The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Name your hardest world boss you have ever fought

• NoMoreChillies
    NoMoreChillies
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rivenspire gargoyle was tough but doable
    Bittergreen was just long not tough
    Someone always joins Wrothgar bosses :(

got vids if ya wanna see it done
    Insulting people on the internet is cowardly.
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None..
    Pc na
  • Captain8504
    Captain8504
    ✭✭✭
    No spiders were harmed in the making of eso.....
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rivenspire gargoyle was tough but doable
    Bittergreen was just long not tough
    Someone always joins Wrothgar bosses :(

got vids if ya wanna see it done

Wrothgar you just need to wait till like 2-5 am pst timeframe to be able to do solo. Same with literally almost every single world boss... save for arena. Have yet to find a single instance where I was the only one there.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lag
  • Judas Helviaryn
    Judas Helviaryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Solo? UD without a doubt.

Super fun though, once you figure out the scamps.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There's a mag DK type boss in western Stonefalls that's pretty nasty. Not really a problem if you are an outright tank, but the challenge is to do him with a DD build, and stay in his little arena with the adds, and not take forever. You need a build with good sustain and some tankiness / self-healing.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • BuyMe500Pugs_Please
    The one i struggled with the most was the lightening boss in hews bane i think thrall cove or something like that, had to switch to a magicka character for that but other ones that were hard are the unfinished dolmen and tribune folly minotaur boss (the shades are annoying)
  • Pink_Violinz
    Pink_Violinz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armatesz wrote: »
    i think the dragon in wrothgar is quite annoying due to all the aoe and mobs...you need quite a few people to handle it without headaches

That is unfinished dolmen and that is not a dragon... that is a Grievous Twilight, a titanous sort of flying daedra.

Not a twilight either. It's a titan, which was created from the remains of a dragon by Molag Bal.
  • Vanya
    Vanya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any World boss with Magical Ranged capabilities. Especially Duo&Trio Bosses. An example of Trio Daedroth Reptilian Daedra within ColdharbourI recall three mages,but not the region. I was shattered immediately.

As for Lag. Against the power of Lag there can be no victory.
    Edited by Vanya on March 25, 2018 4:15AM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely Unfinished Dolmen.

I had trouble with the Rivenspire gargoyle at a low CP level. Haven't tried it since hitting max level though (I think he'd be doable).

The guar in Deshaan is also tough if I remember correctly (but again, I haven't attempted facing him in a while).
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on March 25, 2018 4:12AM
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember making a point of trying to solo all the world bosses back when overland pve was actually hard. The one that always gave me the most issues was the bone pirate guy in shadowfen, too many guys to fight at once.
    But that was years ago and back like pre-1.6
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • DocDova
    DocDova
    ✭✭✭
    Thread got me thinking about my Shallow Knowledge about Overland World bosses, SO I dedicated today's for hunting some of them. I hunted down 18 world bosses today and to my great surprise I can solo way many of them (then I hoped) in original game (Not DLC/Chapter), 60-70% of them either I soloed or Would have soloed But help arrived (I am counting only those where I dealt at-least 60% health damage before someone arrived).

Hunted down Every world boss in Eastmarch, I had help since almost beginning for werewolf boss, He was hard I couldn't have done it alone. Only one today who was way above my head was Bittergreen in Deshaan. I fell only to him that I remember. No one was there So I walked of. 18 Bosses down, I fell only once and used like 20 Health potions among all of them. Today was a satisfying day for me in ESO.
  • Ilithyania
    Ilithyania
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doshia un-nerfed
    PC
  • Ashagin
    Ashagin
    ✭✭
    For me ther are the world bosses you can solo, the ones you shouldn't and the ones you really cant solo. Caravan Crest being an example of one of the hardest you can do solo pre dlc
  • SocialAssassin
    SocialAssassin
    ✭✭✭
    Gorgoneus wrote: »
    Stupid bear in Glenumbra just because nobody trying to kill him, and I cant do it solo - thanks "one tamriel", I finished WB and dolmens solo before, but now I must gather a full raid to kill some stupid bear and get few potions and green t-shirt from it.

And it said " I killed the Stupid bear in Glenumbra and all I got was this lousy t-shirt" in the color green :D
    “I’m The Best There Is At What I Do. But What I Do Isn't Very Nice…” - Wolverine/Logan/James Howlett
  • Vasoka
    Vasoka
    ✭✭✭✭
    My wife when she told me to get off the computer and walk the dog in the middle of vMA run.
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3 werewolves in Glenumbra and middle bottom Elsewere, big cat and mage or something in small cave with ton of crates, boxes and stuff.
  • fossoyer
    fossoyer
    ✭✭✭
    Gargoyle WB at Rivenspire
  • BalmoraRatgirl
    BalmoraRatgirl
    ✭✭✭
    Aurig Mireh (the golden saint at Shivering Shrine) and the Craglorn magic anomalies, if they count.
  • SocialAssassin
    SocialAssassin
    ✭✭✭
    Vasoka wrote: »
    My wife when she told me to get off the computer and walk the dog in the middle of vMA run.

