The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Selene bear attack on vet

BuyMe500Pugs_Please
Curious to know if you can survive this on a high health tank stacking shields? Or is this a one shot no matter what?

Best Answer

• Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think you can live it with just block.

But honestly, why would you ever take the hit, it's super easy to avoid.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
    Answer ✓
  • erlewine
    erlewine
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't hit that hard with block. 20k or so. but like above poster said.. why would you let it hit you?
    eisley the worst
  • BuyMe500Pugs_Please
    No real reason tbh just wondered if it was a one shot, I'm suprised it doesn't hit harder.
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No real reason tbh just wondered if it was a one shot, I'm suprised it doesn't hit harder.

A lot of the myth comes from a few patches ago where you couldn't block it, in which case you were looking at a 40k slam. And at that time pretty much no tanks ran anywhere near that amount of HP.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sixty5 wrote: »
    I think you can live it with just block.

But honestly, why would you ever take the hit, it's super easy to avoid.

Lag. I have to block the second I see her start winding up for the attack because if I'm any later I run the risk of my game not recognizing that I blocked. Sometimes its forgiving and not laggy, and other times I'm like "I blocked that!!! Sorry guys, need a rez."
  • raj72616a
    raj72616a
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    at 30k health it's one shot if blocked

anyone tested how much health is needed to survive it?
  • Diddly_D_Potatoes
    Diddly_D_Potatoes
    ✭✭✭
    It will kill regardless of how much may hp or shields you have stacked.

Have died to it on a 73hp dk tank with bone shield, igneous shield, and the leap shield. So it will kill you blocking, with 73k hp and a 140k+ shield.

There are a few mechanic that will kill you no matter what. Another is the red ring in Spindle 2, no amount of hp or shields will save you from that.

Edited by Diddly_D_Potatoes on March 23, 2018 1:57PM
  • crobarXIII
    crobarXIII
    ✭✭✭
    I remember when that attack was a guaranteed one shot before they nerfed it. I had just got used to side stepping from the one shot days. I think it used to hit for like 80k through block. Just look for the telegraph & step to the side of the boss.
    PS4-NA-1000+cp
    Nightblade-Redguard-Stamina Dps : Nightblade-Argonian-Tank : Dragonknight-Imperial-Tank : Dragonknight-Darkelf-Magicka Dps
    Sorcerer-Khajiit-Stamina Dps : Sorcerer-Highelf-Magicka Dps : Templar-Redguard-Stamina Dps : Templar-Highelf-Magicka Dps
    Warden-Imperial-Tank : Warden-Highelf-Magicka Dps