with Elusive Mist however as people tend to chase you using dodgable attacks primarily and Major Evasion will be in effect a good deal of the time when kiting opponents...

But, enough of my rambling...

What are you guys experience using this set at current? What are your thoughts on it?
Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on March 30, 2018 6:19AM
Unyeilding Bias
PSN TheLordofMurder
PS4 NA
Magicka Templar
DC
The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The biggest problem is the cooldown. Three seconds of proc is fine, but they need to get rid of the cooldown.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Next patch with jelwery crafting:

Magdk: Tava's favor-Specre eye+ Valkin skoria or Blood Spawn

Enjoy spamming ulties
    Edited by Skander on March 30, 2018 9:47AM
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for a magdk probably histbark would be the better choice to receive major evasion buff;)
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Major evasion is really meant to synergize with a roller build, filler defense in between dodge rolls and cloak when you go on the offensive.
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The biggest problem is the cooldown. Three seconds of proc is fine, but they need to get rid of the cooldown.

I can agree with this...

If the Devs feel that is too much, then I'd be a fan of them increasing the duration and cool down...

Maybe something along the lines of 6 second duration with a 10 second cool down; that way you could fight with it up for a significant stretch...
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skander wrote: »

Enjoy spamming ulties

That does sound like it could be rather strong...

Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • glavius
    glavius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a terrible set. about 30-40% uptime of 15% passive dodge chance=5% mitigation vs dodgeable abilities on average.
    There are a TON of better 5 set bonuses.
    It's 2-4 set bonuses are also somewhat bad.
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Honestly it is just a worse version of Gossamer
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    glavius wrote: »
    It's a terrible set. about 30-40% uptime of 15% passive dodge chance=5% mitigation vs dodgeable abilities on average.

I wasn't going to say it but I'm glad someone did. Potatoes gon potate.
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sixty5 wrote: »
    Honestly it is just a worse version of Gossamer

grossamer doesn't have 50% uptime
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought of trying it a while ago on Magsorc. Seemed like a good way to help shields scale better v more enemies.

But as others have said, the downtime seems too long, then they nerfed major evasion from 20% which put the nail in the coffin of that idea.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    That set has a fun factor of over 9000 but a practical value of near zero in today's meta. IMO they could make it great again if they added a magicka restore each time you dodge.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Enjoy spamming ulties

That does sound like it could be rather strong...

It won't be much strong other than just staying alive. I ran something similar back when shuffle was not locked and ults just don't hit hard enough to run this offensively as you will need to use other skills as well which will hit like wet noodle also. Group utility was fine though.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    That set has a fun factor of over 9000 but a practical value of near zero in today's meta. IMO they could make it great again if they added a magicka restore each time you dodge.

I agree with that. Or if the major evasion values were changed again so that shuffle+class skills gave 15% minor evasion but major evasion gave 25-35% but only for 5pc set bonuses.

Either of those changes would boost the 5pc sets like gossamer, hist bark and spectre eye.

I have been using this set lately, and its only useful on procs after dodge rolls:
    https://youtu.be/MpnKd5QYAsc

The set bonuses only match templars/DKs who boost a higher spell resistance on their passives than the other classes so they can see benefit out of the 1pc physical and the extra health stat means it helps you not die. But I wouldn't use it on it's own, but on Light Armor with a main defensive set it sees better use.

Id probably swap it for reposte/trans instantly; all the more reason to buff sets that give dodge roll.
    Edited by Minno on March 30, 2018 1:55PM
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you need to pair it with meridia's, for sure.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Grimlok_S wrote: »
    I think you need to pair it with meridia's, for sure.

Riposte.

Meridias doesn’t scale with the number of attackers.
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xeven wrote: »
    glavius wrote: »

I wasn't going to say it but I'm glad someone did. Potatoes gon potate.

The set was much better and saw its peak in 1.3 when there was no CP system and the game was softcaped, and dominated by mag builds where a free dodge chance under those circumstances was very strong because many abilities back then worked far differently then they do now....A Blinding Flashes Templar Wearing Spectre was nearly impossible to kill in 1.3 without a Zerg of people for example...

The game is significantly different now then it was 1.3 Spectre was a great set back then paired with a Blinding Flashes Templar and Some DK Cinder Storm sets ups, today however it’s simply not very good because the set was never updated for the vast changes they have made to the game since then

Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know, I was using Spectre's Eye today and it made me come to appreciate something about it; it's ability to evade CC and Poisons (@Minno pointed this out in a different thread)...

Very few light armor sets allow you to do this, and it's huge...

