The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Super Chill TES Discord Server - LGBTQ Friendly!

TheRiversEdge
TheRiversEdge
✭✭✭
Do you want a chill place to:

- Casually discuss TES stuff and have some freedom to joke around?
- Enjoy TES discussions in an LGBTQ-friendly space?
- Meet other laid-back TES fans?
- Discuss and share characters?
- Share dumb TES memes?????

Then you have come to the right place! There is definitely a large focus on ESO, but other TES games can be discussed as well. If we get enough members, perhaps we can start holding some casual events as well, both in-game and not. Who knows, maybe it could one day become an entire guild!

But, basically, if your sense of humor is dumb enough to register the below image as funny, we'd love for you to join. Keep in mind though, it's 18+ which should go without saying but, still.

>> JOIN HERE <<

youknowhehadtodoittoem.JPG
Edited by TheRiversEdge on March 18, 2018 10:52PM
~ PC/NA ~
In-game ID:
TheRiversEdge
Mains: Evrehn (Khajiit Stam NB) & Edolas Tytothorn (Bosmer Warden)
PVP: AD
  • TheRiversEdge
    TheRiversEdge
    ✭✭✭
    Please ALSO keep in mind that while this server is chill, it can only stay chill if members abide by the rules in the screenshot below:

3be98d3ffccdc2346381b8e2727523d5.png
    ~ PC/NA ~
    In-game ID:
    TheRiversEdge
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    that's great to see the eso community, provide a community for so many people...

just wondering - what does the q stand for?

Edit: just looked it up...

best of luck and fun :)
    Edited by geonsocal on March 19, 2018 12:35AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • TheRiversEdge
    TheRiversEdge
    ✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    that's great to see the eso community, provide a community for so many people...

I'm glad!!! And the Q technically isn't an official part of the acronym but it covers a lot of bases so it's used often. It stands for qu*er which is a term a lot of people in the LGBT community have reclaimed for themselves.
    Edited by TheRiversEdge on March 19, 2018 12:41AM
    ~ PC/NA ~
    In-game ID:
    TheRiversEdge
  • 117Dios
    117Dios
    ✭✭✭
    ...can I understand why do you have to point out that it is "LGBTQ friendly"? Like, isn't "friendly" enough? And why is it a central focus of the server identity? Am I missing something? Don't want to sound rude but that wording makes some bells ring
  • phermitgb
    phermitgb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't necessarily want to be "that guy", but there's no way around this...

rule II - " ...this isn't the place to vent frustrations or create discourse..."

perhaps you meant "...or create discord..." or start a fight" or whatever - I assume you meant that this was not a place to make people angry or start argumentative attacks

the reason I bring it up, is that "discourse" is just communication, which is actually EXACTLY what it sounds like you created the site for

and yes, I see the irony in using discord to create a discussion area that is not a place to create discord...but still

point being, I appreciate the intent of your discord site, and wish it well - but in the interests of not having someone constantly point out the above questionable grammar, you might want to rewrite that particular word

just trying to help - honest
    "There is no correct resolution; It's a test of character."
    James T. Kirk
  • TheRiversEdge
    TheRiversEdge
    ✭✭✭
    117Dios wrote: »
    ...can I understand why do you have to point out that it is "LGBTQ friendly"? Like, isn't "friendly" enough? And why is it a central focus of the server identity? Am I missing something? Don't want to sound rude but that wording makes some bells ring

Well, that's because a lot of Discord servers aren't very LGBTQ friendly. This server is labeled as such because myself and many of the other members are part of that community and would like to enjoy a server that isn't riddled with homophobic/transphobic jokes or comments. Some might see this as the opposite of chill, but that's fine. The less homophobic/transphobic behavior we have in the server, the more relaxed of an environment it is. Hope that makes more sense!
    ~ PC/NA ~
    In-game ID:
    TheRiversEdge
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    "freedom to joke around"

Unless someone is offended in which you have the freedom to leave.
  • TheRiversEdge
    TheRiversEdge
    ✭✭✭
    phermitgb wrote: »

rule II - " ...this isn't the place to vent frustrations or create discourse..."

