Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Would you like to see gryphons added as a mount?

swifty3174
swifty3174
✭✭✭
C331qJw.jpg

Without devolving into any discussion of flying in ESO, would you like to see gryphons added as a (ground-only) mount?
Edited by swifty3174 on March 21, 2018 11:13PM
CP 990+
Aldmeri Dominion
Gelduin Greenwood: Bosmer Stamina Nightblade, Completionist
Khunzar-do: Khajiit Magicka Necromancer, PVP
Camandil: Altmer Magicka Warden, Healer
Wulf Cosades: Imperial Health Dragonknight, Tank
Elenwen Lloderion: Altmer Magicka Nightblade, DPS
PAPSMEAR - Positively Against PAWS SMEAR campaign - Say YES to crown crates!

Would you like to see gryphons added as a mount? 144 votes

Yes
59%
ThumbtackJakevailjohn_ESOMisterBigglesworthOsteosDominoidTurelusLadyAstrumAimoraSkayaqvrineMilvanSheezabeastLoralai_907AjaxandrielTroneonDarkhorse1975NyghthowlerLynx7386AmourBluepitbull13 86 votes
No
40%
Caligamy_ESOYolokin_SwagonbornAcrolasashenehb14_ESOGreevirjluchauKendaricGythralOkiirthomas1970b16_ESOKharnisTavore1138VhozekAromaknilldaxCaffeinatedMayhemTandorElissaeDrakoleonkargen27 58 votes
  • swifty3174
    swifty3174
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I personally would love the chance to ride around on one of these beasts! :smiley:
    CP 990+
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Gelduin Greenwood: Bosmer Stamina Nightblade, Completionist
    Khunzar-do: Khajiit Magicka Necromancer, PVP
    Camandil: Altmer Magicka Warden, Healer
    Wulf Cosades: Imperial Health Dragonknight, Tank
    Elenwen Lloderion: Altmer Magicka Nightblade, DPS
    PAPSMEAR - Positively Against PAWS SMEAR campaign - Say YES to crown crates!
    Options
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Although from the video today they looked a little derpy. I would still ride one though.
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    only if i can fly...oops
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
    Options
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    No. We don't need mounts with wings when they can't use them properly (unless they're going to add penguins or ostriches).
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
    Options
  • Sekero
    Sekero
    ✭✭✭
    No
    I'm scared of heights..... A horse is high enough for me!
    Options
  • Numerikuu
    Numerikuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    13899194_6-bc-universities-as-characters-from-the_t717ccc08.gif
    Edited by Numerikuu on March 21, 2018 11:19PM
    Options
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    But only if they either cant fly or just hover a few feet off the ground
    Options
  • elantaura
    elantaura
    ✭✭✭✭
    In the last year of the game He'll yes why not it will be the end
    At this stage no ( what a nightmare that would be in pvp lol)
    PS4 EU 1200+ cp - I enjoy RP, Housing, PVE and PVP

Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Ground only sure, I am pretty confident these will come as mounts in some form at some point, they know the demand will be there.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    From the preview they looked very cartoony and plain, but this game is just not built for flying in any way shape or form.
    love is love
    Options
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    GW2 has mounts with wings that basically hover above the ground. Looks pretty. So, yes I'd like gryphon mounts, and think it should have been a pre-order mount instead of the fiery-feet senche.
    Edited by LadyAstrum on March 21, 2018 11:32PM
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
    Options
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    They would probably run and glide rather than fly. Sure, why not? :smile:
    Options
  • drkfrontiers
    drkfrontiers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    If it can fly but only short pounce-like movements? Maybe like 2-3 times the length of a normal tigers jump.
    Edited by drkfrontiers on March 21, 2018 11:44PM
    "One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star."
    ~ Friedrich Nietzsche
    Options
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Ground only? Why not. They could even have them do a little flapping animation with the wings when sprinting without actually leaving the ground.

And everyone knows people would throw heaps of cash for something like a Griffin.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
    Options
  • Ravereth
    Ravereth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    swifty3174 wrote: »
    C331qJw.jpg

Without devolving into any discussion of flying in ESO, would you like to see gryphons added as a (ground-only) mount?

Well... It will be more like...

39cb1e90c7d901332b0236c13a486f67.gif
    Options
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    The pet's fine.
    The chapter will probably have a book and/or some dialogue explaining why some mangy stable peasant can't have one.
    signing off
    Options
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes, I want the hippogriff, I mean, the gryphon as a mount!
    Options
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Guild wars 2 mounts look ridiculous. Lets not go that direction please.

562c6Mount_Manta8.jpg
    Edited by Yolokin_Swagonborn on March 22, 2018 12:05AM
    Options
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    By the Eight, stop adding more mounts, and just fix horses already. They all have sickle-hocked legs and animation is far from ideal. Please!

Regarding gryphos now. What is the point of the land gryphon with needless wings and distinguishing for all mounts aquaphobia? It'll look stupid.
    EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Options
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I'ts bad enough in towns with people riding around on the mounts we have now. A player sitting on one of those things near a crafting station with its big ugly wings flapping would be a nuisance at the very least.

I'd rip the wings off that flying pet sorcs seem to always have out if I could and make it just run along instead of flying.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
    Options
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I would love them as ground mounts, keep the wings folded and have them just run. Maybe make them spread the wings when you jump.

No flying mounts though.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
    Options
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Nah.

Flying mounts are a no-go in ESO, and winged mounts that can't fly even tho they ought to are just nasty, in a "tantalus" sort of way... teasing us with it without ever giving us the chance...

I'd much rather have floating mounts instead. Those at least we can sigh about the levitation spells not being strong enough for full on flight, instead looking at those teasing wings... ;)

Options
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Oh HECK yes!
    Even if we can't fly. Still want them. I need them in my life.
    Options
  • mesmerizedish
    mesmerizedish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    No, having an obviously flight-capable mount limited to running along the ground would look hecka dumb.
    Options
  • Stewart1874
    Stewart1874
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we can unlock them.
    PS4 - Europe - Aldmeri Dominion
    Options
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes please. Make them fly too, I like reading salty posts! I'm pretty sure Zos likes making money and griffs will sell well, despite haters lol.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
    Options
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    NONONONONONONONONONONONO

Seriosuly, if flying mounts get added...I will be SERIOUSLY disappointed, and never leave my house again, just have fun perpetually re-arranging the furniture.
    Options
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    NONONONONONONONONONONONO
    Seriosuly, if flying mounts get added...I will be SERIOUSLY disappointed, and never leave my house again, just have fun perpetually re-arranging the furniture.
    They don't have to be flying mounts. They could give us some back-story as to why they don't fly, or they could just glide along the ground a little. Someone in another thread said they could walk under normal conditions, but spread their wings and glide a little when you jump, which would look great. There are several ways they can do it without making them fully flying.
    Options
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Guild wars 2 mounts look ridiculous. Lets not go that direction please.

562c6Mount_Manta8.jpg

Um...if that's an example of what you're talking about, it looks AWESOME and now I want one in ESO.
    Options
  • Motherball
    Motherball
    ✭✭✭✭
    Giant bat for me, please.
    Options