Maintenance for the week of February 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – February 18
• Xbox One: EU megaserver for maintenance – February 20, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)
The Wrathstone DLC Game Pack and Update 21 base game patch are now available to test on the PTS! Read the full patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/454456/

New DLC Bonuses for ESO PLUS members?

kain0001
kain0001
Hi all - am always a eso plus member - makes seance for me but i see that the Pre-Orders come with some cool stuff. So what do the Plus members get? Do we get access to the pre-order stuff? Does not seem fair for those of us that have been paying monthly for years. By the way - ESO is my favorite MMO ever and i think its getting stronger and i dont want it to seem like im knocking the game - i just want the treats haha. I assume i will get this automatically for being an ESO Plus member but if im wrong please let me know.
  • kain0001
    kain0001
    Not the most helpful - details would be great
  • CMFan1966
    CMFan1966
    ✭✭✭✭
    When it comes to new chapters, there are no freebies for ESO plus members. I also am an ESO plus member at all times, but we have to pay for the new chapter and all the bonuses just like non-ESO plus members. However, if you pre-order the Summerset chapter (not sure if it's just the collector's edition or not), you will get a Nightmare Senche right now and all the other goodies when the new chapter is released.

    I hope this helps answer your question.
  • kain0001
    kain0001
    Thanks - that helps
  • iFord
    iFord
    ✭✭✭
    You can't assume you just receive everything by subbing...In FFXIV nobody complains when they have to buy the new expansion AND a monthly membership, get over yourself.
    Everyone has a plan, until their plan gets nerfed

    Apparently the only Stamplar left on PS4 EU
  • SirDopey
    SirDopey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm guessing every year we can expect these threads hu? Anyway we do get alot as a eso plus subscriber you've probably just become desensitized to them by now. Although I wouldnt mind if they bring back loyalty rewards but these threads need to stop they arent constitutive.

    I completely disagree. I believe these threads are constitutive.

    Now I know there's a lot of disgruntled and pov players on these forums that don't sub, but I HIGHLY doubt that zenni is making the lion share of their income from chapter sales and not eso plus subscriptions.

    Over time the value of ESO Plus has been diminishing from the loyalty rewards gone and replaced with "crowns" to quarterly DLC's being missed for "Chapters". And lets face it, because this chapter is landing so early in the year we can count on another coming this year.

    Last year we got the Crafting bag to quiet down the dissent, but it's a continual lose of value that Plus subs are seeing and I believe its perfectly fair to demand more as time goes on. It's thread's like this that will call Zeni's attention back to the disapproval many are feeling, $192.00 AUD a year is worth asking, no demanding, more than what we're receiving.
    NA PC | AD
    xx Doc Holliday xx
  • joaaocaampos
    joaaocaampos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iFord wrote: »
    You can't assume you just receive everything by subbing...In FFXIV nobody complains when they have to buy the new expansion AND a monthly membership, get over yourself.

    And World of Warcraft. They have to buy the new Expansion and a monthly Membership.
  • Nihility42
    Nihility42
    ✭✭✭✭
    kain0001 wrote: »
    Not the most helpful - details would be great

    You will get what you pay for. So far it sounds like you pay for ESO+ so you get DLCs as they release, craft bag, etc. If you pay for the pre-order, you will get what that includes. They are separate things without any overlap.
  • Okiir
    Okiir
    ✭✭✭
    kain0001 wrote: »
    Hi all - am always a eso plus member - makes seance for me but i see that the Pre-Orders come with some cool stuff. So what do the Plus members get? Do we get access to the pre-order stuff? Does not seem fair for those of us that have been paying monthly for years. By the way - ESO is my favorite MMO ever and i think its getting stronger and i dont want it to seem like im knocking the game - i just want the treats haha. I assume i will get this automatically for being an ESO Plus member but if im wrong please let me know.

    I've been subscribed to ESO+ for every second I've played this game, but I unsubbed today, as Zenimax seems to be treating this game more and more lika a free-to-play mobile title. Honesly it wouldn't surprise me if the majority of their income came from Loot Boxes by this point. Giving them little incentive to provide "free" content to ESO+ subscribers.

    On top of that it seems like releasing a single DLC zone and calling it a "Chapter" has now become the norm.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plus members don't get any of the preorder bonuses. Usually we get new systems added to ESO Plus to make up for the lost value of the missing quarterly DLC that ESO Plus is advertised as giving. So expect some new bonus. My hope for this year is no gold cost for outfitting!
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Malmai
    Malmai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are just throwing paid DLCs left and right but with every DLC performance is getting down... I had 60fps in crowded place than after morrowind i had 45-50 same place... Throwing content without optimisation is very poor i mean looks like big cash grab again...
    Edited by Malmai on March 23, 2018 12:05AM
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Just to be clear, we never promised that the performance in Cyrodiil would be fixed with today's patch. What we did say was that we were continually working to improve performance by adding little things in at a time, which includes some items in today's patch. There's no magic bullet to fix all performance-related issues, though.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirDopey wrote: »
    Last year we got the Crafting bag to quiet down the dissent

    Crafting bag was Q2 2016.

