The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Why does this crafting station become unusable after exiting the house?

• Darth_Trumpious
    Darth_Trumpious
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bump again to record and check how long does it take for ZOS to work or respond on this.

I am going to keep recording the problem and see how long it takes for this issue to be solved.

As of June 2, 2018
    As of June 9, 2018 - Still not solved or heard back from ZOS.
    As of June 21, 2018 - all is kept silent. No fix.

Sorry for bugging you Gina @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Bump again to record and check how long does it take for ZOS to work or respond on this.

I am going to keep recording the problem and see how long it takes for this issue to be solved.

As of June 2, 2018

Bump again.

As of June 2, 2018
    As of June 21, 2018 - All is silent. Tables remain bugged.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom :'(
  • Cruggs
    Cruggs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to "push" this thread again, because it is really an ugly bug.
    OK, you can play the game, but all the work I've done right now is ... well...
    We in Germany say "für die Katz'" or "für'n A....".
    It is very annoying, especially since it worked not so long ago.

I ask for leniency for my "push".
    Hey! Wo ist mein Schwein? Wer hat mein Schwein?
    Man weiß nie, was passiert, wenn man es nicht ausprobiert...
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am now a pusher as well. I did not experience this bug until about a week or two ago, at which point I started moving my crafting stations farther apart. In some cases they are now apart by the distance of a craft station and it is still happening.

Basically, unless they have rights to move furnishings, the craft stations are unusable.
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    needs to be green when you place it
    Say NO to Crown Crates. Crown Crates are Loot Boxes. Loot Boxes are gambling. Zenimax makes enough money off us.
    ESO+ is part of the "Games as a service" trend. A trend that needs to die. Subscribe only when you need Crowns for DLC.
    Say no to "radiant" junk quests replacing proper side content and the dumbing down of our favorite franchises.
    PCMR EU.
  • Cruggs
    Cruggs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @stitchesofdooom
    Yes, you are right, but I think we all know that.
    But there is really a bug, when you place the tables on wooden floors:
    When you leave your home and come back immediately you can not use the tables until you correct the position of one of them "to green".

Own quote:
    "[...]Therefore, it recommended to place the tables on wooden floors, since they worked there in almost any orientation right away.[...]"
    and
    "[...]After that you could only use these tables again if you activated one (!) Of the tables with "F5" and set them down again.
    Then suddenly all (!) Tables worked as if by magic.
    Unfortunately, you have to do this every time you enter the home.[...]
    "
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cruggs wrote: »
    @stitchesofdooom
    When you leave your home and come back immediately you can not use the tables until you correct the position of one of them "to green".

Own quote:
    "[...]Therefore, it recommended to place the tables on wooden floors, since they worked there in almost any orientation right away.[...]"
    and
    "[...]After that you could only use these tables again if you activated one (!) Of the tables with "F5" and set them down again.
    "

righto mate. So put em elsewhere?
    Say NO to Crown Crates. Crown Crates are Loot Boxes. Loot Boxes are gambling. Zenimax makes enough money off us.
    ESO+ is part of the "Games as a service" trend. A trend that needs to die. Subscribe only when you need Crowns for DLC.
    Say no to "radiant" junk quests replacing proper side content and the dumbing down of our favorite franchises.
    PCMR EU.
  • mrpaxman
    mrpaxman
    ✭✭✭
    6 out of 6 guild halls i know have had the issue where many of the hundreds of set stations are not interactable until the movement of any 1 item on the property as a temporary fix. Then instantly everything works for everyone. Including at my own guild house. And other guild members i know have the issue while owning the regular stations only at their houses. Planks or platforms of any type seem to increase the odds of this bug striking. Yet i have seen it first hand at the Craglorn cavern and Princely Dawnlight palace with hundreds of stations at those houses and no platforms used. The Craglorn cavern guild hall im referring to had all the stations on planks with no issue for many months above the ground height and over the water. The stations were moved to the natural flooring until the bug struck a few weeks later. Many of the stations not working until the temporary fix was done. That person moved all the stations to a new house and has them on natural flooring with little else done to the place and no issue since. that happened around 12 months a go. The choice of house the stations are placed at seems to have no affect. there is many threads about this topic. Many guilds i know are experiencing this issue still to this day. People have reported it to be happening on all platforms. Jewelry stations seem to be fine. as all my assistants and DPS dummies on the same flooring. I have had this issue not long after Summerset strike at a house that had no issue for almost 12 months. since then i have changed houses and had no bug until it struck again about 2 weeks later and has been like that ever since.
    Victory or Valhalla!
    PC NA
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cruggs wrote: »
    @stitchesofdooom

Own quote:
    and
    "

It's not just wooden floors. I have been using the ballroom pieces and they do the same thing. They worked fine until relatively recently.
  • Darth_Trumpious
    Darth_Trumpious
    ✭✭✭✭

As of June 2, 2018

As of June 2, 2018

As of June 2, 2018

Bump again.

As of June 2, 2018

Bump again.

As of June 2, 2018
    As of July 2, 2018 - happiness is loneliness

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • Cruggs
    Cruggs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    righto mate. So put em elsewhere?

Well, please read my first comment in this thread (#31, June 21)

"Anyway, I'm not the only one who has this bug to complain about.
    But I'm obviously the one who's most affected by it:
    I chose the Earthtear Cavern as a guild home and spared no expense or effort
    cover much of the water surface with wooden floors.
    On the wooden floors are pavilions, which should actually accommodate the set-tables (crafting stations)."
  • Alhatariel
    Alhatariel
    ✭✭✭
    I have the same problem: after Sommerset came did I not spare money or time to make the Eart.Cave, which is our guildhouse, into a complete re-decoration completely into high elven style. I placed the alinor white floor over the entire cave which really makes a difference. But now all craftingstations, transmutate station and outfitstation dont work anymore. When I reset them , or replace them until they are green again it works for 5 minutes. I use the `Let there be Light` add-on and that is a nice away around the problem, but now all guildies that want to use the equipment in our guildhouse have to get me to our guildhouse to reset them to make them able to use the stations again. Very frustrating, this.
    I am hoping for a quick fix for this.
  • Darth_Trumpious
    Darth_Trumpious
    ✭✭✭✭

As of June 2, 2018

As of June 2, 2018

As of June 2, 2018

Bump again.

As of June 2, 2018

Bump again.

As of June 2, 2018

As of June 2, 2018
    As of July 9, 2018 - happiness is loneliness

• MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am getting this bug as well now. Have to reset my blacksmithing station every time I enter the house. Other stations work fine

I have to place my crafting stations on planks/boards because of this bug in Princely Dawnlight Palace where there is a false floor, causing objects to float. As such, I have to place them on elevated boards so they don't look like they're floating off the ground.

Screenshots of my crafting area:

4QdMLTT.jpg

Why I need the platforms (objects float off the floor if they aren't on a platform:

UhYBAZW.jpg

And yes, they need to be here as I need all my stations to be next to the house entrance. The whole point of a house is to be more convenient than towns.

@ZOS_GinaBruno

EDIT: I found a fix (sort of). CLIPPING the station slightly into the platform actually makes it usable...
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on July 22, 2018 10:01PM
  • Cruggs
    Cruggs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There seems to be some good news on the subject:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/422408/crafting-station-become-unusable-after-exiting-the-house

Post #20 is from @ZOS_GinaBruno:
    Thanks for the reports on this, everyone. Just confirming we are aware and are investigating a fix for this.