The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

dagger/axe or axe/dagger does it matter o.O

BuddyAces
BuddyAces
✭✭✭✭✭
Does it matter which weapon you have in your main hand? Not taking traits into account.
They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It shouldn't matter, but I prefer the axe main hand.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sixty5 wrote: »
    It shouldn't matter, but I prefer the axe main hand.

Tks for the fast response =)
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It does not matter, but perfer the ax in the left hand, my right hand is much better at aiming and my left hand is more powerful, so the larger weapon goes there.
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Main hand procs more often than the off hand. On one character I have Infused Dagger with Weapon Enchantment main and Sharpened Ax with poison off hand. I want the dagger main because I don't need the ax to proc its bleed so often but the dagger procs things like increased critical hit.
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Main hand procs more often than the off hand. On one character I have Infused Dagger with Weapon Enchantment main and Sharpened Ax with poison off hand. I want the dagger main because I don't need the ax to proc its bleed so often but the dagger procs things like increased critical hit.

The bleed from the ax procs at the same rate regardless of what hand the ax is in. Test it out.

Also, you are losing dps using Sharpened. Nirn main/infused off, poison enchant main/weapon damage enchant off hand. This is because the off hand really only procs from light and heavy attacks and the weapon damage enchant is the same way. The poison enchant procs from endless hail off cooldown. Also the infused off hand makes theain hand enchant cool down decrease by 50% as well, so increases the dps from that by 30ish%. Try it out.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on March 30, 2018 3:46AM
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The bleed from the ax procs at the same rate regardless of what hand the ax is in. Test it out.

Also, you are losing dps using Sharpened. Nirn main/infused off, poison enchant main/weapon damage enchant off hand. This is because the off hand really only procs from light and heavy attacks and the weapon damage enchant is the same way. The poison enchant procs from endless hail off cooldown. Also the infused off hand makes theain hand enchant cool down decrease by 50% as well, so increases the dps from that by 30ish%. Try it out.

I can swap hands but I don't have a Nirnhoned Spriggans Ax.
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

You can transmute the sharpened to nirn. But for right now then, main hand Sharp off hand infused will be better then other way around. Though I would find another set, you want the pen from spriggans 100% of the time. What does the rest of your build look like?
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can transmute the sharpened to nirn. But for right now then, main hand Sharp off hand infused will be better then other way around. Though I would find another set, you want the pen from spriggans 100% of the time. What does the rest of your build look like?

5 x MA armour, 2 x Spriggans weapons (DW; bow on back bar), 3 x Spriggans jewelry, 2 x Hundings Rage for head & shoulders as place holders.
    PC NA, PC EU

• Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

5 x MA armour, 2 x Spriggans weapons (DW; bow on back bar), 3 x Spriggans jewelry, 2 x Hundings Rage for head & shoulders as place holders.

MA is mechanical acuity right? You would be better of having acuity on one bar and spriggans armor piece. You need the pen full time but acuity is a proc, meaning it will carry over if you swap weapons. Also it means you could delay the proc if you only had acuity on one bar.
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obviously the answer depends on whether you're left or right handed.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • SmellyUnlimited
    SmellyUnlimited
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »
    Obviously the answer depends on whether you're left or right handed.

Lol.
    DO. NOT. WIPE. (in game OR out!)