The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What do you do to entertain yourself while running random normal dungeons?

Giraffon
Giraffon
✭✭✭✭✭
I often do random normal dungeons over vet because it's faster. Well, once you get to a certain level or skill, you really are just kind of on autopilot in these things. I like to try to go through the dungeon with some style, so I try to entertain myself with stylized leaps off jump points, forward jump heavy attack kill shots on bosses with a dodge-roll on landing and possibly an emote right after. I'm always trying to find the chest that everyone else misses to. Anyone else do weird crap like this?
Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why dont you run vet dungeons and not be bored?
    Normal dungeons are for ppl who are learning the game, not for CP720+ players like yourself.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I amuse myself by watching the PUGs in my group.

If we've got a good group and everything goes smoothly, I don't have time to get bored.

But if I'm tanking and the DPS is low, I enjoy watching the others in group while I'm doing my rotation. Its pretty easy to tell who doesn't know the boss mechanics, who doesn't have any AOE skills equipped, and who's perpetually taking forever to kill their add. As long as the group isn't so bad that I'm having to carry them on my tank, its a fun way to just people-watch. If the group is that bad and I have to carry them on my tank, well, at least it wasn't a boring run!
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Normal dungeons are for ppl who are learning the game, not for CP720+ players like yourself.

It's faster like I already said. I don't especially need drops or monster sets from vet dungeons. Vet PUG runs often take some time. It cuts into time I could be doing something more profitable. However, 100K easy XP is worth a few minutes of my time.

Most of the time the group consists of all CP +200 players and you plow through the dungeon in less than 10 minutes. If I get in a group of under level 50 players...most of the time you still plow through the dungeon in 10 minutes because they are all sitting on a bunch of CP and they know what they are doing.

So you gotta' entertain yourself with style! One time I ran a dungeon, I went completely spaz with momentos. I had my entire quicklaunch loaded with them. One time I kept changing costumes. You know...just to be strange.
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • Shawn_PT
    Shawn_PT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like imposing silly rules when I grab some guildies for a random. Last one has been 4-healer random normal. At first they laugh and shudder at how long it will take, then realize it was really fun and actually quite fast.
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With a good group we are in and out nice and fast. Bad group depends on which role I'm going to have to do along with healing. Dps isn't that bad but when I turn into the defacto tank then it's time to go.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I entertain myself by desperately trying to see things in the dungeon since it's been nothing but zerg on through as fast as possible since the very first time I ever went into these things, and actually seeing stuff is a novelty.

I wish I was just being sarcastic.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minyassa wrote: »
    I entertain myself by desperately trying to see things in the dungeon since it's been nothing but zerg on through as fast as possible since the very first time I ever went into these things, and actually seeing stuff is a novelty.

I wish I was just being sarcastic.

... just solo them and take your time. I was easily soloing normals at CP300, back when I only did 12-13k DPS.

When I run random normals for the XP bonus, one thing I do to entertain myself is count the number of times I hear the unmistakable "thwock" of Snipe firing off from one (or more!) of my team mates. :) Assuming, of course, that they're actually keeping up with me and haven't stopped to wail on a solitary Strangler for a full minute....
  • boggo
    boggo
    ✭✭✭
    Heavy duty alcohol consumption.
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I carry them. I usually play a healer in normal dungeons though i queue for dps and heals. I toss a heal every now and then and then dps most of the rest of time unless im lazy. I like running the "classic" dungeons because they are short and i dont want a raid length dungeon with raid mechanics a lot of times. I want in and out instances. Though i dont want to speed run and skip half the dungeon either.

I get grouped a lot of with newbies. I enjoy it. My problem groups are those CPXXX DPS. They are a right pain in the ass in dungeons. They think they are good...and arent. And i spend an excessive amount of time healing them.

I had one in my group a few nights ago that was quite memorable. She kept running ahead of the level 20 tank pulling mobs. She couldnt take a hit and the mobs would take her down 10-20% at a time. I got tired of healing her and just let her die, several times. If a heal would catch her so be it. If it didnt, oh well.

At the end of the dungeon, she proceeded to tell me how bad of a healer i was. I told her i let her die on purpose to teach her how to dungeon run. We went back and forth for 10-15 minutes even after i left the group she continued to message me. She even linked me a bunch of random gear and said " I bet you havent even done trials yet"( my healer is below 50 so you cant see her CP). I was like i know you havent done trials because you dont know your role, play as team, and your dps is terrible( she was doing about 5-6k on a bow toon). She asked how long i been playing and i told her i started yesterday. She got so furious she ignored me. It was funny as hell.

I can run dungeons all day with level 15 -20 players and they are easy to keep alive though their dps is a bit low. Its always that high CP that is a headache( unless they are the tank) and i have to babysit.
  • Dedricus
    Dedricus
    ✭✭✭
    Swap my build to damage tank.

(I mostly pug so organization/coordination is out the window.)
    Edited by Dedricus on March 26, 2018 7:11PM
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To entertain myself I play only using one hand on my controller.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • Hrogun
    Hrogun
    ✭✭✭
    What do you do to entertain yourself while running random normal dungeons?

I run random normal dungeons. I mean, if the thing is not entertaining for you, why do you even do it in the first place, this is just a game... I'll never run a normal dungeon unless I have to help a friend or carry a group of people I like, which is entertaining/rewarding enough in itself.
    Edited by Hrogun on March 26, 2018 7:22PM
    PC EU
    Healer
  • marcosdd
    marcosdd
    Soul Shriven
    Well, as a noobie (CP 50 here), I just wanted sometimes to do the dungeon quests in a good pace to enjoy the lore and the environment, but that's almost impossible because on PUG everyone wants to speed run the damn thing and If I try to slow down most of the time I'll get kicked.

I'm a tank, I think I do a decent job on my role since I watch build and rotation videos and know, in theory, how to do stuff. Obviously I still get lost on some mechanics and things happening, but well, I'm there for the fun, I don't intend to be a super pro player.
  • Kumbiya
    Kumbiya
    ✭✭✭

If they increased the experience that you get for doing a random vet versus a random normal that is commiserate with the increased time spent, then I would consider it.. but as is, if you're just doing them for the experience, there's absolutely no reason to do random vets (especially if you want to do them on several alts and also have trials scheduled)
    CP 700+
    Rohuku - Redguard StamDK/Tank & Master Crafter
    Mogubishu - Altmer Warden Healer/Mag DPS
    Ruyanril - Dunmer Magblade
    Treads-Muddy-Waters - Argonian DK Tank

vAA HM/vHRC HM/vSO HM/vMoL/vHoF/vAS/vDSA/vMA