The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Warden tanky ice mage help

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    Jade1986 wrote: »
    What's her build?

CP, stats, gear, etc.

You could make it work, I might have some crazy ideas.

I do Sotha, so that simplifies things.

Stats Is 50 Health, 14 Mag
    Gear- I want to switch it out I want to keep Torugs for the buff, but the other 5 I need advice. Also use ice staves.
    Race is Orc
    I managed to get spell damage to 2,7 k with my stat allocation so far, which isnt too bad tbh, but the ability set up, good god, I need something useful! xD

Any other things, Ill write, just kinda busy today =P

If you are going to rely on shields to survive your allocation should be all in mag.

You can keep it in health but then I'd recommend Plague Doctor + Bone Shield and definitely relying on orocs for damage.

But you're still probably gonna want to put it all in mag

Can use healing ward and life giver. I know tree is op, but life giver would give minor beserk for 8 seconds if you conbat prayer.

What in the warden kit is boosted by orc DMG?

Lmfao... Typo,Proc it's supposed to be Proc damage
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's her build?

CP, stats, gear, etc.

Gear- I want to switch it out I want to keep Torugs for the buff, but the other 5 I need advice. Also use ice staves.
    Race is Orc
    I managed to get spell damage to 2,7 k with my stat allocation so far, which isnt too bad tbh, but the ability set up, good god, I need something useful! xD

If you are going to rely on shields to survive your allocation should be all in mag.

You can keep it in health but then I'd recommend Plague Doctor + Bone Shield and definitely relying on orocs for damage.

Can use healing ward and life giver. I know tree is op, but life giver would give minor beserk for 8 seconds if you conbat prayer.

Lol ok that now makes sense. Either way, OP should swap to either dark elf, Breton or high elf; the max mag passives help for shields.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Arobain
    Arobain
    ✭✭✭✭
    if you think mag wardens are weak in pvp, you either havent played one, or you dont know how to play one
  • Ron_Burgundy_79
    Ron_Burgundy_79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arobain wrote: »
    if you think mag wardens are weak in pvp, you either havent played one, or you dont know how to play one

Magwardens are great in groups.
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm running fortified brass, 1 domihaus, caluurion. Max magicka isn't that high, but I play as support. Mutagen, living trellis, nature's embrace on everyone, throw burst to help zerg people down. Super effective. Don't need to 1v1 when I can keep the whole group alive. I also only BG on this character.
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Here's the build I was running last year. Best in group pvp though, good for leading on to. I guess it's tanky ice mage?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilvOt7PzxCk

Edit: Just read you play on sotha which might be a problem. Build only works in CP coz you gotta stack befoul CP. Basically you reduce enemy healing to almost 0 and snare them to death as they slowly die to proc sets skoria and winterborn. :smiley:
    Edited by IxSTALKERxI on March 22, 2018 5:53PM
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What's her build?

CP, stats, gear, etc.

Race is Orc

Lol ok that now makes sense. Either way, OP should swap to either dark elf, Breton or high elf; the max mag passives help for shields.

Yes, but that would ruin my trial runs.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's her build?

CP, stats, gear, etc.

Race is Orc

No worries!
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What's her build?

CP, stats, gear, etc.

Race is Orc

No worries!

Pretty much chose Orc because its a great tank race. There really are no magicka tank races unfortunately, so I just picked that. :/ Im def taking all this into consideration.

