The Blackwood Chapter and Update 30 are now available for testing on the PTS! Read the full patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts/

An option for the Truth speakers.

ankhor8
ankhor8
✭✭✭
I gather a lot of people lie and determine a reason or reasons to lie periodically. I have maintained of life, in which my last lie was 2011. I like this fact. I engage in these "alternate realities" with avatars that i customize to emulate me.
I seek an option to complete all missions while stating the Truth. In "Lifting the Veil" quest, the only option to proceed i have noticed, entails lying to Palomir. I also have the Alik'r Desert "Bergama" quest yet to be completed because of the same factor.
What is your perspective on the value of providing a truthful option for these quests?
In addition, being truthful, in a society the subtly praises deception as emotional protection, is welcomed by few.
To developers, does this idea matter to you enough to explore the adjustment potential?
Edited by ankhor8 on March 21, 2018 8:24AM
Kota-Sax-Blood of True An-Xileel
TrueAn-Xileel.guildlaunch.com
Psn community page: An-Xileel
Seth Salute
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ankhor8 wrote: »
    I gather a lot of people lie and determine a reason or reasons to lie periodically. I have maintained of life, in which my last lie was 2011. I like this fact. I engage in these "alternate realities" with avatars that i customize to emulate me.
    I seek an option to complete all missions will stating the Truth. In "Lifting the Veil" quest, the only option to proceed i have noticed, entails lying to Palomir. I also have the Alik'r Desert "Bergama" quest yet to be completed because of the same factor.
    What is your perspective on the value of providing a truthful option for these quests?
    In addition, being truthful, in a society the subtly praises deception as emotional protection, is welcomed by few.
    To developers, does this idea matter to you enough to explore the adjustment potential?

    There is none as far as i know. I tried to get my paladine templar (not lying) through there many times to no avail.

    Mean thing is, you won't get cadwells done without lying at least once (the bergama quest is only a side quest). If you happen to solve the palomir dilemma - please gimme a note. :)
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In those quest you don´t tell lies. You just express facts from other sides of the dragon break.
    Si hoc imprimis intellegis, nolli dubitare, scribe me ad latine loquendum. Lingua est colenda.

    PAWS - Say NO to crown crates!

  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Honesty isn't always the best policy.

    For instance if the phone rang, and someone asked you to tell them where you were so they can come and stab you, would you tell them the truth?

    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

    I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • ankhor8
    ankhor8
    ✭✭✭
    In those quest you don´t tell lies. You just express facts from other sides of the dragon break.

    Funny. Case in point, we all deem angles on lies. If i devote my body and soul to the veiled queen, i would do as she states instead of oppose her. I definitely choose to oppose her. In addition, the option presents (Lie) in brackets.
    Clarity is Key
    Kota-Sax-Blood of True An-Xileel
    TrueAn-Xileel.guildlaunch.com
    Psn community page: An-Xileel
    Seth Salute
  • ankhor8
    ankhor8
    ✭✭✭
    Sixty5 wrote: »
    Honesty isn't always the best policy.

    For instance if the phone rang, and someone asked you to tell them where you were so they can come and stab you, would you tell them the truth?

    An angle i have addressed frequently in life. Divulging information and stating the truth may seem similar, yet are clearly distinct.
    If someone asked me a question, i would proceed filtering them to determine the value in answering first, then decide whether to provide the answer, no comment, or remain silent. Body language also assist in communication.
    Kota-Sax-Blood of True An-Xileel
    TrueAn-Xileel.guildlaunch.com
    Psn community page: An-Xileel
    Seth Salute
  • KiraTsukasa
    KiraTsukasa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, the first thing you do... is realize that this is a video game, not real life, and even if you do lie, it has no impact on yours, or anyone else's, actual life.

    For example, I would never steal something in real life, but in Skyrim I would steal everything that wasn't nailed down (I do this less in ESO because of the limited inventory space). Why? Because it has no impact on anyone real.

    It's just a video game. Suck it up and lie to the virtual characters.
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, the first thing you do... is realize that this is a video game, not real life, and even if you do lie, it has no impact on yours, or anyone else's, actual life.

    For example, I would never steal something in real life, but in Skyrim I would steal everything that wasn't nailed down (I do this less in ESO because of the limited inventory space). Why? Because it has no impact on anyone real.

