The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Pertaining to the Bonus Copy of Morrowind given with Summerset.

Vehlir
Vehlir
✭✭✭✭
I already own ESO: Morrowind.

So if I pre-order and receive the free bonus copy of Morrowind, would I be able to give it to a friend who doesn't currently have it, since I already do?
Solved. Thanks
Edited by Vehlir on April 5, 2018 8:07PM
  • Iruil_ESO
    Iruil_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/26343?ESO:-Summerset-Editions-&-Pre-Purchase-Rewards

"Don't forget, while all pre-purchases receive the Queen's Bounty Pack, only digital pre-purchases receive ESO: Morrowind. Once the Summerset pre-purchase window has closed, you'll need to purchase the Morrowind Chapter separately if you wish to explore the home of the Dark Elves. Note that if you already own ESO: Morrowind, you will not receive an additional copy."
    Edited by Iruil_ESO on March 24, 2018 7:46PM
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I got mine, I was specifically told by Steam that I could not gift it since I already had it.
    Options
  • Vehlir
    Vehlir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iruil_ESO wrote: »
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/26343?ESO:-Summerset-Editions-&-Pre-Purchase-Rewards

"Don't forget, while all pre-purchases receive the Queen's Bounty Pack, only digital pre-purchases receive ESO: Morrowind. Once the Summerset pre-purchase window has closed, you'll need to purchase the Morrowind Chapter separately if you wish to explore the home of the Dark Elves. Note that if you already own ESO: Morrowind, you will not receive an additional copy."

Oh not sure how I missed that! Thanks!
    Options
  • ZOS_Edward
    ZOS_Edward
    Community Rep
    Hey @Vehlir,

Iruil's quote is correct. There is no additional copy/code for players who pre-order Summerset and already have Morrowind.

We've seen this question a lot, so it wasn't just you that missed it so don't worry!
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Vehlir
    Vehlir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Heh good to know!

Thanks for the reply Edward!
    Options
  • knightinflames
    knightinflames
    Soul Shriven
    I wish I could use this pre-purchase bonus as a gift to my wife... It would be nice of Zenimax to let us gift it to other players if we already own it, but i guess that'd be bad for business..
    Options
  • Ultravylence
    Ultravylence
    ✭✭✭
    One has to think of this less as a "Gift" and more of a donation to those who don't normally help financially support ZOS. It does feel highly unlikely a "customer" who did not purchase Morrowind for the better part of the last year would also not be Pre-Ordering ZOS's next expansion; months ahead of its release. In the same light, customers who drop money to pre-order from ZOS would most certainly already own Morrowind.

This "bonus" was lipstick on a pig.
    Edited by Ultravylence on April 16, 2018 7:01PM
    Options
  • knightinflames
    knightinflames
    Soul Shriven
    One thing i find a bit unclear is: If I pre-purchase summerset, i get morrowind, but is this morrowind bonus the full unlock of the chapter forever or will I only be able to access it during the pre-purchase window? What makes this unclear to me is this:

"Once the Summerset pre-purchase window has closed, you'll need to purchase the Morrowind Chapter separately if you wish to explore the home of the Dark Elves."
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing i find a bit unclear is: If I pre-purchase summerset, i get morrowind, but is this morrowind bonus the full unlock of the chapter forever or will I only be able to access it during the pre-purchase window? What makes this unclear to me is this:

"Once the Summerset pre-purchase window has closed, you'll need to purchase the Morrowind Chapter separately if you wish to explore the home of the Dark Elves."

If you get Morrowind with the pre-order, you have access to Morrowind Chapter, period.

However, there's a window of time in which you can pre-order AND get Morrowind. If you wait too long or don't pre-order, you have to purchase Morrowind separately.
    Options
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But some of the Morrowind content will be moving to the base game at some point, too. Although I'm still confused as to what and when.

As I understand it, the Warden class will remain a purchase, but will be separate from the rest. Vaardenfell zone becomes a DLC that ESO+ subscribers get, but from there it all gets hazy. And I could be wrong on those.
    Options
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    But some of the Morrowind content will be moving to the base game at some point, too. Although I'm still confused as to what and when.

As I understand it, the Warden class will remain a purchase, but will be separate from the rest. Vaardenfell zone becomes a DLC that ESO+ subscribers get, but from there it all gets hazy. And I could be wrong on those.
    @ghastley Only BG's will become base game.
    1. If you purchase Morrowind with $$$, you'll have access to Warden and zone. (Same as now)
    2. If you purchase Morrowind with crowns, you'll have access to zone only.
    3. If you purchase Warden with crowns, you'll have access to class only.
    4. Obviously you can combine 2 and 3 and have the crown purchased equivalent of 1.
    Edited by Merlin13KAGL on May 4, 2018 6:11PM
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
    Options