The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Magplar disengage discussion

• Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skander wrote: »
    @Skander

Just for the sake of being thorough, I'll even post a Magplar build that I've been experimenting with that has proven itself to be very, very, good at escape (by Magplar standards of course), can take some punishment, and is able to bring something to the table offensively:

Mighty Chudan x2 (Head/Shoulders)...
    Spectre's Eye x5 (Light Armor; Chest, Hands, Legs, Waist, Feet)...
    Vampire Lord x5 (Sword and Board, Necklass, Rings)...

Puncturing Sweeps...
    Accelerating Drain...
    Structured Entropy...
    Toppling Charge...
    Elusive Mist...
    Devouring Swarm...

This build combined with Wild Running, Accelerating Drain, and Elusive Mist gives you great escape ability and it can already take a ton of punishment (especially since you are getting a Max Health Bonus from Spectre's Eye, Mighty Chudan, and 2000 more Max Health from Structured Entropy; you will top 30k Health)...

Spectre's Eye will regularly provide Major Evasion (which works while in Mist Form) and of course you have the 100% up time on 8255 Physical/Spell Resist with Mighty Chudan...

Now, this is not my optimal Vampire Lord build, but as concerns being able to escape, its very very good...

And it can turn around and unload an excellent combo of: Structured Entropy, Toppling Charge, Devouring Swarm, Puncturing Sweeps which is pretty formidable...

In conclusion, your stance that Vampire Lord is "completely useless" is in grave error...

What is useless are those who cant come up with unconventional creative builds which maximize a given armor sets strengths...

No sustain. Mighty chudan is redundant since if you don't run channeling focus, you die. Vampire lord...nah. it's useless. You can Tried fortified brass in light. But i would go for shacklebreaker.

You can't build yourself around escaping, templar is not good at it.

Ah, but I have actually run this build and have found it excellent for escaping; I've done so many many times...

You haven't run it, and so your opinion on its performance is meaningless...

You can sustain by back baring a Resto Staff, Heavy Attacking, combined with a food buff...

Magplar can be built around escaping if you are willing to think outside the box; I've proved it with the above...

Ps...you don't 'need' Channeled Focus; I sustain just fine on all my Magplar builds without it.

I also escape many times. The real deal is escaping in the mid of a zerg. If you die, you can't escape.

I rarely die with the above build and have escaped from all sorts of situations with it...

Ok. Let me argue with this then. Did you kill someone, with that build. Alone?

Absolutely...

Now, it lacks the killing power that some of my other builds have, but it can kill and I have killed players with it; Vampire Lord makes Devouring Swarm hit hard...

Makes everytrhing less not doing anything. And mind you, devouring swarm does magic dmg. Put war maiden on and you have the same effects.

And i doubt you can kill someone with at least 1 month of pvp in his back

War Maiden provides equal damage, however, Vampire Lord reduces the Ultimate Cost of Devouring Swarm and it increases the amount of Healing Devouring Swarm provides opposed to War Maiden...

You might doubt I can kill with this build, and that's your right, but I know what it can do from actual 1st hand experience; you are merely speculating (wrongly) about its killing power...

I still want that damn video!! You promised me gameplay!
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • Baz
    Baz
    ✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    While Pariah armor is heavy, the jewelry can drop in all three varieties.

Yep, like all 3 sets in Wrothgar. Don't know why it happened only in this DLC zone also, but that's a good thing ^^
    vAA : 150.350 WS StamBlade
    vSO : 171.041 CwC StamSorc
    vHRC : 155.895 DB Tank
    vMoL : 159.672 CwC Stamplar
    vHoF : 206.667 MkM StamNB
    vAS : 111.272 MkM Magplar
    vCR : 128.397 WS MagSorc
    Mostly retired from PvE ESO
    Options
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    @Skander

Just for the sake of being thorough, I'll even post a Magplar build that I've been experimenting with that has proven itself to be very, very, good at escape (by Magplar standards of course), can take some punishment, and is able to bring something to the table offensively:

Mighty Chudan x2 (Head/Shoulders)...
    Spectre's Eye x5 (Light Armor; Chest, Hands, Legs, Waist, Feet)...
    Vampire Lord x5 (Sword and Board, Necklass, Rings)...

Puncturing Sweeps...
    Accelerating Drain...
    Structured Entropy...
    Toppling Charge...
    Elusive Mist...
    Devouring Swarm...

This build combined with Wild Running, Accelerating Drain, and Elusive Mist gives you great escape ability and it can already take a ton of punishment (especially since you are getting a Max Health Bonus from Spectre's Eye, Mighty Chudan, and 2000 more Max Health from Structured Entropy; you will top 30k Health)...

Spectre's Eye will regularly provide Major Evasion (which works while in Mist Form) and of course you have the 100% up time on 8255 Physical/Spell Resist with Mighty Chudan...

Now, this is not my optimal Vampire Lord build, but as concerns being able to escape, its very very good...

And it can turn around and unload an excellent combo of: Structured Entropy, Toppling Charge, Devouring Swarm, Puncturing Sweeps which is pretty formidable...

In conclusion, your stance that Vampire Lord is "completely useless" is in grave error...

What is useless are those who cant come up with unconventional creative builds which maximize a given armor sets strengths...

No sustain. Mighty chudan is redundant since if you don't run channeling focus, you die. Vampire lord...nah. it's useless. You can Tried fortified brass in light. But i would go for shacklebreaker.

You can't build yourself around escaping, templar is not good at it.

Ah, but I have actually run this build and have found it excellent for escaping; I've done so many many times...

You haven't run it, and so your opinion on its performance is meaningless...

You can sustain by back baring a Resto Staff, Heavy Attacking, combined with a food buff...

Magplar can be built around escaping if you are willing to think outside the box; I've proved it with the above...

Ps...you don't 'need' Channeled Focus; I sustain just fine on all my Magplar builds without it.

I also escape many times. The real deal is escaping in the mid of a zerg. If you die, you can't escape.

I rarely die with the above build and have escaped from all sorts of situations with it...

Ok. Let me argue with this then. Did you kill someone, with that build. Alone?

Absolutely...

Now, it lacks the killing power that some of my other builds have, but it can kill and I have killed players with it; Vampire Lord makes Devouring Swarm hit hard...

Makes everytrhing less not doing anything. And mind you, devouring swarm does magic dmg. Put war maiden on and you have the same effects.

And i doubt you can kill someone with at least 1 month of pvp in his back

War Maiden provides equal damage, however, Vampire Lord reduces the Ultimate Cost of Devouring Swarm and it increases the amount of Healing Devouring Swarm provides opposed to War Maiden...

You might doubt I can kill with this build, and that's your right, but I know what it can do from actual 1st hand experience; you are merely speculating (wrongly) about its killing power...

I still want that damn video!! You promised me gameplay!

One day I'm, going to get around to making gameplay video's...

I promise!

Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
    Options
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love minor expedition from accelerating drain and mistform. So much speed and tankyness, not even bigboss‘ zerg can deal with it ;)
    Options