    It's just a video game. Suck it up and lie to the virtual characters.

    Second thing you do is realize some people like to RP ... ;)
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Being this is an RP thread OP could RP a story arc where they’re overcome by something. Maybe possessed or poisoned and so not act by their own free will. This would be an
    Opportunity to complete the quests mentioned in an interesting manner.
  • ankhor8
    ankhor8
    ✭✭✭
    Well, the first thing you do... is realize that this is a video game, not real life, and even if you do lie, it has no impact on yours, or anyone else's, actual life.

    For example, I would never steal something in real life, but in Skyrim I would steal everything that wasn't nailed down (I do this less in ESO because of the limited inventory space). Why? Because it has no impact on anyone real.

    It's just a video game. Suck it up and lie to the virtual characters.

    Funny. "suck it up" i know what you mean. The fact that me choosing the lie option in the artificial reality has no identifiable impact on other lifeforms in this world, is accurate. My choice of maintenance is not based on impact to others. How other artificial life or actual life respond, is less important than my preference to maintain a way of being.
    I too use to steal material to sell. Now my interest have changed. This world is entertainment based, so i find significant entertainment in applying these life principles in artificial worlds.
    Courage and fire are attributes i have in abundance. This is post is a "what do you think" as opposed to a "boo hoo i want it my way."
    I definitely want most things my way, yet i accept that the ideal way, may be different than my preference.
    How well does that clarify my perspective?
    Kota-Sax-Blood of True An-Xileel
    TrueAn-Xileel.guildlaunch.com
    Psn community page: An-Xileel
    Seth Salute
  • ankhor8
    ankhor8
    ✭✭✭
    Elsterchen wrote: »
    Second thing you do is realize some people like to RP ... ;)

    We all have our preferences. I am completely fine with others that RP lie. As stated, my preference is another option, hence i share the thought to see what results.
    Tamriel is about pleasure for sure. As i seek, i find more.
    Kota-Sax-Blood of True An-Xileel
    TrueAn-Xileel.guildlaunch.com
    Psn community page: An-Xileel
    Seth Salute
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ankhor8 wrote: »
    Well, the first thing you do... is realize that this is a video game, not real life, and even if you do lie, it has no impact on yours, or anyone else's, actual life.

    For example, I would never steal something in real life, but in Skyrim I would steal everything that wasn't nailed down (I do this less in ESO because of the limited inventory space). Why? Because it has no impact on anyone real.

    It's just a video game. Suck it up and lie to the virtual characters.

    Funny. "suck it up" i know what you mean. The fact that me choosing the lie option in the artificial reality has no identifiable impact on other lifeforms in this world, is accurate. My choice of maintenance is not based on impact to others. How other artificial life or actual life respond, is less important than my preference to maintain a way of being.
    I too use to steal material to sell. Now my interest have changed. This world is entertainment based, so i find significant entertainment in applying these life principles in artificial worlds.
    Courage and fire are attributes i have in abundance. This is post is a "what do you think" as opposed to a "boo hoo i want it my way."
    I definitely want most things my way, yet i accept that the ideal way, may be different than my preference.
    How well does that clarify my perspective?

    I kinda understand your position. May I suggest to play the quest, and, in the moment of selecting [Lie] option closing your eyes strongly?
    Si hoc imprimis intellegis, nolli dubitare, scribe me ad latine loquendum. Lingua est colenda.

    PAWS - Say NO to crown crates!

  • swippy
    swippy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sixty5 wrote: »
    Honesty isn't always the best policy.

    For instance if the phone rang, and someone asked you to tell them where you were so they can come and stab you, would you tell them the truth?

    it would be perfectly truthful for me to say "i'm not going to tell you that"

    okay now do a hard one
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ankhor8 wrote: »
    I seek an option to complete all missions while stating the Truth. In "Lifting the Veil" quest, the only option to proceed i have noticed, entails lying to Palomir. I also have the Alik'r Desert "Bergama" quest yet to be completed because of the same factor.
    What is your perspective on the value of providing a truthful option for these quests?

    I am all for telling the truth, that way you never have to remember what you said. However I am also of the understanding that telling her, "No, those pants don't make you look fat" just makes for a better life overall. Sometimes, avoiding the truth is taking the high road.

