Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Master Writ RNG

Tw1tch85
Tw1tch85
Soul Shriven
I have read many threads about master writ RNG drop rates but have only seen player comments but I would like to dedicate this thread to hearing responses from the DEV’s them selves about how it actually works instead of speculation and whether the more knowledge you have regarding styles master writ completion achievements actually effect the drop rates so any developers please feel free to explain how it all works so we can either continue to work our asses off learning styles to get better writs or if we are just wasting our time and gold
  •  Tw1tch85
    Tw1tch85
    Soul Shriven
    Not only that but also explain why rare styles like Buoyant Armiger are on writs with only 6 vouchers a styles rarity should be on larger writs like 300+ vouchers it would make sense that the larger the writ the harder it would be to complete due to those rare styles seems like common sense to me and would make it worth all our while to actually work to learn those rare styles in regards to being a master crafter
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There has only been one official post regarding this and I am failing to find it right now (forgot who made it).

You're unlikely to get a direct answer from ZOS about such things though.

Edit to address second post.
    There are a number of writs which don't reflect the games economy, these do need to be addressed but likely when they were added whoever did them either didn't realise the value of items or just forgot to apply rarity to the reward levels.
    Hopefully it's something on their radar to address.
    Edited by Turelus on March 21, 2018 1:26PM
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    look for the post i think regarding cwc when they added motifs to the pool of requirements about this. Other than what was in there, i dont think you'll get more information.

or you know, just google it and look at the very first hit.
    Tradeskill mastery (which determines your odds of receiving a master writ from a top tier writ reward box) is meant to imply a long-term dedication to the craft. This varies from tradeskill to tradeskill.

For Blacksmithing, Clothier, and Woodworking, this means motif knowledge and overall completion of trait research. This does not include Crown-exclusive motifs or motifs for the 9 base player races. It focuses on motifs that take some effort to learn – like Xivkyn, or Minotaur, or Celestial.
    For Provisioning, this is instead your collection of known purple and gold recipes as they are a strong overall representation of dedication to craft.
    With Enchanting, we instead look at the total overall rune word translations you’ve completed on that character.
    And with Alchemy, we look at how many reagents from which you’ve completely learned all effects.

Over time, the contributing factors for this may expand as the associated tradeskill mechanics do.
  • LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've also heard that the achievements influence it, can someone confirm please?
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    theres also this from homestead but i cant quote it

The frequency of Master Writ invites from standard Writ boxes is based on the overall associated tradeskill mastery possessed by the character.

This includes research, Motif knowledge, and achievement completion.
  •  Tw1tch85
    Tw1tch85
    Soul Shriven
    To Slick_007

I have also heard this too but I just levelled a toon to 50 a while back that had done very little research and had no motifs learned and got a 120 writ voucher master writ so I think something is very wrong seeing my main toon is nearly 9 trait master and I have maybe ten styles I don't know and have completed a major achievement sometimes I get big writs but not often enough in comparison to how much I do the daily ones
  • cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    One other thing that will have an effect that some might miss is make sure you have maxed out the craft in skill points.
    Just the ones that apply to crafting, ones like snake blood,the ones that make nodes glow,etc shouldn’t apply
  • Namarkas
    Namarkas
    ✭✭✭
    From the official patch notes when it was introduced:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/318838/pc-mac-patch-notes-v2-7-5#latest
    "The frequency of Master Writ invites from standard Writ boxes is based on the overall associated tradeskill mastery possessed by the character.

This includes research, Motif knowledge, and achievement completion.
    "
    although Motif knowledge is redundant because I know that a dev once confirmed that only complete styles count = having the achievement for it. That was in a comment though so I dont have the link for it.
    For alchemy and enchanting it is achievements only, and for provisioning is supposed to be influenced by the number of purple (and probably gold) recipes you know. Again, stated in a comment a long time ago.