perhaps you meant "...or create discord..." or start a fight" or whatever - I assume you meant that this was not a place to make people angry or start argumentative attacks

the reason I bring it up, is that "discourse" is just communication, which is actually EXACTLY what it sounds like you created the site for

and yes, I see the irony in using discord to create a discussion area that is not a place to create discord...but still

point being, I appreciate the intent of your discord site, and wish it well - but in the interests of not having someone constantly point out the above questionable grammar, you might want to rewrite that particular word

I understand what you're saying, and I do appreciate the suggestion, though the reason I used the term "discourse" is because in most communities I'm in, discourse is a word generally used by others to describe hostile arguments. It's not technically correct, but I think it gets the point across. Of course, friendly debate is 100% welcome. My apologies if that wasn't clear.
    ~ PC/NA ~
    In-game ID:
    TheRiversEdge
  • TheRiversEdge
    TheRiversEdge
    ✭✭✭
    "freedom to joke around"

Unless someone is offended in which you have the freedom to leave.

Hey, just don't joke at the expense of others' struggles, and you'll be fine! There are plenty of ways to joke around and have fun without being edgy. If you disagree with our rules, you don't need to join.
    ~ PC/NA ~
    In-game ID:
    TheRiversEdge
  • phermitgb
    phermitgb
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I understand what you're saying, and I do appreciate the suggestion, though the reason I used the term "discourse" is because in most communities I'm in, discourse is a word generally used by others to describe hostile arguments. It's not technically correct, but I think it gets the point across. Of course, friendly debate is 100% welcome. My apologies if that wasn't clear.

no worries - your site, you use the language you want - just offering up a suggestion
    and yes, people frequently use the wrong words for particular ideas...and it spreads...and builds...and...

sorry - english major - on an unrelated note, also not for you particularly, just a statement in general...

URBAN DICTIONARY IS **NOT** AN AUTHORITATIVE SOURCE OF THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE!!!
    Edited by phermitgb on March 19, 2018 1:08AM
    "There is no correct resolution; It's a test of character."
    James T. Kirk
  • MinarasLaure
    MinarasLaure
    ✭✭✭✭

Because words like [snip] are used too often, especially in pvp.
    Many times they're just random insults cause people run out of "ideas" , and they don't really mean to insult that specific category, but still, it is offensive to lgtbq people.

[Edited for bypassing the filter]
    Edited by ZOS_Ragnar on March 19, 2018 12:27PM
  • ThinkerOfThings
    ThinkerOfThings
    ✭✭✭

Well, that's because a lot of Discord servers aren't very LGBTQ friendly. This server is labeled as such because myself and many of the other members are part of that community and would like to enjoy a server that isn't riddled with homophobic/transphobic jokes or comments. Some might see this as the opposite of chill, but that's fine. The less homophobic/transphobic behavior we have in the server, the more relaxed of an environment it is. Hope that makes more sense!

It's not just discord servers...
    "It is very, very sad being mortal. There is happiness, yes. But mostly sadness. As I have said, count only the happy hours." - Vivec
    XBOX - EP: Sen Sadri ( DE NB )
  • TheRiversEdge
    TheRiversEdge
    ✭✭✭

Because words like [snip] are used too often, especially in pvp.
    Many times they're just random insults cause people run out of "ideas" , and they don't really mean to insult that specific category, but still, it is offensive to lgtbq people.
    [Edited for bypassing the filter]

^^^^^^^^^^^^ well said
    Edited by ZOS_Ragnar on March 19, 2018 12:28PM
    ~ PC/NA ~
    In-game ID:
    TheRiversEdge
  • TheRiversEdge
    TheRiversEdge
    ✭✭✭

It's not just discord servers...

Oh definitely not, but I mention Discord servers specifically since that's what's being asked about haha
    ~ PC/NA ~
    In-game ID:
    TheRiversEdge
  • Stefirex
    Stefirex
    ✭✭✭

And another troll pops their head in. I get this question daily when I advertise an LGBT Friendly guild. We specify it because people in the real world and in the game can be decidedly ANTI-LGBT Friendly. Specifying it makes certain that you know what's expected of you if you join the guild or this server. Doesn't matter how many times you explain this though, people will still ask the same tired question and wonder why you think they're being rude. If you don't like how a guild, game, Discord, TS or other gathering is advertised. DON'T JOIN IT! It's quite simple really.
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @TheRiversEdge I see Sotha Sil did a technological breakthrough... I hope we get new mounts as BMW and Porsche soon!
  • TheRiversEdge
    TheRiversEdge
    ✭✭✭
    @TheRiversEdge I see Sotha Sil did a technological breakthrough... I hope we get new mounts as BMW and Porsche soon!