Saving you from CC (which typically subjects you to an opponents burst) is something that sets like Riposte and Transmutation can't match and prevents far more damage than it initially seems as a result...

This set is growing on me and I can now see why @Minno champions this set despite the other sets available in this game...

It impressed me so much I Golded it out...

:)
    Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on April 7, 2018 5:42AM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow. I have only ever golded one set before.. hardly use it now though.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    Wow. I have only ever golded one set before.. hardly use it now though.

Only one!???

Wow...

I've Golden out many Sets...
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know, I was using Spectre's Eye today and it made me come to appreciate something about it; it's ability to evade CC and Poisons (@Minno pointed this out in a different thread)...

Very few light armor sets allow you to do this, and it's huge...

Saving you from CC (which typically subjects you to an opponents burst) is something that sets like Riposte and Transmutation can't match and prevents far more damage than it initially seems as a result...

This set is growing on me and I can now see why @Minno champions this set despite the other sets available in this game...

It impressed me so much I Golded it out...

:)

Actually dodge rolling will save you more than the set. And you'll get root immunity. That's why shacklebreaker is so strong; it gives you that 18k Stam pool and closer to 1k Regen so you can comfortably dodge roll.

I wouldn't have golded that set, the duration doesn't change between purple/gold and you only increase your stats a little bit.

I wish they could buff Spectre eye :(
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a whole it’s a bad set tbh.

2-4 piece bonuses need change and the cooldown should be shortened or (if proc duration reduced) removed altogether.

It has one of the coolest procs out there though!
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Horrible outdated set, major evasion has both a short duration and a long cooldown.

On top of that, the second and fourth piece set bonuses are garbage.

If you’re going to suffer through bad set bonuses and a mediocre five piece bonus, at least have the common sense to pick a set with 100% uptime on major evasion:

http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Hist+Bark+Set

Or you can wear an actual decent set with at least three useful set traits, and it still mitigates the full 15% of damage done to you. And the minor main debuff helps people you’re grouped with for a double bonus. Anyone your set debuff does 15% less damage to everyone for the full duration.

http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Wizard’s+Riposte+Set

Stop being bad. Drop the Spectre’s Eye.
    Edited by Minalan on April 7, 2018 6:39PM
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    Horrible outdated set, major evasion has both a short duration and a long cooldown.

On top of that, the second and fourth piece set bonuses are garbage.

If you’re going to suffer through bad set bonuses and a mediocre five piece bonus, at least have the common sense to pick a set with 100% uptime on major evasion:

http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Hist+Bark+Set

Or you can wear an actual decent set with at least three useful set traits, and it still mitigates the full 15% of damage done to you. And the minor main debuff helps people you’re grouped with for a double bonus. Anyone your set debuff does 15% less damage to everyone for the full duration.

http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Wizard’s+Riposte+Set

Stop being bad. Drop the Spectre’s Eye.

Stop being so judgemental with so much negativity...

The set is fun, and doesn't seem to be as bad as you seem to think it is...

It's not perfect, but it has some worthwild perks to it...

The Physical Resist and Max Health enhance your ability to survive and that's never a bad thing last I looked...

With my current set up (which features Spectre's Eye of course) I have:

Healing Bar:
    28k+ Health...
    29k+ Spell Resist...
    23k+ Physical Resist...

DPS Bar:
    30k+ Health...
    26k+ Spell Resist...
    20k+ Physical Resist...

All of that is pretty good for survivability, especially when you consider the above is in 5 light/1 medium/1 heavy AND I don't have to cast a single buff whatsoever to achieve that...

All of that has 100% uptime...

In addition, Spectre's Eye can dodge CC and Poisons; Riposte can't do that...

Hist Bark requires you to block to get Major Evasion; with Spectre's Eye, I can get it and Mist away simutaneosly..

So there are some good things about Spectre's Eye; stop acting like it's all bad and that no redeeming aspects exist as pertains this set...

It is able to perform in ways that other sets can't match...

Also @Minalan

Clearly you don't know as much you pretend to know as pertains what you say here...

Riposte's doesnt always give 15% damage negation due to diminishing returns...

If you are going to be critical of someone's idea, then you better know what you are talking about before spewing ignorant nonsense...

Cheers!

:trollface:
    Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on April 7, 2018 8:25PM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »

2-4 piece bonuses need change and the cooldown should be shortened or (if proc duration reduced) removed altogether.

Is it really that bad though?

