Hair Dyes

Kittytravel
Kittytravel
✭✭
So starting out the Appearance Change Token is probably on the list of most overpriced junk in the crown store...

I cannot fathom paying 10$ to change my hair color, which is basically what is being asked of us.

I would like to see hair dyes added to the game as an item. With them would come a collections tab, much like the outfits and hairstyles, that allows you to change your hair color based on dyes you've collected.

It's not a hard request, after all the models are already in the game; it's the addition of an item that would change just your hair color. Each dye can run about 200 to 400 crowns depending on color (basic, complex, rare) and I feel most people would buy them simply for the fact that it allows you to permanently change your hair color at will. There are some times where I want to have brown hair, but with other outfits or costumes I'd prefer blonde or black hair.

Opinions? It is another cash sink by far, but it's always a much longer-lived one that half the junk that currently plagues the crown store and allows further character customization on the fly.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SecretJoy wrote: »
    So starting out the Appearance Change Token is probably on the list of most overpriced junk in the crown store...

I cannot fathom paying 10$ to change my hair color, which is basically what is being asked of us.

I would like to see hair dyes added to the game as an item. With them would come a collections tab, much like the outfits and hairstyles, that allows you to change your hair color based on dyes you've collected.

It's not a hard request, after all the models are already in the game; it's the addition of an item that would change just your hair color. Each dye can run about 200 to 400 crowns depending on color (basic, complex, rare) and I feel most people would buy them simply for the fact that it allows you to permanently change your hair color at will. There are some times where I want to have brown hair, but with other outfits or costumes I'd prefer blonde or black hair.

Opinions? It is another cash sink by far, but it's always a much longer-lived one that half the junk that currently plagues the crown store and allows further character customization on the fly.

I agree with all of this, except for the part where you can dye your hair any color that you've collected.

I would much rather see the option to dye your hair any color that is offered in character creation to all of the races.

I'm all for being unique, but I would hate to see a bunch of toons running around with pink/purple/green hair...total immersion breaker.

I'd prefer any hair color allowed in the game. I was devastated that I couldn't recreate my TES V: Skyrim Altmer Dovahkiin with her long black hair and had to settle for the darkest color available on Altmer: medium brown hair.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Paging @Abeille :D
    Armitas wrote: »
    This game is so broken I don't even know how people distinguish CE from negligent development.
  • SecretJoy
    SecretJoy
    ✭✭✭

I agree with all of this, except for the part where you can dye your hair any color that you've collected.

I would much rather see the option to dye your hair any color that is offered in character creation to all of the races.

I'm all for being unique, but I would hate to see a bunch of toons running around with pink/purple/green hair...total immersion breaker.

I'd prefer any hair color allowed in the game. I was devastated that I couldn't recreate my TES V: Skyrim Altmer Dovahkiin with her long black hair and had to settle for the darkest color available on Altmer: medium brown hair.

Sorry if I wasn't clear, but that's what I meant :) I would like for every character to have access to every hair color that is available in character creation. That includes the ones for other races.
  • Stewart1874
    Stewart1874
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agree entirely. Implement like a barber shop or something.

Its grossly over priced for what it is. I also think hair dyes should be any colour from a predetermined set - i.e no alyeid gold, for example, there shouldn't be any reason why I can't as an Altmer dye my hair black.

Could tie it to ESO+ Subs as a benefit. Theres a bloody thread on it and this seems like an easy ask for ZoS to give.
    PS4 - Europe - Aldmeri Dominion
  • Yzalirk
    Yzalirk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, there really should be a way to change your hair color. The Appearance Change Token is a massive waste just for a simple change.

I think hair colors should be a type of bundle, if you will, like the hair styles and adornment packs. This way you can change it on the fly whenever you want and use whatever color regardless of race. I really do not understand why Nords cannot have dark brown hair...

