The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Medium armor needs a buff! (PVP only)

StaticWave
StaticWave
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Medium armor as of right now is weaker than heavy armor and light armor. Most people run heavy armor with forward momentum, with the exception of gank blades who still run medium. I think a good way to make medium armor somewhat viable in openworld is to rework the sneak passive, since it's utterly useless in most situations. Forward momentum's 8s snare and root immunity allows heavy armor builds to have better mobility than medium armor builds, while being more tanky. Since medium armor builds rely on evasion and dodge roll to mitigate damage, it makes sense to rework the sneak passive into something else that complements the medium armor playstyle, which is about evasiveness and mobility. I think making the new passive reduces the effectiveness of snare by a flat amount would be great, or at the very least increases the effectiveness reduction with each armor piece worn. Or, they could make the new passive increases the duration of dodge that you get after exiting a dodgeroll by 0.3s per medium armor piece. What do you guys think?
Platform:
PC NA

Main:
Static Wave - AD stamsorc

• Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd say double the base duration on shuffle and add immunity to immobilisations.

Gives you a much better reason to run medium, and it is less toxic than being able to dodge attacks for 3 whole seconds after a roll.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nightblades do not need a buff.
  • wsmith97ub17_ESO
    wsmith97ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    You might think nb dont need a buff since most nb in pvp are heavy armor builds since heavy is over the top broke.

Heavy armor should not be pvp bis for high dps and sustain AND protection.

Medium armor DOES need some attention and heavy armor needs to be gutted.
    It is the mind, that is the mind, confusing the mind. Do not leave the mind, oh mind, to the mind.
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You might think nb dont need a buff since most nb in pvp are heavy armor builds since heavy is over the top broke.

The only reason Heavy is performing so well is because sets like 7th, Ravager and Fury exist. I'd rather not see an entire class of armour "gutted" just because a few offensive sets are performing well in PVP.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If we buff medium we need to buff light too, just sayin. Stamina has the option of medium or heavy, magicka effectively doesnt for many reasons. Medium gets all the equivalent passives of light except penetration however medium gets weapon damage movement speed dodge roll cost sneak cost detect radius and higher resistances. Stamina has easy access to armor debuffs and a choice of many offensive weapons including Maul. Magica has one offensive weapon. Let's not get it twisted. Light is definitely not better.

Sets like fury and 7th are over performing. Big damage and big heals on top of heavy resistances and passives makes medium less desirable, however medium isn't bad compared to light. I would prefer we nerf the over-performing heavy sets. You should never be doing more damage in heavy than you are in medium or light. Thats just broken.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speaking about passives that make little sense for the way an armor type is played, medium armor is better of than light armor. Spell warding is useless and makes 0 sense for a light armor user. Light armor users are either heal bots that stand 30 meters away from trouble and insta die if anything looks at them, or they rely on damage shields as their only defense.

And spell resistance does not aid the light armor playstyle in any way. Medium armor still offers much more passive effects than light armor does. Medium armor may use buffs/reworks, but so does light armor. Heavy armor is still king in my opinion.
    Edited by Dracane on March 19, 2018 7:16PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sixty5 wrote: »
    I'd say double the base duration on shuffle and add immunity to immobilisations.

Gives you a much better reason to run medium, and it is less toxic than being able to dodge attacks for 3 whole seconds after a roll.

Shuffle has immunity to immobilization, but it's only 2.5s with 5 medium pieces. That's still 5.5s less than forward momentum, and it costs a lot more.
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:

• StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    Nightblades do not need a buff.

This is a medium armor buff thread, not a nb buff thread.
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:

• StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I think heavy armor is fine where it is. It's overperforming because sets like fury, 7th legion, ravager, allow the user to stack health and resist so when the set procs they gain an equal amount of damage that a medium armor build has.
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:

• Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    StaticWave wrote: »

Shuffle has immunity to immobilization, but it's only 2.5s with 5 medium pieces. That's still 5.5s less than forward momentum, and it costs a lot more.

That's why I said double the base duration of the snare immunity.

• StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xeven wrote: »
    If we buff medium we need to buff light too, just sayin. Stamina has the option of medium or heavy, magicka effectively doesnt for many reasons. Medium gets all the equivalent passives of light except penetration however medium gets weapon damage movement speed dodge roll cost sneak cost detect radius and higher resistances. Stamina has easy access to armor debuffs and a choice of many offensive weapons including Maul. Magica has one offensive weapon. Let's not get it twisted. Light is definitely not better.

Sets like fury and 7th are over performing. Big damage and big heals on top of heavy resistances and passives makes medium less desirable, however medium isn't bad compared to light. I would prefer we nerf the over-performing heavy sets. You should never be doing more damage in heavy than you are in medium or light. Thats just broken.

You can run heavy armor magicka builds too though. medium and light both get cost reduction, recovery, dmg, and crit. But light armor gets a line that increases spell resist. Medium armor sneak passive is useless in most situations. Light armor has access to shields which are very strong in 1v1, in addition to dodging and blocking if they run high stam regen.
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:

• Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol, sneak pasives of all kinds are vital at pvp. Ppl saying otherwise have no idea.
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    StaticWave wrote: »

That's why I said double the base duration of the snare immunity.

You said add immunity to immobilization which shuffle already did.
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main: