The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Cyrodiil: Poor map design!

• keto3000
    keto3000
    ✭✭✭
    Bunch of new and anticipated pvp-oriented mmos coming in next year will force ESO to become more competitive and make the needed changes in Cyrodiil, imo.
    Zodiac_ wrote: »
    Some of the ideas herein and in any other relevant topic are very interesting and would give a refreshing feeling to cyro BUT i am afraid we wont ever see them applied

Cyro suffers mainly from three reasons

- poor server performance which lead to population caps
    - broken mechanics and sets with people abusing them (legally and illegally)
    - ZOS persisting on pleasing the vast majority of players in a total incorrect way (in my opinion). Damage and healing is boosted as never before and most important in ways that favour quantity. This leads people to prefer joining the largest group they can find which simply amplify the previous two points.

So, unfortunately and since this situation is on-going for years now no matter how good or bad an idea/discussion can be about cyro and even if we see it applied (by a miracle) it wont really matter and you will end up in the same situation you described in the OP because the real issues have never so far and i am afraid never will be addressed....
    “The point of power is always in the present moment.”

― Louise L. Hay
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    The incentive to leave and explore was the PvE side of the zone.

The idea was it would be a huge open zone for hundreds of players doing PvE and PvP at the same time, however the reduction in population caps and general lack of worth from the PvE/Exploration side killed that off.

And the endless endless griefing. I'm sure it was fun for the NB's and the really good PVE'ers, but it drove most of the PvE'ers who were not die hard completionists from playing there.

Now if I could have a "white flag" that I could wave/use for a limited time that would render me "non combatant" I would love it. But I think PvP people would not care for that option.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remove all the existing PVE from Cyrodiil, it serves zero purpose these days.

Add in more named locations with objectives - small villages, the churches, winery, homesteads etc - once owned they each get a defensive pack of NPCs just like the resources do. And each give a small boost to the stats of the keeps / forts your faction owns, or to the NPC guards within those keeps.

Outposts should also send out killable NPC caravans that head towards the nearest main keep and reinforce the outer guard forces there, making keeps a little more difficult to take. Incentivising small groups to head out to kill the enemy caravans before they arrive, and obviously for other groups to provide protection.

We really do need some sort of objective on the very outer parts of Cyrodiil - its always so dead out there.
    I think it's quite evident now that there are different ways to incentivise players to head to different locations - and one that has been overlooked for a long time is the cosmetic aspect of the game. A LOT of players put cosmetics at the top of their lists.
    Even the new Hat 'costume' from the reward boards is increasing the number of people taking resources + Bruma / Vlasta / Cropsford. More cosmetic rewards are sure to increase the number of active people in Cyrodiil.

Maybe they could add a blacksmith, clothier, woodworker, enchanting, provisioning, alchemy, jewelcrafting plot on the map - each one owned adds a small amount of their respective materials to your reward of the worthy bag, and a small chance to get a furnishing recipe of their type too - increasing with the amount of time the plot has been owned.
    Own the Blacksmith for an hour and get an extra 50 raw blacksmith mats, 3 upgrade materials and a 15% chance at a Blacksmithing recipe in your reward bag. (If they made the recipes Imperial, or another race that we don't have atm it would increase the number of people in cyrodiil dramatically) Own it for 2 hours and those materials + % double.

• mook-eb16_ESO
    mook-eb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    yes make all the pve that players have to do in cyro actually do something for the map, get extra bonuses for certain other objectives; more buffs debuffs for players or for keeps. how about more keep upgrades for automated self defence to stop morning capers or make their job harder. Include objectives in ic so people have to go in there etc. Seems like the creative development in cyro just flaked out along with the servers. we are back to the point of rubber banding, freezes and crashes etc. there are so many things they can do but we get virtually nothing, because they can't directly monetise it. However they seem to fail to realise that it retains a lot of there player base. when you look at a lot of online games many of the top ones are pvp.
  • WacArnold
    WacArnold
    ✭✭✭
    Completely agree 98% of map is unused just zergs traveling single file between keeps. Zos needs to add things that would promote more solo play throughout the rest of the map. Nobody does anything unless two conditions are met in this game.
    1. Your in a group
    2. You will get ap

If those are not met nobody does them.
    Xbox One - North American - Ebonheart Pact
    Anti-Pop Lv 50 Magicka Nightblade Dark Elf
    WacArnold Lv 50 Magicka Templar Argonian
  • Ruckly
    Ruckly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Walled towns with spawns connected to the spawn network and spawns that act as forward camps would be neat but it would probably turn into a TDM.
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be time for a PVP DLC again something in the style of IC. Adding BGs (which should have been basegame content from the start and not bound to Morrowind) and then letting the PVP community rot for another 2 years until there is a Content update doesnt look like the play to me. I mean technically you got recall stones and *** but cmon... if you call that content updates, adding critters to overworld is also content for PVE-friends then.
  • mook-eb16_ESO
    mook-eb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    please see update 20 video, https://youtu.be/_LCwT-DvdC0?t=8141
    see 2:15:00
    Edited by mook-eb16_ESO on September 16, 2018 2:27PM
  • Ertosi
    Ertosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil's only map-related design flaw:

The only Ocean fishing holes are directly in front of one of AD's main gates. This needlessly risks the lives of countless DC and EP fishermen while giving AD toons an unfair advantage at achieving Master Fisher.

What madness afflicted the Devs who made all of the nearby fishing holes to the east of those Ocean holes Lake? Either remove Ocean holes completely from Cyrodiil or make all of them in that area Ocean. Even if all of those are converted to Ocean, the only way to balance the scales would be to remove either all River or all Lake holes from AD's side of the map, forcing them to cross the map like everyone else.

#FixCyrodiilFishing
    PC NA @Ertosi
    ♠♦ My Team ♥♣
    GoanJabsplar [Grand Master Crafter, Master Angler, Tamriel Hero, Explorer]
    DruStamplar
    TicklesHealplar
    DixieMagplar
    FigsStamblade Sneakthief [Master Thief]
    Sir PriceStamblade Bow Ganker [Daedric Lord Slayer]
    MayaStamblade Speedster
    AhmedMagblade Bomber
    BalzarStamSorc Blitzer
    WinniePetSorc Thunder Mage
    TanksStamDK Tank
    MonaMagDK Fire Mage
    DawnHPDK
    BearlyStamden Tank
    IvanaMagden Ice Mage

CP 950+
    ♌ DC Loyalist ♌
    ✄ Grand Master Crafter
    No new crafting or game systems for 2019? "Season of the Dragon" would be better named "The Year of no New Major Features"
    https://i.imgur.com/TPscgS9.jpg to see major features of the last few years compared.
    https://i.imgur.com/X8qY0gP.jpg to see a detailed comparison of this year's Q1 to the last two Q1s.
    https://i.imgur.com/4z71cK8.jpg to see a detailed comparison of each years' first two quarters combined.
    https://i.imgur.com/jrHe5h8.jpg to see a projected comparison of the full years and what 2019's Q4 will need to catch up.
    Unsubbed January 15th, 2019 due to the lack of any new substantial features shown to be coming in 2019.
  • Alagras
    Alagras
    ✭✭✭
    I like very much the idea of caravans spawning that we must protect or attack while they travel to nearest keep.