L M A O now wouldn't that be something...
    ~ PC/NA ~
    In-game ID:
    TheRiversEdge
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Stefirex wrote: »

And another troll pops their head in. I get this question daily when I advertise an LGBT Friendly guild. We specify it because people in the real world and in the game can be decidedly ANTI-LGBT Friendly. Specifying it makes certain that you know what's expected of you if you join the guild or this server. Doesn't matter how many times you explain this though, people will still ask the same tired question and wonder why you think they're being rude. If you don't like how a guild, game, Discord, TS or other gathering is advertised. DON'T JOIN IT! It's quite simple really.

But this attitude is defeating the purpose. You want understanding and acceptance but call people trolls when they ask a question and are probably trying to understand. Its hard to be accepting when you dont even understand isnt it? Let's see if i can help you understand.

I am a straight person. I dont care about your sex, sexual preference, race, religion, or favorite food. We just play a video game together. I dont see people of " Race X" advertising "Race X friendly guild/chat/etc." I dont see people of " Religion Y" advertising "Religion Y or friends of religion Y" and i dont see straight people advertising "Straight only".

Why dont i see these things but i always see LBGTQ? And furthermore why should anyone care what your preferences are if we are just playing a game? This is what is confusing to straight people. I mean your purpose could just be interpreted as stirring the pot or even baiting people to react. AKA: your just doing it to cause trouble. Its a legit assumption because some people just feel the need to force their beliefs or preferences on everyone, regardless of what that may be in a variety of categories.

And then @MinarasLaure gave an answer the rest of us can understand. As a straight person i see those words as fairly harmless, though extremely childish. And even then it gets on my nerves to listen to someone attempt to use them as insult. And when use against me i usually just say something funny like " Only with you" and laugh it off.

But it does make sense now why LBGTQ players may want an environment in which they dont have to listen to that crap. I even get tired of it as a straight person. I can imagine its far worse for them. See i understand the premise of these "LBGTQ friendly" organizations in games now. I am no longer Q as in questioning.

No insults needed, no defense or justification just an explanation of the logic behind it was enough. That is all.
  • datgladiatah
    datgladiatah
    ✭✭✭

Are you LGBT? Most of us just want to be with people like us because people like to think we can all be uniform with the *** homophobic gaming community. Sometimes we don't want be called slurs or be erased in conversations by people who aren't comfortable being open about ourselves. Just some food for thought
  • datgladiatah
    datgladiatah
    ✭✭✭

But this attitude is defeating the purpose. You want understanding and acceptance but call people trolls when they ask a question and are probably trying to understand. Its hard to be accepting when you dont even understand isnt it? Let's see if i can help you understand.

I am a straight person. I dont care about your sex, sexual preference, race, religion, or favorite food. We just play a video game together. I dont see people of " Race X" advertising "Race X friendly guild/chat/etc." I dont see people of " Religion Y" advertising "Religion Y or friends of religion Y" and i dont see straight people advertising "Straight only".

Why dont i see these things but i always see LBGTQ? And furthermore why should anyone care what your preferences are if we are just playing a game? This is what is confusing to straight people. I mean your purpose could just be interpreted as stirring the pot or even baiting people to react. AKA: your just doing it to cause trouble. Its a legit assumption because some people just feel the need to force their beliefs or preferences on everyone, regardless of what that may be in a variety of categories.

And then @MinarasLaure gave an answer the rest of us can understand. As a straight person i see those words as fairly harmless, though extremely childish. And even then it gets on my nerves to listen to someone attempt to use them as insult. And when use against me i usually just say something funny like " Only with you" and laugh it off.

But it does make sense now why LBGTQ players may want an environment in which they dont have to listen to that crap. I even get tired of it as a straight person. I can imagine its far worse for them. See i understand the premise of these "LBGTQ friendly" organizations in games now. I am no longer Q as in questioning.

No insults needed, no defense or justification just an explanation of the logic behind it was enough. That is all.

