The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Name your hardest world boss you have ever fought

Armatesz
Armatesz
✭✭✭✭✭
For me I think the hardest would be the only one I have done solo once... unfinished dolmen. Try it solo and it is an odd one at best.
Ärmätèsz
Xbox NA
Guildless (by choice)
  • MajesticHaruki
    MajesticHaruki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The two tigers south west Grahtwood with a magicka dd.
    Edited by MajesticHaruki on March 24, 2018 9:56AM
    PC/EU @MajThorax Sorcerer and Housing Decorator prodigy
    In my spare time I collect materials and run away from mudcrabs
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The two tigers south west Grahtwood with a magicka dd.

Use that cliff to try to separate the two. Makes it far easier to deal with them. I did that one solo when they told me about how hard it was and I was trying to remember what one it was. Only reason why I hated that was because some trolls would randomly go to a world boss and agro the boss away from the spot and try to reset them... well if you reset one you can brick the fight potentially and cause you to get nothing, no achievement either. You literally have to leave and come back to fix it after a while.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • Alaztor91
    Alaztor91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Gargoyle WB at Rivenspire.
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Menhir Stoneskin at Valeguard Tower.

EDuRKpV.jpg
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

EDuRKpV.jpg

I've only done him solo 3 times... he is interesting to solo. Wish I could readily remember what you are supposed to do to be able to solo him.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • Kova
    Kova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solo Mad Ogre when wrothgar first came out. He healed, spawned adds, snared and cc'd, and burst damaged super hard.

It took me 15 minutes to kill him, dropping to critical health several times.
    EP Sorc: Aydinn
    AD Stamplar: Verdant`Knight
    DC Stamblade: Apple`Punch
    EP Stam Sorc: Kós
    AD DragonKnight: Transmigrant
    EP NIghtblade: Aydinn
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kova wrote: »
    Solo Mad Ogre when wrothgar first came out. He healed, spawned adds, snared and cc'd, and burst damaged super hard.

It took me 15 minutes to kill him, dropping to critical health several times.

Nowadays depending on build you can solo him. if you see a line on him follow it to stun his ads that heal him. They can be shield bashed. Even using clench from afar works on them as long as they can be stunned.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Inb4 lag.

Lag.
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

EDuRKpV.jpg

This *** too
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • Gorgoneus
    Gorgoneus
    ✭✭✭
    Stupid bear in Glenumbra just because nobody trying to kill him, and I cant do it solo - thanks "one tamriel", I finished WB and dolmens solo before, but now I must gather a full raid to kill some stupid bear and get few potions and green t-shirt from it.
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is usually hard to find the right times to do certain world bosses solo. Sometimes certain times of the night is the best to find a world boss not being hounded by others lurking to see if someone brave enough or enough skill to fight the boss happens along so they can piggy back and tag along in the fight. Problem about doing it solo is that you might encounter people that are trolls that try to break a world boss. I mean intentional trolls as you can see they are using a taunt, so you would have to quickly slot a taunt to pull agro back from them before they pull the boss out of bounds.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • Surak73
    Surak73
    ✭✭✭✭
    Armatesz wrote: »
    For me I think the hardest would be the only one I have done solo once... unfinished dolmen. Try it solo and it is an odd one at best.

On a mag toon is not that hard, since lightning and resto staves can close portals instantly. So, it's just a matter of keeping the titan under aoe and ultimates and running around closing portals.
  • DoonerSeraph
    DoonerSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bittergreen, Slayer of PUGs!
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gorgoneus wrote: »
    Stupid bear in Glenumbra just because nobody trying to kill him, and I cant do it solo - thanks "one tamriel", I finished WB and dolmens solo before, but now I must gather a full raid to kill some stupid bear and get few potions and green t-shirt from it.

Bear I suggest spinning around in circles around that one, helps you to avoid his frontal cone he does for a frontal slam attack if you are mentally droning in a fight by yourself. Keep yourself having a barrier now and then and keep yourself lively. There is a lot of tactics when handling him. Pick your choice.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think the dragon in wrothgar is quite annoying due to all the aoe and mobs...you need quite a few people to handle it without headaches
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think the dragon in wrothgar is quite annoying due to all the aoe and mobs...you need quite a few people to handle it without headaches

That is unfinished dolmen and that is not a dragon... that is a Grievous Twilight, a titanous sort of flying daedra.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • Cillion3117
    Cillion3117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By far the unfinished dolman in wrothgar.
  • hmsdragonfly
    hmsdragonfly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    those venomous flowers in stage 7 VMA
    Aldmeri Dominion Loyalist. For the Queen!
  • Bonzodog01
    Bonzodog01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since One Tamriel, I haven't ever soloed a WB. There again, I cannot for the life of me top 16K DPS even on my Magplar. Rotations are something I just cannot do, I end up just button bashing at random after I completely forget it.
    Xbox One - EU - EP/DC
    Trying and failing to hold the walls of his Templar house up since 2015
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That is unfinished dolmen and that is not a dragon... that is a Grievous Twilight, a titanous sort of flying daedra.

you say potato i say fries
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zandadunoz is very hard to kill but i find harder Menhir Stoneskin
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

EDuRKpV.jpg

Who's a cute little monster, you are, yes you are! /tickle /tickle *dead*
  • Captain8504
    Captain8504
    ✭✭✭

Not being that guy.....but vMA isn't a world boss lol
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Talking about world bosses, not delve or public or dungeons or trials or arenas.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pretty sure they were created as a mockery of dragons. Still they do have power but supposedly not as much as an actual dragon.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You all are giving me ideas of world bosses to redo again solo (if no one is there that is)
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of the Alliance zones, I'd say Caravan Quest (Bittergreen the guar) in Deeshan and Shivering Shrine (Golden Saint who summons daedra) in Stonefalls are pretty tough to solo. And, yes, honorable mention to the pair of tigers in Grahtwood.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bittergreen, Slayer of PUGs!
    ^ this! Damn guar drove me crazy, when I've tried to kill it solo!
    EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of the Alliance zones, I'd say Caravan Quest (Bittergreen the guar) in Deeshan and Shivering Shrine (Golden Saint who summons daedra) in Stonefalls are pretty tough to solo. And, yes, honorable mention to the pair of tigers in Grahtwood.

Ahh the caravan one... now I know which one you all are talking about. Yeah that one can sometimes be easier by yourself. But that golden saint is one of the hardest non dlc world bosses I can think of. Her constant knocking you down and all those summons she does... and fire... can get overbearing even on the toughened individuals. I know I've only done her solo twice. Was never easy either time.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • DoonerSeraph
    DoonerSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭

Pretty sure they were created as a mockery of dragons. Still they do have power but supposedly not as much as an actual dragon.

There is a lorebook in ESO that claims Daedric Titans are born from Molag Bal corrupting a Dragon, while torturing it to give away the source or their powers or something like that.