    SirDopey wrote: »
    And lets face it, because this chapter is landing so early in the year we can count on another coming this year.

    Here's some helpful advice: find the facts before forming the argument.

    SirDopey wrote: »
    It's thread's like this that will call Zeni's attention back to the disapproval many are feeling

    There's a separate, official thread for Plus ideas.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/318400/ideas-for-eso-plus/p1

    kain0001 wrote: »
    Does not seem fair for those of us that have been paying monthly for years.

    Aside from access to two more DLC in 2018, there may be an additional perk introduced. But ESO+ is about enjoying the service as advertised. If you're not feeling the value anymore, you're not obligated to continuously pay for it.

    I can't definitively say that the Chapter retail arrangement guarantees that all the designers are getting fairly compensated for their work on a large project like this. But I like to think it helps. So I'm willing to pay extra.
  • Zagnut123Zagnut123
    Zagnut123Zagnut123
    ✭✭✭✭
    SirDopey wrote: »
    I'm guessing every year we can expect these threads hu? Anyway we do get alot as a eso plus subscriber you've probably just become desensitized to them by now. Although I wouldnt mind if they bring back loyalty rewards but these threads need to stop they arent constitutive.

    I completely disagree. I believe these threads are constitutive.

    Now I know there's a lot of disgruntled and pov players on these forums that don't sub, but I HIGHLY doubt that zenni is making the lion share of their income from chapter sales and not eso plus subscriptions.

    Over time the value of ESO Plus has been diminishing from the loyalty rewards gone and replaced with "crowns" to quarterly DLC's being missed for "Chapters". And lets face it, because this chapter is landing so early in the year we can count on another coming this year.

    Last year we got the Crafting bag to quiet down the dissent, but it's a continual lose of value that Plus subs are seeing and I believe its perfectly fair to demand more as time goes on. It's thread's like this that will call Zeni's attention back to the disapproval many are feeling, $192.00 AUD a year is worth asking, no demanding, more than what we're receiving.

    The more threads there are the more spread out and disorganized it's perceived. I feel they could give eso plus membership subscribers more for there money but the I didn't know I wouldn't get access to expansions is a bit played out at this point. But I do think that people are very desensitized to the perks we get for subbing we get something and soon after everyone wants more.
  • SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been ESO+ since it was introduced and this month I let mine go. Bethesda sent me an email a week later inviting me to resubscribe and get 1 month free, so yeah, they do want their subscribers to stick around. I will say however, the bank space and crafting bag are no longer worth it to me to continue paying a monthly subscription at this point and DLC dungeons that I refuse to engage in actually encourage me not to subscribe so I don't get thrown into them in doing my random daily dungeon runs. I have already purchased the DLC's I like with crowns because they include complete zones, IE: Hews Bane, Gold Coast, Wrothgar, Clockwork and Imperial City. The dungeon DLC's are just not my cup of flan.
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

    NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
    ESO Plus status: Canceled!
  • klowdy1
    klowdy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This *** is getting tired. You are paying for plus to get the crafting bag, all DLC, faster research times, increased exp gain, the ability to dye your costumes, and on top of all that, 1500 crowns for the $15 a month spent. Why do so many people feel they deserve extra stuff from everything because they pay for plus? You receive your benefits, there shouldn't ever be anything more offered to plus players during a pre purchase.
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kain0001 wrote: »
    Not the most helpful - details would be great

    i pre-ordered this game the day it was announced.

    took the 6 month sub and started playing during pre-release. i left the sub running even when i wasn't playing.

    over time zos's business model changed, the game became buy to play and eso+ was introduced.

    zos started a process of giving people who kept the sub a series of bonuses - in no particular order, xp boost, craft bag, free crowns, additional item space in housing and so on. which is all fine and dandy, but i didn't ask for any of it and some of it i don't particularly want.

    why pay the sub then?

    because i recognize that bethesda/zos is a business not a charity. they need cash flow to continue running the servers and providing new content. they provide me with entertainment, i pay for it - an entirely normal and acceptable transaction - and one i am happy with.

    so the argument comes - you could still support them financially but ending the sub and buying crowns instead.

    yes i could. but what would i do with the crowns?

    there is not much in the store that interests me so it makes more sense to sub.

    .... and that's why my response to the op was, and remains....

    no.
    pc eu eso+

    paraphrasing soren kierkegaard.... when we look at the forum all we can do is laugh.
  • knaveofengland
    knaveofengland
    ✭✭✭
    most sales in mmos normally come from locker boxes , so the sub i pay and others is not to be sniffed at but we get the rewards for the sub . its allways nice to be given a freebie , we all love them .

    but its polite to ask in a nice way , and think we have enough for what we pay , after all we get all acess to the content , and non subbed players have to buy it .
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO+ gives you access to all the DLC for free.