HOWEVER, I recently discovered my love for NBs of all types. So I made a Shadowknight tank, a Blood Healer and a MagNB. Kinda lining them up for summerset.
  • Torbschka
    Torbschka
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just adjusted mmy build and now using :

5x necro (3x jewelry, 1x body, 1x Frost staff)
    5x Wizards (4x body, 1x 2H sword)
    2x monster of ur choice (valkyn, pirate if u wanna tank zergs)

Bars:
    Wall, fissure, mage light, shield, clench/pulse/bird - Northern storm

Netch, shimmering, vines , forward momentum, armor buff - 2h ulti/tree ulti

To Marke this op:
    1. run serpent mundus
    2. use haijkejo on all pieces
    3. 6 points into health / stam - rest mag
    4. use bufffood of ur choice and adjuste jewelry enchants (max mag + reg, wothmothers, tristat , max mag + stam regen for the 1,8k stam regen)
    5. use green or blue netch, switch to atro or serpent, I prefer blue since its part of my defensive rota (heal + cleanse at no cost)
    6. use double DMG poison to proc skoria (this + wall + ulti proccs it very orten)

This is the best 1vX open world build for mag warden IMO, not talking bg's smallgroups, speaking about heavily outnumbered fights.

DMG with necro Front (+all the %+mag skills Front and the shield) is very good with valkyn, tankyness with wizard and the added mobility is very very good) its better as mist form IMO.

Frost staff is there to slow/"lay down ur house" , combo is actually
    Fissure - pulse - wall - pulse. So use wall right before fissure stuns, so they at least will get 4 ticks out of it.

Hope it helps u out :)
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Torbschka wrote: »
    I just adjusted mmy build and now using :

5x necro (3x jewelry, 1x body, 1x Frost staff)
    5x Wizards (4x body, 1x 2H sword)
    2x monster of ur choice (valkyn, pirate if u wanna tank zergs)

Bars:
    Wall, fissure, mage light, shield, clench/pulse/bird - Northern storm

Netch, shimmering, vines , forward momentum, armor buff - 2h ulti/tree ulti

To Marke this op:
    1. run serpent mundus
    2. use haijkejo on all pieces
    3. 6 points into health / stam - rest mag
    4. use bufffood of ur choice and adjuste jewelry enchants (max mag + reg, wothmothers, tristat , max mag + stam regen for the 1,8k stam regen)
    5. use green or blue netch, switch to atro or serpent, I prefer blue since its part of my defensive rota (heal + cleanse at no cost)
    6. use double DMG poison to proc skoria (this + wall + ulti proccs it very orten)

This is the best 1vX open world build for mag warden IMO, not talking bg's smallgroups, speaking about heavily outnumbered fights.

DMG with necro Front (+all the %+mag skills Front and the shield) is very good with valkyn, tankyness with wizard and the added mobility is very very good) its better as mist form IMO.

Frost staff is there to slow/"lay down ur house" , combo is actually
    Fissure - pulse - wall - pulse. So use wall right before fissure stuns, so they at least will get 4 ticks out of it.

Hope it helps u out :)

That was incredibly well thought out, Screenshotted =). Thnx. You guys have been super helpful actually, i was worried people were just gonna be like " DONT DO IT SENIOR!" Or something. xD.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I decided to sub trellis for winter's revenge, this is how it did

PXqlouh.png
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arobain wrote: »
    Well, why don't you go ahead educate us on how to play a Magicka Warden, then? There aren't very many at all in Battlegrounds on PC-NA (never have been, but it's even fewer now than it used to be), and to be honest they're generally one of the least threatening classes out there, assuming roughly equivalent skill levels. I can put up some pretty good "scoreboard damage" on my Mag Warden, but actually landing kills against good players is quite difficult - much moreso than on a Magicka Sorcerer.

I've played around with a frost oriented build in the past, but I'm not yet fully convinced that it's all that great (though I'd like for it to be :( ). The main issues were that survivability just wasn't very good, and most players that don't want to die to it, probably won't...a couple dodge rolls is all it really takes. And that's one of my big gripes with Magicka Warden - you can't really flee from unwinnable fights, but other people can flee from you almost at will (at least now with Cliff Racers being dodgeable).
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hutch679 wrote: »
    I'm running fortified brass, 1 domihaus, caluurion. Max magicka isn't that high, but I play as support. Mutagen, living trellis, nature's embrace on everyone, throw burst to help zerg people down. Super effective. Don't need to 1v1 when I can keep the whole group alive. I also only BG on this character.

Can vouch his build is really effective!