If you want to erase our existence because it makes you uncomfortable, you don't have to join the discussion. You don't get it because you're not a part of what we experience on a daily basis, especially in the gaming community. Other LGBTQ people would rather be with people like them because we 'get' it, we get each other. Straight people, as you demonstrated, simply don't. We'd rather be seen for who we are and be understood because decades of homophobia and trauma makes us seek out similar companionship.
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »

I'm glad!!! And the Q technically isn't an official part of the acronym but it covers a lot of bases so it's used often. It stands for qu*er which is a term a lot of people in the LGBT community have reclaimed for themselves.

In Canada, it has been extended to LGBTQ2
    in order to include a traditional classification of individuals from First Nations
    known as "two spirited"

Do not use Discord much, but may very well look into joining
    thank you for sharing
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to start a straight white male friendly guild and advertise it as such. Think that'd go over well?

on a totally philosophical note...

when people describe a service, organization, site, whatever - as being specifically "group" friendly - does that mean that it is inherently UN-friendly to all other groups?

Or only that all other groups are assumed to receive "friendly" treatment and that the specified group is generally assumed to be a category that finds un-friendly reception by default, and so you have to specify that your particular organization is friendly to that particular group?

I feel like I explained that poorly

as an example - "gay" groups are generally expected to sometimes be the subjects of prejudice, which is why various sites/organizations had to describe themselves as being "gay" friendly - it was already assumed that those groups were, for example, white friendly, black friendly, male/female friendly, etc...(I'm guessing)

but, you could very easily assume that it's the other way around - that any group describing itself as "group" friendly is inherently UN-friendly (or at least doesn't guarantee friendly reception) to other groups

not making a judgement either way - just curious which way people swing - are non-specified "friendly" groups EX-clusionary, or IN-clusionary?...

From my experience LBGTQ people in real life are quite friendly towards straight people, in fact they are almost always more friendly than straight people and not because they are hitting on you which is an absurd assumption that straight people have as if a straight person hits on every person of the opposite sex.

But anyway, the wife and i have been to LBGTQ nightclubs and i found them to be accepting and friendly even though we were obviously straight. Actually my wife prefers to go to LBGTQ nightclubs because the people there are more "lively". They are more fun and give it a more club like atmosphere.

Though on the internet, they seem a bit more hostile... but doesnt everyone?
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Thank you for taking the time to write up a look in to why there is struggle to communicate and comprehend at times
    and thank you for taking the time to reflect and recognize the struggles of others

not directly related to LGBT struggles
    but a somewhat relevant video regarding the impact of another word that is thrown around to 'insult' people
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zz6xw6mHFV4

"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to start a straight white male friendly guild and advertise it as such. Think that'd go over well?

on a totally philosophical note...

when people describe a service, organization, site, whatever - as being specifically "group" friendly - does that mean that it is inherently UN-friendly to all other groups?

Or only that all other groups are assumed to receive "friendly" treatment and that the specified group is generally assumed to be a category that finds un-friendly reception by default, and so you have to specify that your particular organization is friendly to that particular group?

I feel like I explained that poorly

as an example - "gay" groups are generally expected to sometimes be the subjects of prejudice, which is why various sites/organizations had to describe themselves as being "gay" friendly - it was already assumed that those groups were, for example, white friendly, black friendly, male/female friendly, etc...(I'm guessing)

but, you could very easily assume that it's the other way around - that any group describing itself as "group" friendly is inherently UN-friendly (or at least doesn't guarantee friendly reception) to other groups

not making a judgement either way - just curious which way people swing - are non-specified "friendly" groups EX-clusionary, or IN-clusionary?...

Some folks think that mentioning LGBTQ+ is inherently hostile to straights, somehow. For these people, anything that acknowledges that minorities exist is considered an attack. I'm not saying that's what the person you're responding to believes, but it's at the very least probably coming from an adjacent mindset.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

If you want to erase our existence because it makes you uncomfortable, you don't have to join the discussion. You don't get it because you're not a part of what we experience on a daily basis, especially in the gaming community. Other LGBTQ people would rather be with people like them because we 'get' it, we get each other. Straight people, as you demonstrated, simply don't. We'd rather be seen for who we are and be understood because decades of homophobia and trauma makes us seek out similar companionship.

Your post tells me you immediately see all straight people as hostile to you. Read my post again, carefully. Nothing hostile in it. Then read my other post below that one. If i wanted to "erase" your existence, why would i willingly go with my wife to an LBGTQ nightclub?