    Summerset and Morrowind are Chapters. Specifically "Chapters", not DLC. Therefore, ESO+ does not give you the Chapters, you have to buy them like everyone else.

    Now, you may be thinking to yourself, "Self, boy, doesnt it sound like ZOS bundled up 3 DLC (Morrowind, Warden class, and Battlegrounds) into one item and called it a 'Chapter' so they didn't have to give it to ESO+ members for free?"

    You'd be right. Thats pretty much what happened. We complained about the obviousness of that cash grab when Morrowind came out, but its pretty much a done deal at this point. Morrowind wasn't even a bad deal, but it was still an obvious cash grab since it was marketed that way specifically so ESO+ members had to pay for it.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kain0001 wrote: »
    Not the most helpful - details would be great

    He answered your question in a very clear manner. It could not be more helpful than that.

    For ESO+ you can access to all DLCs, double bank space and a crafting bag among other things. That is what your ESO+ membership gets you.

    If you are thinking anything special with the purchase of the expansion, think again.

    Hope these details are more helpful.
    Really, idk
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Details:

    Chapters aren’t included in ESO Plus, the ESO Plus subscription isn’t really for all content it’s just some of the much smaller dlc. You’re better off not subscribing 12 months and instead paying for eso plus in correlation to the crowns needed to buy what you want.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • kain0001
    kain0001
    Thanks all - Again im NOT slamming the game - i love me some ESO. But at the end of the day a chapter is DLC and should be included. I have decided to cancel my SUB. I could care less about the exp bonus or a crafting bad - I pay so i dont have to pay for DLC. If i still have to pay for dlc or chapters or whatever you call it then theres no need to sub.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kain0001 wrote: »
    Thanks all - Again im NOT slamming the game - i love me some ESO. But at the end of the day a chapter is DLC and should be included. I have decided to cancel my SUB. I could care less about the exp bonus or a crafting bad - I pay so i dont have to pay for DLC. If i still have to pay for dlc or chapters or whatever you call it then theres no need to sub.

    Just so we're entirely clear.

    An ESO+ sub does give you access to the DLC for free. That's:
    Imperial City
    Orsinium
    Shadows of the Hist
    Thieves Guild
    Dark Brotherhood
    Horns of the Reach
    Clockwork City
    Dragonbones
    (Future DLC)

    An ESO+ subscription does not give you access to:
    Morrowind (& Battlegrounds)
    Summerset
    (Future Chapters)
  • kain0001
    kain0001
    Yes - so in 6 months with the money you save from all previous DLC - you can buy it all and permanently own it. Considering i have been doing this for years - i believe its a better deal just to buy the DLC when it comes out and own it permanently.
  • xbobx
    xbobx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    ESO + has had loads of Perks added over time and is great value. Expecting more is a bit much I think

    i disagree. Some of the perks should not be a perk, they should be part of the game. Things like doubling house furniture. They purposely made it low to try and force people into subs. in fact, why is there a limit and why is it so low? for a company that loves being greedy you think increasing it would be in their best interest.

    things like that shouldn't happen.

    the crowns should be bumped up to 2k at least.
    people on xbox need to be able to sub more than one month at a time, something the mods and developers keep ignoring
    eso plus people should get one free medium house imo

  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xbobx wrote: »
    Beardimus wrote: »
    ESO + has had loads of Perks added over time and is great value. Expecting more is a bit much I think

    i disagree. Some of the perks should not be a perk, they should be part of the game. Things like doubling house furniture. They purposely made it low to try and force people into subs. in fact, why is there a limit and why is it so low? for a company that loves being greedy you think increasing it would be in their best interest.

    i hear theres a special on foil this week. you might need some
    PAPSMEAR - Positively Against Paws SMEAR campaign - Say YES to crown crates
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xbobx wrote: »
    Beardimus wrote: »
    ESO + has had loads of Perks added over time and is great value. Expecting more is a bit much I think

    i disagree. Some of the perks should not be a perk, they should be part of the game. Things like doubling house furniture. They purposely made it low to try and force people into subs. in fact, why is there a limit and why is it so low? for a company that loves being greedy you think increasing it would be in their best interest.

    things like that shouldn't happen.

    the crowns should be bumped up to 2k at least.
    people on xbox need to be able to sub more than one month at a time, something the mods and developers keep ignoring
    eso plus people should get one free medium house imo

    There's a limit because the housing instance isn't on their servers. Its on your computer. So they have to set the upper limit to what the hardware of most players can handle.

    Yeah, they could do away with the ESO+ benefit of doubled slots, but why shouldn't they reward the people who subscribe?
Sign In or Register to comment.