The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Jewelry crafting making the set crafting desirable and viable again?

Algraxa
Algraxa
✭✭✭
I love it! as a crafter, who put in a bunch of time, being able to craft those missing pieces seems to add more utility back to the crafters, making the skill line relevant again.

I know there will be tears from those that farm content but for those that do not, it is a very welcome change.
Edited by Algraxa on March 21, 2018 8:48PM
  • Sekero
    Sekero
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with the utility, but will it be available in the base game, or locked behind purchase of Summerset?
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please maintain pants on status. Materials, research, cost and rng factors are unknown.
  • Algraxa
    Algraxa
    ✭✭✭
    Allanm wrote: »
    I agree with the utility, but will it be available in the base game, or locked behind purchase of Summerset?

I don't know that they have stated if it will require the add on or not, but it would not surprise me if it does. To gain the thieves guild or dark Brotherhood lines you need the DLC.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, I highly doubt this will be anything other than a base game improvement. ZOS didn't make Outfits exclusive to Morrowind owners.

Edit: And yes, I would love if this made crafting services viable again...BUT, given the last few crafting improvements...highly likely it will be bound. Like transmutation, and outfit system. Honestly, I see the biggest change being crafted sets become bound as well.

I'm not sure how ZOS plans on keeping the economy alive, but maybe they want to do away with that as well.
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on March 22, 2018 2:54AM
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I already have ideas for mixing few crafted sets (Mechanical Acuity + Julianos etc). Can't wait to test all of them on PTS.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Given that Transmutation was a base game improvement and all other Crafting stuff has been a base game improvement, I'd be surprised if Jewelry-crafting was locked behind the paywall.

Besides, that way ZOS doesn't have to deal with the crowd that's outraged by any hint of P2W.
  • Sekero
    Sekero
    ✭✭✭
    Given that Transmutation was a base game improvement and all other Crafting stuff has been a base game improvement, I'd be surprised if Jewelry-crafting was locked behind the paywall.

Besides, that way ZOS doesn't have to deal with the crowd that's outraged by any hint of P2W.

I suppose there will be outrage if it is; anyway I'm holding off purchase till more is known - I'm not that fond of Altmer that I'd really want to visit them and I certainly don't want to be "born"there! Vvardenfell is bad enough.
  • Algraxa
    Algraxa
    ✭✭✭
    No, I highly doubt this will be anything other than a base game improvement. ZOS didn't make Outfits exclusive to Morrowind owners.

Edit: And yes, I would love if this made crafting services viable again...BUT, given the last fwe crafting improvements...highly likely it will be bound. Like transmutation, and outfit system. Honestly, I see the biggest change being crafted sets become bound as well.

I'm not sure how ZOS plans on keeping the economy alive, but maybe they want to do away with that as well.

Bound, would be a huge waste of potential for the craft profession. I will be more than just a little pissed off if they throw away the opportunity to make crafting relevant again.
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Get ready for Jewel transmutation as well.

Ravager + Acuity on stam DPS looks broken.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If anything I can see them locking the only naturally occurring jewelry crafting station behind the paywall in Summerset, and then selling it for around 2,000-2,500 writ vouchers so the non-chapter folks can’t claim P2W.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Relevant? SInce you need crafting to upgrade your bound gear with less tempers it's still pretty relevant. Will you be able to make profit from your crafting skills? No. Why? See previous statement. Everyone and their grnadma is a crafter and everyone knows that guy who has 9 traits if you need Pelinal's or TBS.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »
    If anything I can see them locking the only naturally occurring jewelry crafting station behind the paywall in Summerset, and then selling it for around 2,000-2,500 writ vouchers so the non-chapter folks can’t claim P2W.

I'd agree with this. I think transmutation was t he same, transmute in CWC or buy your own table with vouchers. It was only 1500, so I'd expect a jewelry station to be about the same. Might need to review my house layout to fit more stuff in.

Simply being able to craft current craftable sets in jewelry pieces would make it much easier to match with a dropped set - basically the first 5 different dropped pieces will work and you make whatever else you need in the craftable set. I've been running MOL lately for Moondancer and Alkosh (for separate characters) and not having to be picky would make it easier.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I love the idea of jewelry crafting. I am just hoping they don't screw it up like they did Transmutation and Outfit systems. If Jewelry crafting turns out to be another waste of time or some sham to encourage micro-transactions, I'm likely pulling out. I didn't grind crafting traits and motifs this long just to grind some other redundant RNG system.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finedaible wrote: »
    I love the idea of jewelry crafting. I am just hoping they don't screw it up like they did Transmutation and Outfit systems. If Jewelry crafting turns out to be another waste of time or some sham to encourage micro-transactions, I'm likely pulling out. I didn't grind crafting traits and motifs this long just to grind some other redundant RNG system.

Threatening to leave on pure speculation ... before the system is even rolled out to players?

That's pretty smart.
  • MTijhuis
    MTijhuis
    ✭✭✭
    I am afraid that jewel crafting is gonna be more difficult to master than most of us expect right now. If the system works the same as other crafting skills it's gonna take 3 months to research all 9 traits. Not to mention the grind to get the jewels in the traits you want to research. Unless you buy the shiny instant research scrolls.

What would make sense is that every craft able set gets his own jewelry table. At the moment there are 41 craftable sets, every dlc/chapter so far got 3 new craftable sets. That means that in total there 176 attunable stations needed for all crafting needs. That leaves 524 spots in a manor for other decoration.

Even tho I like the idea of craftable jewelry, I think there is gonna be a hugh catch. I don't think you van improve all jewelry to gold, why else would you run vet trails and dungrons more than once? And what else are the pvp-ers gonna spent there AP on.
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MTijhuis wrote: »
    I am afraid that jewel crafting is gonna be more difficult to master than most of us expect right now. If the system works the same as other crafting skills it's gonna take 3 months to research all 9 traits. Not to mention the grind to get the jewels in the traits you want to research. Unless you buy the shiny instant research scrolls.

What would make sense is that every craft able set gets his own jewelry table. At the moment there are 41 craftable sets, every dlc/chapter so far got 3 new craftable sets. That means that in total there 176 attunable stations needed for all crafting needs. That leaves 524 spots in a manor for other decoration.

Even tho I like the idea of craftable jewelry, I think there is gonna be a hugh catch. I don't think you van improve all jewelry to gold, why else would you run vet trails and dungrons more than once? And what else are the pvp-ers gonna spent there AP on.

Maybe hard for you to believe but most of us don;t run dungeons and trials for rewards, we do it for fun.
    At late game, and after you have done the trials enough to have the jewellery, all there is to do is trials, for the challenge.