The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Video] Zavos Smallscale-2vX | MagDK & BlazePlar GamePlay

FakeZavos
FakeZavos
✭✭✭✭
Some of my video's I had stored on my PC, enjoy <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mpDZgO13a8&amp;feature=youtu.be
Edited by FakeZavos on March 25, 2018 5:02PM
Why do I even try
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    <3<3
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ragnarock41 remember the lecture you gave me on how green dragon blood is a bad skill? ;)
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fake video, Mag Dk and Blazing templar are terrible classes, and would never be able to do any of this.

You are both actually playing Stamblades and just photoshopping the kills.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • FakeZavos
    FakeZavos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Damn, was it so obvious?
    Why do I even try
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Subversus wrote: »
    @Ragnarock41 remember the lecture you gave me on how green dragon blood is a bad skill? ;)

As I said on my previous posts, GDB is a tank heal, and a person with 36k hp and 29k stamina, is a tank, to be honest.

I still stand behind my point that playing an agressive stamDk is one of the toughest things you can do with so low room for error , because GDB is meant for this guy and not for me with my 25k hp and 40k stamina.

I honestly don't understand your point here, all you do is just prove my points.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on March 26, 2018 6:40AM
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As I said on my previous posts, GDB is a tank heal, and a person with 36k hp and 29k stamina, is a tank, to be honest.

I still stand behind my point that playing an agressive stamDk is one of the toughest things you can do with so low room for error , because GDB is meant for this guy and not for me with my 25k hp and 40k stamina.

I honestly don't understand your point here, all you do is just prove my points.

Nvm you still don’t get it

Here I drew you something
    KmBEnUv.jpg
    Edited by Subversus on March 26, 2018 3:11PM
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

KmBEnUv.jpg

Literally dont have time for your ***. That "actual good" build wont kill any competent player, The exact same thing can be done on a magDk, but magDks can and will go hard on damage because it is fun and viable to do so. You can't understand the concept of fun though sadly. For you Its all about winning a stupid internet argument, otherwise you wouldn't get sooooo hurt to tag me over some random video that has nothing to do between the argument between you and me, other than the fact that a tank used a heal meant for tanks in his video.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on March 26, 2018 7:38PM
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The same thing can't be done on a magDK. Turns out I've used essentially that build on multiple classes and it kills a lot of competent players. I haven't tried GDB, but it's selling me on it. I'm not an optimal pilot because I live at 150-180 ping now and my only computer is the MacBook Pro I got for free - plus, I'm dumb and a baddie.

People in this game pidgeonhole themselves into the concept of damage = success and never consider how mitigation and batttlespirit play into damage output. I'm not running a heavy weapon damage build and I routinely one-shot folks during 1vX play. Sure, they aren't good pilots running good builds, but that's the condition on which 1vX is predicated.

I can't speak for your all's little tiff, but I can say that it'd probably help if you widened your perspective on theorycrafting.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

KmBEnUv.jpg

Literally dont have time for your ***. That "actual good" build wont kill any competent player, The exact same thing can be done on a magDk, but magDks can and will go hard on damage because it is fun and viable to do so. You can't understand the concept of fun though sadly. For you Its all about winning a stupid internet argument, otherwise you wouldn't get sooooo hurt to tag me over some random video that has nothing to do between the argument between you and me, other than the fact that a tank used a heal meant for tanks in his video.

Ok
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    The same thing can't be done on a magDK. Turns out I've used essentially that build on multiple classes and it kills a lot of competent players. I haven't tried GDB, but it's selling me on it. I'm not an optimal pilot because I live at 150-180 ping now and my only computer is the MacBook Pro I got for free - plus, I'm dumb and a baddie.

People in this game pidgeonhole themselves into the concept of damage = success and never consider how mitigation and batttlespirit play into damage output. I'm not running a heavy weapon damage build and I routinely one-shot folks during 1vX play. Sure, they aren't good pilots running good builds, but that's the condition on which 1vX is predicated.

I can't speak for your all's little tiff, but I can say that it'd probably help if you widened your perspective on theorycrafting.

oh how I love the forum bias :)

mDk tanks can actually spam GDB unlike stamDk ones which barely can use it 1 or 2 times in a row.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKw1nN51PSs

Here is an old example. MagDKs didnt get any defensive nerfs since then. The only reason magDK tanks started to disappear is that block changes now actually favor non perma blockers over magDks with %80+ block cost reduction.

And I do consider mitigation, healing, and my damage output. Turns out GDB is not good under 30k hp, and no way I'm sacrificing my regen and damage just so that I can have a burst heal. It is simply not a good trade.