Alternatively, which I highly doubt will ever happen, is a barber or hair dye station. You can buy hair and beard styles in the Crown Store that work for all races so I highly doubt that ZOS would ever add a way to change your hair color by talking to an NPC or whatever.
  • platonicidealgirlfriend

here's a book dating from 1661 detailing how to dye your hair red and green :smiley:
    https://books.google.com/books?id=nDYVAAAAQAAJ&pg=PA82&hl=pl&source=gbs_selected_pages&cad=2#v=onepage&q&f=false
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just pissed off because I spent the 1000 Crowns on an appearance change to change my freaking hair color, selected my hair color very carefully, and once I got in game it showed up COMPLETELY DIFFERENTLY. I don't mean "oh, that red looks a little more brown" or "oh, it's a little lighter/darker than it looked in the character creator." I picked red. Yet in game, it looks white with just the faintest of pink undertones if you zoom in all the way and look at it from just the right angle. I'm really angry about that. It's not cool.

So yeah, hair dye is necessary. Because spending essentially $10 to change your character's hair color and then have it not even turn out the color you picked is complete bull.
    @Kiyakotari
    PC/NA CP312
    EP Myraian - Saxhleel Dragonknight - Tank ǀ Librarian ǀ Mastercrafter ǀ
    AD Tuuli ys Saeledhel - Altmer Sorceress - DD ǀ
    AD Duoillaume the Hammer - Altmer Nightblade - DD ǀ Master Thief ǀ Silencer ǀ Vampire ǀ First Bitten ǀ
    DC Ruadh'chok - Orsimer Nightblade - DD ǀ
    EP Wren Llawcáe - Nord Templar - Tanky DD ǀ Werewolf ǀ
    DC Praxidike Moravius - Imperial Templar - Healer ǀ Devotee of Mara, Meridia, & Azura ǀ
    AD Darryl Llawcáe - Altmer Templar - DD ǀ Silencer ǀ
    EP Hírosvørn the Axe - Nord Dragonknight - DD ǀ Werewolf ǀ Packmaster ǀ
    AD Don'jarsi Zilarra - Khajiit Warden - DD ǀ Thief ǀ Dark Brotherhood Assassin ǀ
    DC Wu Fei the Unrelenting - Redguard Dragonknight - DD ǀ Librarian ǀ
    AD Maehlía - Altmer Dragonknight - Tank ǀ Thief ǀ Silencer ǀ
    DC Manone Rolaine - Breton Sorceress - DD ǀ Vampire ǀ
    EP Faník-Azeez-Xal-Sahtee - Saxhleel Templar - Healer ǀ Akssel'sal of the Hist ǀ Seer ǀ
    AD Kalathihre - Altmer Templar - Tank ǀ Mercenary ǀ Devotee of Two Moons Dance ǀ
    AD Khourilen the Fellmonger - Bosmer Warden - Healer ǀ Mercenary ǀ Adherent of the Green Pact ǀ Vampire ǀ

@RapidTwitch
    PC/NA

@Misidae
    PC/NA
    AD Kiheh'Dra - Ohmes Nightblade - DD ǀ
    EP Llasi Faveran - Dunmer Warden - Healer ǀ Devotee of Boethiah ǀ

@Sadagat
    PC/NA
    EP Fanik-Azeez-Xal-Sahtee - Saxhleel Templar - Healer ǀ Akssel'sal of the Hist ǀ Seer ǀ

• Versispellis
    Versispellis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kiyakotari wrote: »
    I'm just pissed off because I spent the 1000 Crowns on an appearance change to change my freaking hair color, selected my hair color very carefully, and once I got in game it showed up COMPLETELY DIFFERENTLY. I don't mean "oh, that red looks a little more brown" or "oh, it's a little lighter/darker than it looked in the character creator." I picked red. Yet in game, it looks white with just the faintest of pink undertones if you zoom in all the way and look at it from just the right angle. (. . .)

This dovetails with what I think is really deceptive lighting in the appearance change stage. They really should tweak it to a more neutral lighting that is more representative of what you will see in daylight.

I love this hair dye idea. I'd love an eye color pack, too.

PS4 NA
  • Bubbulzz
    Bubbulzz
    Soul Shriven
    I'm just pissed off because I spent the 1000 Crowns on an appearance change to change my freaking hair color, selected my hair color very carefully, and once I got in game it showed up COMPLETELY DIFFERENTLY. I don't mean "oh, that red looks a little more brown" or "oh, it's a little lighter/darker than it looked in the character creator." I picked red. Yet in game, it looks white with just the faintest of pink undertones if you zoom in all the way and look at it from just the right angle. (. . .)