After all, a 15% chance to evade Incap (and thus it's Damage, CC, and Major Defile) is infinitely better than the 0% chance Riposte's and Transmutation offers...
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's bad becouse all the other bonuses aren't good enough
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's bad becouse all the other bonuses aren't good enough

What's wrong with Physical Resist and Max Health? Especially for a Magicka Templar?

We need to be physically tough anyway as we are not mobile...

Now I do agree that the stat bonus's are not ideal for a Magicka build, but to say that they are bad is in error...
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »

Is it really that bad though?

After all, a 15% chance to evade Incap (and thus it's Damage, CC, and Major Defile) is infinitely better than the 0% chance Riposte's and Transmutation offers...

It's really not a good set. At absolute best, you get 50% uptime. That's also assuming you don't only slot Spectre's Eye on one bar. Wizard's Riposte reduces the damage you take by 15%, which is especially powerful with damage shields since they have 0 resistances. You debuff enemies with it so it also supports allies a lot.. Transmutation gets you (and allies) a phenomenal amount of Critical Resistance. Both of these are very good sets AND can be comfortably placed on one bar.

The current "Spectre's Eye" set
    (2 items) Adds 2975 Physical Resistance
    (3 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
    (4 items) Adds 1206 Maximum Health
    (5 items) When you cast a Magicka ability you gain Major Evasion for 3 seconds, increasing your dodge chance by 15%. This effect can occur once every 6 seconds.

Issues:
    - If you use a two-handed weapon you'll get a 4-piece Max Health bonus - awkward and not very useful to have on one bar
    - If you slot this set on one bar you will likely have a very low uptime due to the 6sec cooldown
    - Not enough uptime to really justify use - Major Evasion is nice but this is a 5-piece bonus were talking about - even if close to 100% uptime it would be pretty tough to justify over other options.
    - Physical Resistance is essentially a wasted set bonus - it should be Spell Damage, Maximum Magicka, or Magicka Recovery

If Spectre's Eye is going to be put on the level of Riposte and Transmutation, it should look something like:
    (2 items) Adds 1206 Maximum Health
    (3 items) Adds 129 Spell Damage and 129 Weapon Damage
    (4 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka and 1096 Maximum Stamina
    (5 items) Spectre's Eye
    Every time you cast a Magicka ability you gain Major Evasion, Major Intellect, and Major Sorcery for 6 seconds, increasing your dodge chance by 15%, your Magicka Recovery by 20%, and your Spell Damage by 20%.
    Every time you cast a Stamina ability you gain Minor Expedition, Major Endurance, and Major Brutality for 6 seconds, increasing your movement speed by 10%, your Stamina Recovery by 20%, and your Weapon Damage by 20%.
    Your Ultimates now Scale equally off of your Maximum Stamina and Maximum Magicka, and Spell Damage and Weapon Damage, as long as it increases the damage of your Ultimate.
    Each effect has an individual cooldown of 7 seconds.

This version has better 2-4 piece bonuses, and is viable for Magicka, Stamina, and especially Hybrids. 5-piece that can guarantee high uptime if used smartly and is easily better for Magicka users than the current version. Spectre's Eye is not group-oriented at all so it shouldn't be weaker for the individual than group sets like Transmutation and Wizard's Riposte. Magicka builds could use this version exactly the same as the old version but more effectively, and Hybrids builds could be interesting/slightly viable.

Thats just me though :neutral:

Edited because I can’t count .....
    Edited by Vaoh on April 8, 2018 12:10AM
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Vaoh

What you propose would be a 'bit' OP...

Don't you think?
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Vaoh

What you propose would be a 'bit' OP...

Don't you think?

It looks like a lot, but I don't think it'd be OP at all. If you're Magicka you basically just get Major Evasion with 86% absolute maximum uptime, realistically much less especially if on one bar. If you're Stamina you get Minor Expedition with 86% max uptime though similar to Magicka, it'd be way less.

The recovery buffs (Major Intellect/Endurance) are not that great and are redundant with tri-pots/trash pots that basically everyone uses. Very little effect.
    The damage buffs (Major Sorcery/Brutality) should be redundant on any decent Magicka or Stamina build. Zero benefit at all.

For Magicka it's a pretty good set and possibly worth it for some builds over the list of already great options, for Stamina not really worth slotting unless you have a Magicka skill you cast pretty regularly that could give you some free buffs you would've otherwise purposely not slotted.

For Hybrids it'd be a very good set and helps with the issue of needing all of these buffs from both sides. Also your Ultimate would hit normally like as if you built as a typical Mag/Stam build. The Ultimate buff benefits only Hybrids.
    Edited by Vaoh on April 7, 2018 11:36PM