Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magplar Carnage - BG Beatdown

Grimlok_S
Grimlok_S
✭✭✭✭✭
Had a fun round of Chaosball, using BGs to grind Alliance rank passives.

Build is 5 purple SPC body with junk traits, 3 Trans rings, purple Trans Sword and board backbar, 2 gold Willpower swords front bar.

Something about magplar feels clunky, but that is probably just my inexperience.

https://youtu.be/YAIVaHw_9n4
Light Attack Hero

Class context
Stamplar
StamDK
Stamsorc
MagDK
StamMAGStamden
Magplar
Stam NB
Bomb NB
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    big ol' woopsy-do
    Edited by Grimlok_S on March 22, 2018 6:22PM
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Baz
    Baz
    ✭✭✭
    The build looks cool, but with SPC I would run vMA resto staff with Rapid Regen + Light's Champion :)
    vAA : 150.350 WS StamBlade
    vSO : 171.041 CwC StamSorc
    vHRC : 155.895 DB Tank
    vMoL : 159.672 CwC Stamplar
    vHoF : 206.667 MkM StamNB
    vAS : 111.272 MkM Magplar
    vCR : 128.397 WS MagSorc
    Mostly retired from PvE ESO
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely lots you can swap around! I'm using trans because I only have 2 or 3 impen traits on the 7 body pieces. I end up around 2k crit resist in no cp.

vMA resto is stellar sustain, though.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Templar was my first character, but oh boy do I hate how finicky Puncturing Sweeps can be. I remember nerd raging plenty of times over having my character spin 90 degrees on his own during my Sweeps channel, throwing the last stab or two at thin air.
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    Magicka Templar was my first character, but oh boy do I hate how finicky Puncturing Sweeps can be. I remember nerd raging plenty of times over having my character spin 90 degrees on his own during my Sweeps channel, throwing the last stab or two at thin air.

Mine too! Rerolled my original magplar to stam and made this one to better utilize racial passives. Can confirm stam or mag, jabs/sweeps can can be fickle.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Baz
    Baz
    ✭✭✭
    Grimlok_S wrote: »
    Definitely lots you can swap around! I'm using trans because I only have 2 or 3 impen traits on the 7 body pieces. I end up around 2k crit resist in no cp.

Trans is a really good set, permit you to run 3infused/sturdy/well-fitted while giving a bit of tankyness & sustain. This is near a BiS in NoCP BGs ^^
    Just add a Thurvokun for Deathmatch/CrazyKing/Chaosball and you are good
    vAA : 150.350 WS StamBlade
    vSO : 171.041 CwC StamSorc
    vHRC : 155.895 DB Tank
    vMoL : 159.672 CwC Stamplar
    vHoF : 206.667 MkM StamNB
    vAS : 111.272 MkM Magplar
    vCR : 128.397 WS MagSorc
    Mostly retired from PvE ESO
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jabs is worse than sweeps and only because of the speed you normally run with as stamina. Makes jabs go right through ur target as the game has a harder keeping up with where YOU are as the caster
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baconlad wrote: »
    Jabs is worse than sweeps and only because of the speed you normally run with as stamina. Makes jabs go right through ur target as the game has a harder keeping up with where YOU are as the caster

jabs do more damage and have better synergy with class because stamina is less vulnerable to snares or roots and also pre-casting heavy attack into jabs + dawnbreaker on top of the PotL explosion is much better than magicka Templar's burst.
    Edited by Ashamray on March 25, 2018 2:14PM
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ashamray wrote: »

jabs do more damage and have better synergy with class because stamina is less vulnerable to snares or roots and also pre-casting heavy attack into jabs + dawnbreaker on top of the PotL explosion is much better than magicka Templar's burst.

Only been at it a little while on magplar but I feel I can very much agree with this as a stamplar main. Lot easier to set up burst combos with stamplar.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ashamray wrote: »

Also using Stampede to snare people makes it a lot easier to land our clunky-azz jabs.
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh yeah stamplar is MUCH BETTER THAN MAGPLAr. I've done the comparison on the forums before and it's extensive rofl.

But jabs weakness is not in the skill itself, it's that while ur trying to move with the increased speed it doesn't hit well due to server lag. It makes jabs very...bad 1v1.

He'll I've even dropped jabs and sweeps on both magplar and stamplar and had better success with other spammables only due to the single target aspect. Puncturing strikes and morphs is just bad in this meta...
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh yeah stamplar is MUCH BETTER THAN MAGPLAr. I've done the comparison on the forums before and it's extensive rofl.

But jabs weakness is not in the skill itself, it's that while ur trying to move with the increased speed it doesn't hit well due to server lag. It makes jabs very...bad 1v1.

He'll I've even dropped jabs and sweeps on both magplar and stamplar and had better success with other spammables only due to the single target aspect. Puncturing strikes and morphs is just bad in this meta...

Yeah but jabs is still beastmode against stunned or heavily snared targets. It synergizes just fine with DboS, Stampede, and Dizzying.

Magplar only really has the option of DboS but even then Sweeps hits like a wet noodle compared to Jabs. They nerfed the f out of the healing component several times but never buffed the damage to compensate. Typical ZOS.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dual weld and pirate skele like a good little meta-plar!

I approve.

We have a similar playstyle (eclipse-burst-jabs-repeat):
    https://youtu.be/HcB9YptIUq0
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

I approve.

Good golly your game looks good with shadows.
    I like the frost staff back bar for that root!

I think I'd prefer a staff back bar.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grimlok_S wrote: »
    Minno wrote: »

I approve.

Good golly your game looks good with shadows.
    I like the frost staff back bar for that root!

I think I'd prefer a staff back bar.

yea that root replaces toppling charge and works beautifully with eclipse. toppling charge stun can be blocked and you'll be in harms way all the time whereas the root gives a dot to proc skoria, forces the enemy to dodge roll burning their stamina, and can be cast when the enemy has broken free from eclipse letting you burn around 6500 of their stamina if the enemy decides to yolo around. Shame eclipse doesn't also root so it actually controls the enemy instead of giving cc immunity around like candy.

Staff backbar also lets you put on ele drain, when your front bar is completely maxed out with more important abilities (purfying light, eclipse, jabs, reflective light, etc.)
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Grimlok_S here's another shameless vid plug:

https://youtu.be/eq3-MLXjP3k

swapped spectre eye for shackle in this video. And there are situations where the root helps me so I don't have to sprint all the time when I get close.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual