The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Dawnlight Palace PTS Feedback

MacCait
MacCait
✭✭✭✭✭
...Bit late in the day for this home, but not long returned to the game and PTS.

Made a video review to show what I mean with certain areas:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzg96VzEfLo"]https://youtube.com/watch?v=wzg96VzEfLo

Summary of Feedback:

Overall, it’s a beautiful home from any angle, and it’s clear there has been a lot attention to detail in many areas of the creation and design. However, there are a few flaws that let down the overall design. Given the expensive cost, these few flaws in the design are things that could be improved upon before it’s made available on the live servers; which would only benefit sales of the property.

I find the following main issues with the property:

1) DOORWAYS and BALCONIES: Only 2 doorways, front and side, with no doorways leading to the many well-designed balconies and viewings areas (in comparison, the much smaller Hunding Palatial Hall has 6 balcony doors, 7 including the front door).
• At least 2 doorways could be added to lead to balconies, as well as some stairs on the balconies themselves, leading to upper balconies.

2) UPPER BATTLEMENTS - No stairways: Upper areas on the battlements, such as the nicely crafted domes, have no stairs leading up to the tops; meaning they are inaccessible without creating your own way to get up there such as using wooden planks. However, this would take away from the beauty of the palace.
• This could be remedied by either:
1. Adding stone stairs leading up to such areas.
2. Bringing redguard textured stone stairs into the game as purchasable or craftable furnishings.

3) LIGHTING: Terrible lighting inside, where windows appear false; letting in no natural light.
• The current windows inside could be reprogrammed with windows that simulate natural light; lighting up what is a beautifully designed indoor palace main hall.

4) INVISIBLE WALLS: While the height of the invisible walls is generous... The invisible walls at the back and to left-back of the property still feel too close to shore in sea area.
While invisible walls are important to stop players getting out of the area, within the sea area at least (docking area and private beach area), they feel less necessary as there is no where to go.
• In this case, you (devs) could afford to move the invisible wall area further out to sea, allowing for more creativity on behalf of players wishing to design and create structures in those areas outside of the palace. I think this small change would add so much design creativity and potential to the home.

5) SLAUGHTERFISH: Slaughterfish are still too close to shoreline, thus limiting creativity: i.e. meaning any potential to create islands or structures to explore in the sea, would be impossible to swim to without creating a bridge close to the shore, which ruins and limits creativity.
• In this case, as the invisible walls ultimately stop players from getting out of the water, the slaughterfish could be moved to just within the invisible walls area; allowing players to be able to swim out further, create islands to swim to, or even use the water to create enclosed and lit swimming areas, such as sea caves.

6) UNFINISHED BUILDING: When you build up high, players can see that the palace behind the property is unfinished. It would be nice to see this area fixed, so that if players do build up that high, it looks natural and doesn’t break immersion.
• This could be done by either raising the sandstone mountain, or by creating more of a wall beneath the current palace wall.

UPDATED: 7) UNMOVEABLE TREES: The palm trees on the private beach area are unmoveable; this means that if any player wished to remove these and build in this small beach area, they would be unable to. This seems unnecessarily limiting!
• This could be remedied by making the trees a moveable item; allowing more design potential in that area.

I find the following minor issues with the property:

8) Swimming Pool: The swimming pool in the front courtyard is a little narrow.
• It could easily be widened to create a slightly wider swimming pool. This isn’t a major issue, or as important as the other issues, but it would be a nice touch. There appears to be a pointless large stone step around the swimming pool that could be removed, thus widening the pool (see video).

9) Outside buildings: The two outside building/cover are not moveable, limiting design placement of those areas
• By making these objects moveable, owners could choose to place them against the walls, or put them in different areas, making the grounds more personal to the owner; giving greater choice over placement and design.

Obviously an expensive home that will probably sell in game for around 13,000 crowns, which in real money is approximately £65 -70 UK pounds, and around $100 US dollars.

I feel, if fixed, these fixes would make the property more appealing and would allow for more potential in home design and creativity.
Edited by MacCait on April 3, 2018 12:07PM
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After having walked through it several more times I have talked myself out of buying this house. It's beautiful but suffers from sooo many defects! Mostly I really hate the lack of balconies and the inability to get up to the battlements. That, on top of the too low item cap and the too low player cap and the fact that you, ZOS, continue to ignore feedback on player houses and release them WITHOUT any of the suggested changes or fixes that are asked for by the very players you ASK for feedback from convinces me that housing is probably not ever going to get the improvements it desperately needs. So I see no reason to waste such a large amount of crowns on what will surely be a tremendous disappoint.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's probably my favourite house in the game in my favourite city. But good luck decorating that with just 700 items.

You can get by decorating the giant cave houses like Earthtear and the DB one with 700 items since caves don't have to be cluttered to look "lived in". This is an actual house with rooms and hallways that need to be filled out, plus a massive yard.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on March 23, 2018 3:42AM
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's probably my favourite house in the game in my favourite city. But good luck decorating that with just 700 items.

You can get by decorating the giant cave houses like Earthtear and the DB one with 700 items since caves don't have to be cluttered to look "lived in". This is an actual house with rooms and hallways that need to be filled out, plus a massive yard.

Exactly. I love my Earthtear and still have quite a few slots left but that's definitely because so much of it I've left as mostly untouched outdoor space. Dawnlight will be an absolute nightmare to decorate at the 700 cap and I'd just rather spare myselfthe headache since ZOS won't give us an ETA on when or even IF the item counts will ever be raised. So at thsi point, I'm holding out to see what housing in Summerset is going to be like... though I'm also kind of dreading it.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!