The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I never get Master Writs!

Esmaralda
Esmaralda
✭✭
All of my crafting is maxed out except Enchant. Most have been max for some time. I do dailies regularly. I have never had a Master Writ drop. What gives?
♥♥♥ Ezmaralda, Vampire of Morrowind ♥♥♥
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Motif knowledge
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    research may be missing aswell
    Noobplar
  • cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    In alchemy do you know all the reagents? Do you have max skill points in all the crafting passives, don’t worry about hired help, snakeblood,or make the nodes easier to find ones
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Those things (motif knowledge, trait knowledge, reagent knowledge, rune knowledge, other achievements, etc.) only improve the chances, though, so it still comes down largely to RNG. Also, I'm assuming you've put the points into the passive skill that allows you to make top-tier gear, e.g. 10/10 in Blacksmithing to craft rubedite gear. It's not enough to just have the skill to 50, you have to be able to craft CP 150-160 items.

EDITED for clarification.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on March 26, 2018 5:49PM
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've only started doing daily writs a couple weeks ago. I do them on 3 maxed out crafters and I get a master writ almost every day. I think you may just need to pray to the gods of RNG.

Oh and this..
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    I'm assuming you've put the points into the passive skill that allows you to make top-tier gear, e.g. 10/10 in Blacksmithing to craft rubedite gear. It's not enough to just have the skill to 50, you have to be able to craft 150-160 items.
    This is a must to get master writs.
    Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RNG is a b****. No guaranteed way around that. You could though, as a master crafter, sell your services, make some money, and buy writs.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had better luck recently just purchasing the small voucher writs (5-7 for material crafting, 2-5 for consumables) at 500/voucher or less from guild stores. Between hirelings, daily writ rewards, and deconstruction, I have more than enough green, blue and purple tempers to last me a lifetime, so there's really no out of pocket cost realized for doing the epic writs.

If you do all 6 daily writs on a CP160+ character, regardless of passives, you will net around 4k gold. This more than covers the cost of materials in itself, not to mention all the materials granted as rewards. I've found myself using these small master writs as a way to grind CP's when enlightened as each one gives somewhere around 35-37.5k xp. The writ vouchers are just a side bonus.

I will say, however, after tracking my master crafter's master writ rate, I saw an appreciable drop following Dragon Bones release. This is the only character I do Master Writs on, but after having months of data leading into the update, followed by the time since the update dropped, it would appear the rate has been reduced. I'm not referring to number of vouchers, as I've actually had higher rewarding master writs since the update, but the overall frequency of receiving a master writ has plummeted.

And for the record, I am full 9 traits, every motif except Buoyant Armiger and Militant Ordinator, every purple recipe (only missing Mythic and regular aetherial ambrosia), and every crafting based achievement with the exception of a few of the furnishing (learn 50 diagrams, 25 formulas, etc). And, as if it would matter, all my crafting passives are still maxed out (I never respecced to take the research passive skill points back).

My current average is around 1 master writ, per crafting ability, per week. So about 6 total across all professions per week.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)