The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Suggestion- Improved Guild Trader Hiring

Lafemmina
Lafemmina
✭✭
I believe the Guild Traders are a little lacking and could use a couple modifications. For example the search could be a little more advanced or have more detailed categories.
My main problem with them however is the price to hire. For obvious reasons the more populated areas have more sought after Traders which causes the price to spike through the roof and makes all guilds require dues. Obviously not a problem to most people but for a new player paying a couple thousand a week could become difficult.
My solution is to change the hiring currency to well really anything else, but instead have it collected by having a hand in defeating an enemy or even being on for a certain amount of time and only collected while in a Guild. This currency would go directly to any Guild the player is in and obviously wouldn’t be removed if the player left. This could remove the need for dues as well as Guild taxes and make all guilds more lower level friendly. :)
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The current system works fine, however I do agree the UI needs a large overhaul.

Lower level guilds who are trying to start out shouldn't be looking for traders within big areas and the outline traders are not that expensive.

The main thing new guilds need to do is make sure they're selling things which people want at a price lower than those in the main hubs. Give people a reason to buy from your store and make sure your guild members are buying from each other.

Over time you can build up towards bigger locations.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not all guilds require dues, @Lafemmina ... even guilds in the high traffic areas. Avoid guilds that require dues and you’ll be fine.
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lafemmina wrote: »
    My solution is to change the hiring currency to well really anything else, but instead have it collected by having a hand in defeating an enemy or even being on for a certain amount of time and only collected while in a Guild. This currency would go directly to any Guild the player is in and obviously wouldn’t be removed if the player left. This could remove the need for dues as well as Guild taxes and make all guilds more lower level friendly. :)

A currency other than... the in game currency? I'm confused and truly trying to understand (no snark). A trade guild's primary focus is to make gold - it makes sense that when they excel at generating revenue, they should be able to use it to secure better spots.

I think what you're recommending is some sort of token system where, by fighting, guildies rack up tokens that go towards the guild's ability to purchase kiosks? If so, I'm not really a fan of this option. Trade guilds shouldn't be required to excel at both trading and combat. We all have the ability to join 5 guilds, so you've got the option to join a couple trade guilds to sell your stuff and some PvP/PvE guilds where the focus is combat.

Of note, you can fight for a kiosk in Cyrodiil by claiming keeps for your guild.

And, I agree with @Taleof2Cities - plenty of guilds, including top trade guilds, don't charge dues. Find and stick with those.
  • Lafemmina
    Lafemmina
    ✭✭
    I’m aware I’ve been playing for quite awhile lol I just remember how difficult it was to earn money as a lower level, and how difficult it is to find a decent guild.
    On my console all the even somewhat popular areas are taken up by branches of the same guilds which all require high dues so if there is any that don’t require dues they’re either full or pushed aside.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lafemmina wrote: »
    I’m aware I’ve been playing for quite awhile lol I just remember how difficult it was to earn money as a lower level, and how difficult it is to find a decent guild.
    On my console all the even somewhat popular areas are taken up by branches of the same guilds which all require high dues so if there is any that don’t require dues they’re either full or pushed aside.

Now I think you’re not looking for the right guild that suits your needs, @Lafemmina.

A decent trading guild can also be a casual trading guild that’s not in a high traffic area.

Most players that are in the high traffic traders are genuinely interested in trading ... and like to focus on the economy aspect of the game. If you don’t have the time for that kind of gameplay, then there are other really good casual trading guilds “off the beaten path”.

Regardless, you’re making a good effort to ignore my point: There are trading guilds out there that don’t require dues. It’s up to you to do some footwork on finding the best one that suits your needs.