The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

How long does it take to delete a character

Dante_Zetsumei
So my gf wanted to reroll her character to remake it she made a dark elf she wants it to be a high elf she wants to use the same name its been about 2 days she still cannot delete it
GT: Dante Zetsumei
Server: Xbox One NA
Faction: DaggerFall Covenant
  • duendology
    duendology
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It should get your character deleted immediately.
    How many characters has she got? if it's her only character..it may be not possible to delete this one until you create a new one?
    PC/NA
    - Redguard StamBlade dps ["bowtard" crafty girl who likes spinning with daggers too.]
    - Breton SorcMag dps [She's got an identity crisis, but I believe in her.]
    - Dunmer Templar dps/healer [she's a healer, then again she likes inferno staff too...]
    And..
    - High Elf SorcMag dps [It's quite possible his daddy was a Nord.]

I am an old-fashioned Goth
  • Dante_Zetsumei
    No she has i think around 4 chars
  • duendology
    duendology
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The it is weird then. once you type the word 'DELETE" and click on delete... you should have the chosen character deleted.
    PC/NA
    - Redguard StamBlade dps ["bowtard" crafty girl who likes spinning with daggers too.]
    - Breton SorcMag dps [She's got an identity crisis, but I believe in her.]
    - Dunmer Templar dps/healer [she's a healer, then again she likes inferno staff too...]
    And..
    - High Elf SorcMag dps [It's quite possible his daddy was a Nord.]

I am an old-fashioned Goth
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its an limit on 3 deletes in an row.
    This is to avoid an old exploit back at launch.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Aebaradath
    Aebaradath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If she has deleted other characters prior, there's a cooldown before you can delete another. I've forgotten how long that duration is though, but If I had to guess I'd say it's 24 hours. On the character screen it shows how many characters you can delete. If it shows she can delete three characters then it's another issue.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you have to wait after deleting 3 characters, so 24+ hours for one slot to open up, 24+ more for slot 2 to be deleted, so on and so forth.

Suggestion:
    Do Not create any character you don't intend to play.....download the PTS and play around if you have the HD space
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    how fast can you type DELETE ?
  • Dante_Zetsumei
    She did delete some old chars but it has been over 24 hrs almost 2 days since she deleted the other chars she doesnt use
  • Dante_Zetsumei
    you have to wait after deleting 3 characters, so 24+ hours for one slot to open up, 24+ more for slot 2 to be deleted, so on and so forth.

Suggestion:
    Do Not create any character you don't intend to play.....download the PTS and play around if you have the HD space

Your telling me not to make chars i dont intend to play how are people suppose to know if they like them or not i am on console i cannot use the pts
    Edited by Dante_Zetsumei on March 28, 2018 11:24PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Suggestion:

Your telling me not to make chars i dont intend to play how are people suppose to know if they like them or not i am on console i cannot use the pts

You can delete characters you don't like, but you can only delete 3 characters in a 24 hour period, after which one slot opens up every 24 hours.

This fixed an exploit in which players could create a new character, do a quick "talk to this NPC for gold" quest, mail the gold to a different account, delete the character, make a new one, ad nauseum. it also, inadvertently, serves as a security mechanism keeping someone from deleting all of a hacked account's characters in a single day, though that was not the intent.

So really, your only solution is to be patient or to not delete more than one character every 24 hours. So if you are in the habit of creating many characters and then deleting them, such as when some people do that to tweak their face, etc. in the character creation screen, just be aware of and patiently plan for those limitations.
  • Dante_Zetsumei
    I understand what your saying im just saying it been well over 24 hours around 2 days didnt know if they upped the timer just started playing eso again i stopped b4 morrowind was out
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Suggestion:

Yes, watch some videos/read some sites and tips vs creating and deleting over and over. See the comment above it’s not that you’re doing anything wrong or bad but it’s that you’d have to wait longer and longer the more you do this which seems to be what you want to avoid to play
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • dannymcgr81b14_ESO
    dannymcgr81b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is she typing DELETE in all caps? I don't think it works with lower case letters.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If she isnt changing class. Race change.
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    About an hour of crying while staring at the screen.
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If after waiting the extra times as others have pointed out. Do a ticket cause something is bugged. Respond to the auto response until you get someone that fixes it.

On PC renaming the SavedVarables folder in the live game fixes a lot of bugs. (add .OLD to the name) Not certain what access a console has to that. If it fixes it you can delete the folder if not then roll back.
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • neverwalk
    neverwalk
    ✭✭✭✭
    she can have 8 characters on the account
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    neverwalk wrote: »
    she can have 8 characters on the account

15 after buying more slots. Though if she wants to reuse a name then yeah, deleting or race change is the way to go.