And you are basically telling a redguard DK that he sucks because he did not stack 35k hp to get good benefit out of GDB.
    That is not how build optimization works. That is not how any of it works.

I am playing my Dk for long enough to know how to build one. I don't want or need your advice. Just stop quoting me already.
    If you think you know it better, good for you. I didn't come here to trash talk you, as you realize I got quoted because some particular guy is still mad at me, and if you do have personal issues we can gladly solve them and see who actually knows it better in-game.

Lastly @Subversus I really am tired of your bs, for the 5th time, If you want me to prove you that GDB won't save your pathetic soul gems, you know where to find me ;) Stop hiding behind forums.

Edited by Ragnarock41 on March 26, 2018 11:23PM
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

oh how I love the forum bias :)

mDk tanks can actually spam GDB unlike stamDk ones which barely can use it 1 or 2 times in a row.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKw1nN51PSs

Here is an old example. MagDKs didnt get any defensive nerfs since then. The only reason magDK tanks started to disappear is that block changes now actually favor non perma blockers over magDks with %80+ block cost reduction.

And I do consider mitigation, healing, and my damage output. Turns out GDB is not good under 30k hp, and no way I'm sacrificing my regen and damage just so that I can have a burst heal. It is simply not a good trade.

And you are basically telling a redguard DK that he sucks because he did not stack 35k hp to get good benefit out of GDB.
    That is not how build optimization works. That is not how any of it works.

I am playing my Dk for long enough to know how to build one. I don't want or need your advice. Just stop quoting me already.
    If you think you know it better, good for you. I didn't come here to trash talk you, as you realize I got quoted because some particular guy is still mad at me, and if you do have personal issues we can gladly solve them and see who actually knows it better in-game.

Lastly @Subversus I really am tired of your bs, for the 5th time, If you want me to prove you that GDB won't save your pathetic soul gems, you know where to find me ;) Stop hiding behind forums.

Oh boy this is gonna be good
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ragnarock41 , when I say that magDK can't do the same thing I'm not talking about killing. I'm talking about one-shotting folks while also tanking a bunch of people in heavy armor. That's a lot more difficult.

I don't think that you're considering that mitigation = sustain. You literally have to sacrifice zero regen and zero damage to obtain glass cannon DPS stats while being able to permablock in this game. I can do it on my warden. I could do it on my stamDK if I still played it. You really don't need mag sustain to use your burst heal and you aren't exactly always using it as a burst heal.

I implore you to make the build, test it, and then see how strong it is relative to other stamDK options. This build honestly isn't limited by class and I've run it to a lot of success despite my limitations on stamwarden.
    Edited by Adenoma on March 27, 2018 8:44PM
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Ragnarock41 , when I say that magDK can't do the same thing I'm not talking about killing. I'm talking about one-shotting folks while also tanking a bunch of people in heavy armor. That's a lot more difficult.

I don't think that you're considering that mitigation = sustain. You literally have to sacrifice zero regen and zero damage to obtain glass cannon DPS stats while being able to permablock in this game. I can do it on my warden. I could do it on my stamDK if I still played it. You really don't need mag sustain to use your burst heal and you aren't exactly always using it as a burst heal.

I implore you to make the build, test it, and then see how strong it is relative to other stamDK options. This build honestly isn't limited by class and I've run it to a lot of success despite my limitations on stamwarden.

When you make a build, obviously you consider 3 things: damage, sustain, survival.

All 3 of these contribute to each other in some way.

More damage gives you also better heals, and hitting hard actually puts people to defence mode. It saves you sustain.

More sustain means you can spam more skills, resulting in just more room for error.

More survival means you can just focus on killing your opponent instead of worrying for survival.

Surely blocking is a good way of mitigating damage, but you lose out stamina regen, and there are so many things that just ignore block.
    Not to mention you're not doing any real damage while blocking, because it will cost you a lot of stamina to do so.

You get the idea I think. My point is that I don't really play tank builds, but that does not mean I don't use block. For my stamDK I run with a heavy armor build that has a very good balance of all the things I listed above. I guess we could call it as ''tanky dps'', since weapon damage ramps up all the way to 5-6k levels in extreme cases.

For OP, at 35k+ hp, GDB is a burst heal, for me with my 25k hp on vivec , and even less on sotha, GDB is just a skill I spam so I get minor vitality, the heal is just too small, especially considering the cost.

So slotting absorb magic or flames of oblivion has much greater benefit to me, considering I actually use SnB as a front bar weapon.

Either way I'm open to new builds anytime, but I'm not looking for one. But If you truly believe this build is a hidden gem, do please find me for a duel, I don't want the build , but I want to experience how good or bad it is in real time, not from a video.

Edited by Ragnarock41 on March 29, 2018 2:11AM