If you want people to tolerate you, you have to start by tolerating them. That is a two way street. If you treat all straight people with hostility not only do you make them react in a hostile way but you set a bad example and defeat your goal of acceptance. How can i accept someone who is being hostile to me for no apparent reason?
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you want a chill place to:

- Casually discuss TES stuff and have some freedom to joke around?
    - Enjoy TES discussions in an LGBTQ-friendly space?
    - Meet other laid-back TES fans?
    - Discuss and share characters?
    - Share dumb TES memes?????

Then you have come to the right place! There is definitely a large focus on ESO, but other TES games can be discussed as well. If we get enough members, perhaps we can start holding some casual events as well, both in-game and not. Who knows, maybe it could one day become an entire guild!

But, basically, if your sense of humor is dumb enough to register the below image as funny, we'd love for you to join. Keep in mind though, it's 18+ which should go without saying but, still.

>> JOIN HERE <<

youknowhehadtodoittoem.JPG

That photo is from Black Desert Online community member isn't it ? CM Cool or something I think . You photoshop over his pic looks like .
  • Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have never comprehended why people with no interest or connection to the LGBTQ+ Community feel such a need to post in threads like this.
    I am hardly an SJW, nor do I have any particularly extreme viewpoints, but as a qu**r person who has played MMOs for 17 years, being a part of any minority in an MMO social environment can be incredibly frustrating.
    People don't start LGBTQ+ Friendly guilds or forums to exclude the white cishet men who play MMOs. That is entirely not the point at all.
    Those people don't *need* a safe space to chat and hang out. Nothing that gets said casually can touch a part of their identity and make it feel less than, or gross, or unacceptable.
    Anyone in a minority group however does not have this luxury.

When folks go out of their way to create and try to maintain a space like the OP is doing, it is nothing against the straight white male gamers. It truly isn't.
    It also isn't *for* you either. Join, by all means, chat, hang out, whatever. But unlike in 99% of other social settings in MMOs, when you offend someone's sense of self or identity, we don't have to just be quiet and take it. We can get rid of you to maintain our sense of safety and power.

It's great that so many gamers these days are "allies" or friendly or whatever. But I have to doubt the sincerity of your claims when you come into a thread like this, clearly not directed at you at all, and fire off projectiles at the OP. The fact that *you* are friendly doesn't mean everyone else is, so why are you making a fuss? Let us have a place to chat and hang out without ever feeling threatened.
    What on earth could allowing that cost you personally? I am genuinely curious.

To the OP:
    It always warms the cockles of my heart to see that the LGBTQ+ community has places to go to chat. Well done, and I wish you tons of luck!
    Edited by Earrindo on March 19, 2018 5:29AM
  • datgladiatah
    datgladiatah
    ✭✭✭

Your post tells me you immediately see all straight people as hostile to you. Read my post again, carefully. Nothing hostile in it. Then read my other post below that one. If i wanted to "erase" your existence, why would i willingly go with my wife to an LBGTQ nightclub?

If you want people to tolerate you, you have to start by tolerating them. That is a two way street. If you treat all straight people with hostility not only do you make them react in a hostile way but you set a bad example and defeat your goal of acceptance. How can i accept someone who is being hostile to me for no apparent reason?

"I am a straight person. I dont care about your sex, sexual preference, race, religion, or favorite food. We just play a video game together. I dont see people of " Race X" advertising "Race X friendly guild/chat/etc." I dont see people of " Religion Y" advertising "Religion Y or friends of religion Y" and i dont see straight people advertising "Straight only"."

This is the definition of "erasure". We are all varied, different, and unique people. You don't get to remove our identity for your political convenience. This is what i mean by erasing our existence. And you going into a gay club doesn't just make you an ally. For all I know you're harassing all the men that think you're there for them and make the mistake of hitting on you when you're clearly uncomfortable with the idea of us having safe spaces for 'us'. How would I know? It's the internet and you just made a bunch of very ignorant statements and you label it as genuine curiosity. What's that concept called? Pretty sure it's a form of gaslighting because it tricks people into answering a question they're not even interested in.

