The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Alchemy reagents

Facefister
Facefister
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Ever thought about to increase the amount of reagents you can get from a single plant? Especially Blessed Thistle and Columbine is getting more and more expensive.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's still not up to pre-1T prices, but yes it's getting expensive. As a farmer, I'm enjoying getting paid enough for the effort it takes to gather 25. :)
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They already did by selling reagents in the IC or Cyrodiil (?) Anyway, you can buy them with PvP currency or Telvar now. As you can tell, I don't do PvP or Telvar so not sure what the currency is.

There is also the passive that gives a 10% chance to double your harvest

Finally, doing Alchemy writs is a huge net gain in mats.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Nestor is right.

There are still other ways of getting hold of alchemy mats if you exclude farming nodes and the guild stores.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alchemy writs are definitely worth if for people who need or want to sell reagents. A survey offers 40-50 reagents in one go. They only offer certain types, mostly flowers, also wormwood...no mushrooms. Blessed thistle and columbine both drop in writ surveys.

• Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Facefister wrote: »
    Ever thought about to increase the amount of reagents you can get from a single plant? Especially Blessed Thistle and Columbine is getting more and more expensive.

I already asked the same as I see many new players are even struggling for simple potions. They die because of lack of many potions and ingredients.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/398584/alchemy-needs-a-overhaul-zos-must-read#latest

Because , I joined very late to forum , these idiots think that , I am a new player. See some of the forum comments.

For experienced PVP players, Its not an issue always AP parcels from imperial city is there. If you are new player , PVP would be very difficult unless someone baby sits you.
    Bankrupt yourself by giving hard earned gold to an experienced player in guild stores. Other option is die without potions , that many new players are doing. You are not alone. Zenimax wont listen and some experienced players calling themselves game well wishers will come here and bully you and make fun of you give solutions that dont work and not even applicable to new players.
    Zenimax wont give a *** because of crown potion sales.
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on March 25, 2018 3:58AM
  • Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    They already did by selling reagents in the IC or Cyrodiil (?) Anyway, you can buy them with PvP currency or Telvar now. As you can tell, I don't do PvP or Telvar so not sure what the currency is.

Farming IC Sewers can't be done without the DLC, and it isn't guaranteed that you will be able to farm there properly like in the overworld.

The 10% passive is nothing but a "token" passive. On a single reagent per plant that passive is a joke.

Alchemy writ an huge net gain in mats? Yeah, when you do it with 11 characters.
    Edited by Facefister on March 25, 2018 10:07AM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Farming IC Sewers can't be done without the DLC, and it isn't guaranteed that you will be able to farm there properly like in the overworld.

The 10% passive is nothing but a "token" passive. On a single reagent per plant that passive is a joke.

In other words, you’d rather not make use of all the other options that are available in the game to gain alchemy reagents.

Sounds like a pretty lazy way to support yourself in PvP. Even my end game PvP friends do Imperial City runs for the alchemy bags.

Don’t have the DLC? The other ways to gain ingredients have already been laid out in the thread.
  • strangeradnd
    strangeradnd
    ✭✭✭✭

The passive is small but it applies to surveys as well.

It also helps to have your cp arranged to permit faster harvesting.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thing is, we all went through this as a new player, and back when I started, early access on PC, there were no guild traders, and no one really had mats. We all farmed them. There was no CP passive back then either, and no surveys, as there were no crafting writs.

We've all gone through the pain of being poor when just starting out. Of not having much in the way of mats. You take the time to farm them, if nothing else. And, One Tamriel has helped with that, as you're not stuck in the low-level zones where the majority of players were at launch, competing for the same nodes. Now, you can take your character just about anywhere and can find places where other players aren't farming.

Plus, I pretty much picked up every node that I came across while playing the content. And now, you have writs that help you - you get back more alchemy plants that you put in for the writ and you get a chance at surveys. As others have mentioned, there are ways to get them if you PVP, too.

I just don't see the issue. I feel your pain, as I was there once, as well, and so was everyone else. It's much easier now to get what you need than when many of us started. And now, level-up rewards. When most of us started, we weren't handed things just for leveling up. We weren't given gear, potions, food, gold, etc. And, we weren't given any set gear just for completing quests. It was all just plain green, with the occasional blue, gear. Sets didn't drop as they do now - they only dropped at certain level ranges. ZOs has already done a LOT to makes things so much easier for new players now.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I can't tell you how many players I've watched run past alchemy plants. If you bother to look, the plants are generally easy to spot; you don't really need the "keen eye" passive, although it helps. They ride or run past the columbine,/mountain flower/corn flower/water hyacinth to grab the ore node, then head off to the next one. If they are closer to the plants, I'll wait to see if they're going to pick whatever it is; when they don't I do. I don't even mind if I find someone has taken the flower and left the crawlers or worms. I guess they don't realize what people are willing to pay for fishing bait.

I offer to do crafting for guildmates, usually for free. I haven't had one person in *months* ask for alchemy potions or food/drinks. I wouldn't make multiple hundreds for free since I don't have unlimited mats, I'd make a nice number that could carry them until they could farm more and either make the stuff themselves, or give it to me so I could make it for them. Like most of the maxed crafters I have the 4 for 1 passive, so it isn't actually a waste of their time farming.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For experienced PVP players, Its not an issue always AP parcels from imperial city is there. If you are new player , PVP would be very difficult unless someone baby sits you.
    Bankrupt yourself by giving hard earned gold to an experienced player in guild stores. Other option is die without potions , that many new players are doing. You are not alone. Zenimax wont listen and some experienced players calling themselves game well wishers will come here and bully you and make fun of you give solutions that dont work and not even applicable to new players.
    Zenimax wont give a *** because of crown potion sales.

Really?

Outside of using trash pots when I first came to ESO from Skyrim years ago, I have never used/crafted potions on any of my characters, and I never had survivability issues. Are potions helpful, or almost obligatory in end game content such as vMSA or vet trials? Probably. But this specifically references "new players." Today's new players are battle scaled to have higher resources than max CP-ers. A lot of us are from pre-1T when we started with nothing and surviving really was a challenge.

By the time any player gets to the point where potions actually provide a tangible benefit, then that player should have had adequate time to collect plenty of alchemy reagents. Unless, of course, they are the persons @Jayne_Doe is following around who choose to ignore all the alchemy nodes.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)