This dovetails with what I think is really deceptive lighting in the appearance change stage. They really should tweak it to a more neutral lighting that is more representative of what you will see in daylight.

I totally agree, I would def love to be able to change my hair color at will and some different eye and lip colors would also be amazing. Honestly, I feel that makeup should be completely separate from other facial stuff like, war paints and tattoos. It is so annoying to apply a facial tattoo only to have it remove any makeup my toon has on. Ugh, If I didn't want the makeup, I wouldn't have put it on!
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭
    I say they need to open it up and just let every dye color used for armor or weapons be used for hair. Why? Because the same argument against this was used for weapon dying. "I don't want to see pink/purple/green swords in the game! Immersion!!!" I dunno about everyone else, but I've seen literally one pink resto-staff user and all of three blue/green swords that weren't that color because of the motif style used to make them. Everyone else seems to just make theirs silver, gold, or black.

Anyone using "immersion breaking" colors does it to fit their character aesthetic, so why does anyone even care? There's a glorious lack of rainbow people in this game, and what we do get is predominantly out of player control.
  • Versispellis
    Versispellis
    ✭✭✭✭
    I totally agree, I would def love to be able to change my hair color at will and some different eye and lip colors would also be amazing. Honestly, I feel that makeup should be completely separate from other facial stuff like, war paints and tattoos. It is so annoying to apply a facial tattoo only to have it remove any makeup my toon has on. Ugh, If I didn't want the makeup, I wouldn't have put it on!

Yes! I have a friend that would definitely love to have freckles AND eyeshadow. Some of the style parlor items from the crown store layer with what is already on your character, so the foundation is already there, and I can't believe that giving people the ability to layer a few decals on their characters' faces would be that graphically intensive. The simplest solution would be to just give people the ability to add two or three "makeups." That's what a lot of character creators do.

PS4 NA
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭

Absolutely, and the little color icons apparently aren't representative of the colors, either. Because the icon I picked was also red. And yet, in-game, there we go, it's white hair. FML. 1000 Crowns flushed down the drain.
    @Kiyakotari
    PC/NA CP312
    EP Myraian - Saxhleel Dragonknight - Tank ǀ Librarian ǀ Mastercrafter ǀ
    AD Tuuli ys Saeledhel - Altmer Sorceress - DD ǀ
    AD Duoillaume the Hammer - Altmer Nightblade - DD ǀ Master Thief ǀ Silencer ǀ Vampire ǀ First Bitten ǀ
    DC Ruadh'chok - Orsimer Nightblade - DD ǀ
    EP Wren Llawcáe - Nord Templar - Tanky DD ǀ Werewolf ǀ
    DC Praxidike Moravius - Imperial Templar - Healer ǀ Devotee of Mara, Meridia, & Azura ǀ
    AD Darryl Llawcáe - Altmer Templar - DD ǀ Silencer ǀ
    EP Hírosvørn the Axe - Nord Dragonknight - DD ǀ Werewolf ǀ Packmaster ǀ
    AD Don'jarsi Zilarra - Khajiit Warden - DD ǀ Thief ǀ Dark Brotherhood Assassin ǀ
    DC Wu Fei the Unrelenting - Redguard Dragonknight - DD ǀ Librarian ǀ
    AD Maehlía - Altmer Dragonknight - Tank ǀ Thief ǀ Silencer ǀ
    DC Manone Rolaine - Breton Sorceress - DD ǀ Vampire ǀ
    EP Faník-Azeez-Xal-Sahtee - Saxhleel Templar - Healer ǀ Akssel'sal of the Hist ǀ Seer ǀ
    AD Kalathihre - Altmer Templar - Tank ǀ Mercenary ǀ Devotee of Two Moons Dance ǀ
    AD Khourilen the Fellmonger - Bosmer Warden - Healer ǀ Mercenary ǀ Adherent of the Green Pact ǀ Vampire ǀ

@RapidTwitch
    PC/NA

@Misidae
    PC/NA
    AD Kiheh'Dra - Ohmes Nightblade - DD ǀ
    EP Llasi Faveran - Dunmer Warden - Healer ǀ Devotee of Boethiah ǀ

@Sadagat
    PC/NA
    EP Fanik-Azeez-Xal-Sahtee - Saxhleel Templar - Healer ǀ Akssel'sal of the Hist ǀ Seer ǀ