The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Stamplar vs Stam Sorc

WickidMexican
WickidMexican
✭✭✭
I have been doing some testing with these 2 for a bit today. I want to play stam sorc but feel guilty that im not helping the group out with buffs or debuffs. I decided to compare the 2 in dps to see how much of a difference there is. I used 5 vo 5 nmg 2 stormfist. I have 20 into pen on both. On my stam sorc i was able to push 32k solo. Stamplar did 33.5k solo. Cp wise both are at 72 thau, 61 crit, 20 piercing, 56 the far right buffs damage. Then the rest into master at arms. I thought stam sorc was gonna pull ahead. Is the pen from potl really making that much of a difference? Maybe i can get some help with my cp on both. Im no expert. Also both are redguards. From what i understand major fracture is a 10% boost to damage. So im over 35k at least. Just someone explain how is stamplar pushing higher then stam sorc.
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should be on par pretty much.
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A lot of Stam Sorcs these days are the ones running Sunderflame + Night Mothers in groups, just because they have the heavy attack rotation that can keep those buffs up, along with AOE to apply Night Mothers to everything.

Apart from that, I'd say the difference would come down to your rotations on both.
    Templar is giving you Minor Fracture over Stam Sorc, so that is also going to be making a difference.

Biggest thing I can point out with Stam Sorc is that you have two possible rotations
    In the first you are recasting Hurricane and Blade cloak every rotation in time with Endless Hail (10 Seconds)
    The second is an extended rotation where you cast Hurricane and Cloak first after bar swapping the first cast of Endless Hail, at the end of your front bar rotation on the second cast, and you omit it completely on the third, meaning that your overall rotation lasts 30 seconds, to sync up the two different timers.

Basically the second is harder, but will give a pretty decent chunk of extra DPS since you are getting all of your third stage hurricane damage, and are gaining two extra casts of Flying Blade that you'd otherwise miss out on.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • WickidMexican
    WickidMexican
    ✭✭✭
    I see they way i been doing it was hail la trap la caltrops la poison swap

Ha rending ha blade la blade ha cloak la hurricane. I had my timers up. And it was at 1 or 2 seconds before it wore off. For cloak and hurricane. Idk maybe i can try a different rotation. Any tips or advice is appreaciated.
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In PvE they are pretty much on par in terms of DPS with Stamsorcs doing a bit better at AoE and Stamplars providing more utility for group.

In terms of solo content like vMA where self sustain and survivability plays a bigger role Stamsorcs definetely have the edge with better sustain passives and sustain skills and the incredibly strong Crit Surge on top of way better mobility.

In PvP a Stamsorc would dominate a Stamplar with equal skill any day for all the above mentioned reasons.

Overall if I were to reroll a stamina class where I wanted to be in a good place for all content in the game I would definately go for a Stamsorc over any other at this current time and place in the game. However if I were only interested in PvP then Stamwardens would be a better choise in terms of what's best - however they are not very attractive purely for DPS.

Additionally Stamsorcs also make the best Werewolves builds if that is of any interest.
  • WickidMexican
    WickidMexican
    ✭✭✭
    I see also i was reading somewhere that the atro ult is also a dps gain. Helps out a little to group. What i dont understand is why do people choose the greater atro morph over summon atro. Is the extra 4 secs and health really that noticable over the aoe effect?
  • SmellyUnlimited
    SmellyUnlimited
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have been doing some testing with these 2 for a bit today. I want to play stam sorc but feel guilty that im not helping the group out with buffs or debuffs. I decided to compare the 2 in dps to see how much of a difference there is. I used 5 vo 5 nmg 2 stormfist. I have 20 into pen on both. On my stam sorc i was able to push 32k solo. Stamplar did 33.5k solo. Cp wise both are at 72 thau, 61 crit, 20 piercing, 56 the far right buffs damage. Then the rest into master at arms. I thought stam sorc was gonna pull ahead. Is the pen from potl really making that much of a difference? Maybe i can get some help with my cp on both. Im no expert. Also both are redguards. From what i understand major fracture is a 10% boost to damage. So im over 35k at least. Just someone explain how is stamplar pushing higher then stam sorc.

Hard to really compare on a dummy the group value. Hurricane has tremendous AoE potential, whereas sweeps is so-so. Even when having to block, move, dodge, Hurricane is still wreaking havoc on enemies. Can’t really put a value on that unless you look at the damage it does in the aggregate.

Both have strong group utility, though. PoTL/cheap spear ult (to use War Machine)/repentance. Hurricane/stamina PvE utility (as mentioned above, NMG/Sunder). Actually, out of all the stamina classes, those two are leagues beyond NB/Stamden/Stam DK (unless you have a couple to make Morag value-added)
    Edited by SmellyUnlimited on March 30, 2018 5:06PM
    DO. NOT. WIPE. (in game OR out!)
  • WickidMexican
    WickidMexican
    ✭✭✭
    I understand now i was reading atro ultimate wrong now i see why greater atro is better. I thought the time on summon went up as well for some reason. My mistake.