PYCEfvW.jpg
    “I’m The Best There Is At What I Do. But What I Do Isn't Very Nice…” - Wolverine/Logan/James Howlett
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thread necromancer, just doesn't seem to know when it'd dead.
  • CaptainVenom
    CaptainVenom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For a solo fight, that Guar wearing a backpack in east Deshaan. That thing is stronger than a Daedric Prince, jeez...

Otherwise, Vet Fang Lair final boss, I think. I'm not a hardcore type, so it took me and my team a lot of effort to bring it down.
    🌈 Ride with Pride 🌈Magicka/Damage Necromancer - PC - NA - DC
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ones I had problems soloing is
    The Spider boss in Wayrest on your way to the Rivenspire gate gave me a hard time
    Unfinished Dolmen
    B'Korgen not a particularly hard fight but he takes while to kill since he get a shield every so often the adds he spawns aren't to bad and as long as you keep an eye of your resources its an ok fight.
    Training Ground boss South Elsweyr very low margin for error when fighting him.
    Pretty much any WB that had teammates that were also boss level were tough there was one in the Rift that gave me problems
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Guar in Deeshan. His AoE, his Adds and his Gap Closing One Shot make a formidable foe.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The one in Stonefalls
    Shivering Shrine
    She is not difficult but for some reason you can not break free from her stun!
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This isn't realy about the bosses themselves, but about the weakness of your character.

If you built a tanky character that can stand up to anything and grind them down, then you'll hate Troll bosses with all their regeneration. If you made a character with awesome single-target burst damage, then you'll hate the multiple bosses, or the ones that summon lots of adds. Glass cannons hate the bosses with burst damage.

I hate all of them, but on different characters, they're not so bad.
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tequila Hangover! That *** always wins...
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Duriatundur in Coldharbour. I can't ever see the incoming knockbacks due to the light/coloration and he likes to do a bunch in a row.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This topic is quite old, but since those bosses are still in game, and a few have been added since it was started, it's not a "necro" so I will continue it.

From the base game the only challenging ones are:
    - Rivenspire: Valeguard Tower - the boss itself is less of a problem than his adds, especially the 2H one hits really hard. If you dodge the boss punch attack you won't get the strong DoT he puts on you. I think I did him solo once on a Mag DK specced for AoE, possibly others as well though I don't remember very well.
    - Grahtwood: Nindaeril's Perch - especially hard on magicka characters since you may not always have stamina to break free from fear, before the other jumps you. The best tactic is to LoS the bosses to the top of the hill on top of their barrow - they can't jump straight up and have to come around.
    - Stonefalls: Shivering Shrine - boss hits hard with the whip, clannfear adds CC, but can be burned down slowly while taking care of the adds.

From the DLCs:
    - Wrothgar: Unfinished Dolmen - can be done solo but it's quite class dependent, probably a pet sorcerer has the highest chances since he can keep DoTs (LF, UWO) and pets on boss while running around and destroying the portals to keep the number of scamps down; much harder w/o pets or on stamina builds.
    - Vvardenfell: Sulipund Grange - can be done solo on any class, provided you have HoT active all the time, easiest is DK by far because you can cast Deep Breath right before getting CCd to interrupt the boss.
    - Summerset: Gryphon Run - especially hard at the end when both gryphons come down, very little space to dodge the AoE especially if both focus you, so it's easier on pet builds since the pet can keep one of them occupied.
    - Southern Elsweyr: Ri'Atahrashi's Training Ground - probably impossible to solo, since you need to have someone move the boss far from the adds, because if those take damage they begin reflecting and do very high damage to everyone around. Can be done by a duo tank+DD, tank CCs and taunts the adds but does as little damage as possible, DD kites and kills the boss.

I had absolutely no problem doing Deshaan: Caravan Crest, in fact I did it solo on almost every character, including 3 EP characters that had no passives specced - they start their journey that way since they have almost all skill points in crafting right after they level them. The tactic is simply to bring the boss on top of the spriggans and AoE them slowly.

An odd one is Greenshade: Thodundor's View - the boss does a ground pound mechanic that looks as if it has a conal AoE but in fact it's circular, and even hits behind the boss, so I got killed unexpectedly there a few times.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |