The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Dying in outfit system - tech details?

ghastley
ghastley
✭✭✭✭✭
Have we yet determined the details of how a dye affects the material when used in the outfit system? We know from the existing use with costumes that different materials are affected differently by dyes, but I haven't seen the gory detail anywhere. It's not just a hue replacement, or the black/white dyes wouldn't do anything. There must be a chroma effect, and a lightness one. I've seen changes to gloss/specularity as well. Do all dyes work the same way, or do higher tiers affect more? E.g. there are multiple blacks, and some seem to affect gloss.

One of my characters would like to wield golden axes, and knowing the "how" would cut down a lot of trial-and-error time at the Outfit Station.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those details aren't available as of yet, @ghastley ... mainly becuase of the massive undertaking it would be to document each dye on each material style.

There was another thread on this recently. A few players have some interest in doing this, but you're starting to talk about exponentials when dealing with combinations of dyes, armor weight, and motif style.

For now, the best gold you can use on weapons is the Transliminal Violet dye ... unlocked when completing the Molag Bal event (Imperial Lightbringer) in the central part of the Imperial Sewers.

Here's a picture of my Stamina Nightblade with a Ravager Greatsword (Ebony style) dyed with Transliminal Violet.

AjcT9G0.png

Yt4Re3g.png
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't want a multiplication table, I want to know if the operation is really multiplication. That is, what is the operator in Material * dye = result? I suspect that operator is dependent on tier, but don't know.