    As for the lie in this case, who are you lying to? Is this a real person who's opinion will matter? Are you hurting or deceiving a living thing? Are you gaining personal wealth and resources from this lie that you would not otherwise get by telling the truth?

    No, your convincing a video game character to do something so you can save the world in that game. In this case, your not killing a guard to get the blade, so your telling a lie to save someone's life. And, your telling a lie to a character that would otherwise kill you. So in this case, your adherence to always telling the truth is misplaced. Even if it was not a game.

    In this game, every time you are asked to be deceitful to resolve a quest positively, the greater good is being served.

    Also, to further the sense of Irony, your playing a game where the main activity is to kill NPCs and Mobs for most quests. Do you have a problem with the Killings and Murder you commit every play session? If you say no, it's because they are bad people, then you can use the same logic to justify the lie to them.

    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

    PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

  • ankhor8
    ankhor8
    ✭✭✭
    I kinda understand your position. May I suggest to play the quest, and, in the moment of selecting [Lie] option closing your eyes strongly?

    Real funny.
    Kota-Sax-Blood of True An-Xileel
    TrueAn-Xileel.guildlaunch.com
    Psn community page: An-Xileel
    Seth Salute
  • ankhor8
    ankhor8
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    ankhor8 wrote: »
    I seek an option to complete all missions while stating the Truth. In "Lifting the Veil" quest, the only option to proceed i have noticed, entails lying to Palomir. I also have the Alik'r Desert "Bergama" quest yet to be completed because of the same factor.
    What is your perspective on the value of providing a truthful option for these quests?

    I am all for telling the truth, that way you never have to remember what you said. However I am also of the understanding that telling her, "No, those pants don't make you look fat" just makes for a better life overall. Sometimes, avoiding the truth is taking the high road.

    As for the lie in this case, who are you lying to? Is this a real person who's opinion will matter? Are you hurting or deceiving a living thing? Are you gaining personal wealth and resources from this lie that you would not otherwise get by telling the truth?

    No, your convincing a video game character to do something so you can save the world in that game. In this case, your not killing a guard to get the blade, so your telling a lie to save someone's life. And, your telling a lie to a character that would otherwise kill you. So in this case, your adherence to always telling the truth is misplaced. Even if it was not a game.

    In this game, every time you are asked to be deceitful to resolve a quest positively, the greater good is being served.

    Also, to further the sense of Irony, your playing a game where the main activity is to kill NPCs and Mobs for most quests. Do you have a problem with the Killings and Murder you commit every play session? If you say no, it's because they are bad people, then you can use the same logic to justify the lie to them.

    Healthy reply.

    My maintenance of the truth is the act of being as i want my peers and role models to be. Whether it hurts other people or not is a minor concern. Being truthful and genuine grows my sense of self respect and honour, as doing so emulates Dominate role models i respect.
    If she looks fat in those pants, i'm telling her "yes you do." If she has an issue with it, she's not the type of person that should socialise with me. I do agree with refraining from sharing the truth. I do agree with redirecting attention so that the other shifts their attention. Similar not the same.
    In these two cases(bergama + skywatch), the lie is not required to defeat molag. It's mostly based on my interest in completing all the quests. If i need to be deceitful to succeed, i need to re-evaluate the goal. The path travelled is as important as the destination.

    In general, when we are strong, we are overt. When we are weak, we are covert. There are scenarios in which i may need to be covert in order to accomplish my goal. Regardless the NEED to hide stems from a state lacking power. I prefer be truthful in then lie, since one is naturally based more in a state of power than the other.
    A for killing and sending others to the void, i am comfortable with that. We are born, grow, decay and deport. That is the popular cycle known to us. Sending another elsewhere is as natural as bringing another here. No, i do not have a problem with the Killings and Murder committed in ever play session. Bad or good is a personal perspective. Birth growth decay and death are measurable states. I prefer to measure decisions more then support personal perspectives. Hence my perspectives are measured.
    Kota-Sax-Blood of True An-Xileel
    TrueAn-Xileel.guildlaunch.com
    Psn community page: An-Xileel
    Seth Salute
Sign In or Register to comment.