Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Returning player: Magicka DK - Master at arms??

willymchilybily
willymchilybily
✭✭✭✭
Hey any help welcome,

come back to see a changed champion point skill, and a few new DLCs. gonna give it a try again. my questions:

master at arms. from what i can tell in respect to a DK. a skill like burning embers, the first hit will be affected, and the tick is obviously still thermatauge. but what about a staff heavy/light attack?.

Also notice spell erosion is being used more than before (previously a sharpened staff didnt require much extra spell erosion to min max). i guess this is changed too, if i was looking at doing Vet maelstrom, any advice on how much spell penetration i should be aiming for. eg with and without sharpened? Most bosses have a physical and spell resistance of 18200 and are level 50 <--is this only dungeon bosses or maelstrom bosses too.

is @Asayre 's CP optimiser uptodate?
http://asayre.mygamesonline.org/MorrowindCPOptimisation/CPOptimisation.html#

assuming i have no resource issues, optimal mundus stone or is it all a wash? (still in my old gear, running will power(x3), julianos(x4), skoria(x2) + maelstrom destro)

Thanks in advance.
PSN - WarpPigeon - Guild: TheSyndicate - EU, Ebonheart Pact
Dragon Knight [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
Night Blade [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
Sorcerer [Magicka] - 720 - Flawless Conqueror
Templar [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
Dragon Knight [Stamina] - 720 - Stormproof
Night Blade [Stamina] - 720 - Stormproof
Sorcerer [Stamina] - 720
  • jnelson1182
    jnelson1182
    ✭✭
    lol take away the maelstrom weapon and add in a dew pieces of bsw on a DK that's the same build I am currently running lol
    * Maccb- Level 50 DragonKnight- Fire mage type build/ BSW body, Valkyn Skoria mister set, & Willpower Jewelry/Random Flame/Lightning/Reston STAFF's
    **MBF**
  • willymchilybily
    willymchilybily
    ✭✭✭✭
    lol take away the maelstrom weapon and add in a dew pieces of bsw on a DK that's the same build I am currently running lol

yeah burning spell weave looks like a set i need, maybe also netch for my sorc.

I've been experimenting and reading up. Master at arms is anything that is not directly the DOT. i still should test if it effects heavy attacks.

mundus stone thief is still good unless you run the clockwork city set: mechanical acuity, in which case Spell damage instead.

yeah i guess the BSW is one of the best for DK. but is the min max to drop skoria, and will power, for BSW? doesnt sound like a gain, or swap the Maelstrom staff too and have kena 1 piece, or to straight swap the julianos. But for now none of the above, with the new champion points cap and skill trees, vMA is feeling quite simple, certainly less 1 shots going on, no need to really min max just yet id say. Though would be nice to get a flawless on my DK.
    PSN - WarpPigeon - Guild: TheSyndicate - EU, Ebonheart Pact
    Dragon Knight [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Night Blade [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Sorcerer [Magicka] - 720 - Flawless Conqueror
    Templar [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Dragon Knight [Stamina] - 720 - Stormproof
    Night Blade [Stamina] - 720 - Stormproof
    Sorcerer [Stamina] - 720
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Master at arms buffs direct attacks like whip or inhale, but also buffs the initial hit of a lot of dots like burning ambers, engulfing flames or burning talons. The dot is buffed by thaumaturge, as you already thought.
    Light and heavy attacks of bows, 2hs, snb and dual wield are direct damage. Also those of ice and inferno staves. For heal and lightning staves, a light attack counts as a direct damage, but heavy attacks are channelled and therefore count as dots.