"Why dont i see these things but i always see LBGTQ? And furthermore why should anyone care what your preferences are if we are just playing a game? This is what is confusing to straight people. I mean your purpose could just be interpreted as stirring the pot or even baiting people to react. AKA: your just doing it to cause trouble. Its a legit assumption because some people just feel the need to force their beliefs or preferences on everyone, regardless of what that may be in a variety of categories."

It's really not up to you to understand because you aren't listening, but I did explain it in my previous post. Now you're complaining about me being hostile. I just don't get it. You ever get death threats, slurs thrown, and your entire life thrown up on a whim in federal legislature? It's something you either get or you don't. We're allowed our LGBT guilds and groups without it being needlessly questioned by straight people who are so overtly upset at us making groups around our community that they derail the entire thread over their mood. It's straight up unnecessary and you don't need to do this.
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @datgladiatah i will try to help you understand.
    This is the definition of "erasure". We are all varied, different, and unique people. You don't get to remove our identity for your political convenience. This is what i mean by erasing our existence.
    No that is the definition of an example. From what i understand of what you wrote in reply, you are offended by my use of generic terms for "minorities", which by the way are only minorities, usually, in certain parts of the world.

The reason i used generic names for examples is not to erase anything, but to prevent offense to anyone. I could specify a minority of some type for my part of the world( though if this the majority in your part of your world it may puzzle you) but if i did that then i would be singling out another minority, it just wouldnt be yours. So while you may not be offended by the use of the minority i use as example because it doesnt apply to you, someone of that minority may be offended by the use of it in that way.

You see for people that are of the majority, it really feels like a no win situation. We go out of our way not to offended and you get offended we are trying not to offend by not singling anyone out. How can i win but to just ignore you? That's not really what you want is it to be ignored, is it? You make accepting very exhausting when you see an underlying or hidden motive for everything.

It's really not up to you to understand because you aren't listening, but I did explain it in my previous post. Now you're complaining about me being hostile. I just don't get it. You ever get death threats, slurs thrown, and your entire life thrown up on a whim in federal legislature? It's something you either get or you don't. We're allowed our LGBT guilds and groups without it being needlessly questioned by straight people who are so overtly upset at us making groups around our community that they derail the entire thread over their mood. It's straight up unnecessary and you don't need to do this.

I understand now, you are being hostile to me because im straight and you see all straight people as bad. Makes perfect sense. Well, im not in THAT group of straight people. STOP STEREOTYPING ME. The first part of my first post set up for the second part of the post. The second part is more important than the first. Ill repost it here. Please read it this time around.

If you feel the need to continue to be hostile to me, that is a personal problem you need to work on. Try not treating everyone outside of LBGTQ as a threat, you will have more friends and fewer enemies and that is always a good thing.

@TheRiversEdge : my apologies for getting a bit off track. The LBGTQ online community doesnt seem to be as friendly and accepting of straight people as the real life ones ive met. I honestly expected more, but im seeing a lot of bitter LBGTQ people here and there is enough bitterness in this game with elitists. I do wish you the best of luck and hope maybe people learn to be a little more accepting and that goes for everyone regardless of your "features", preferences,opinions, etc.
  • TheRiversEdge
    TheRiversEdge
    ✭✭✭

Earrindo wrote: »
    I have never comprehended why people with no interest or connection to the LGBTQ+ Community feel such a need to post in threads like this.
    I am hardly an SJW, nor do I have any particularly extreme viewpoints, but as a qu**r person who has played MMOs for 17 years, being a part of any minority in an MMO social environment can be incredibly frustrating.
    People don't start LGBTQ+ Friendly guilds or forums to exclude the white cishet men who play MMOs. That is entirely not the point at all.
    Those people don't *need* a safe space to chat and hang out. Nothing that gets said casually can touch a part of their identity and make it feel less than, or gross, or unacceptable.
    Anyone in a minority group however does not have this luxury.

When folks go out of their way to create and try to maintain a space like the OP is doing, it is nothing against the straight white male gamers. It truly isn't.
    It also isn't *for* you either. Join, by all means, chat, hang out, whatever. But unlike in 99% of other social settings in MMOs, when you offend someone's sense of self or identity, we don't have to just be quiet and take it. We can get rid of you to maintain our sense of safety and power.

It's great that so many gamers these days are "allies" or friendly or whatever. But I have to doubt the sincerity of your claims when you come into a thread like this, clearly not directed at you at all, and fire off projectiles at the OP. The fact that *you* are friendly doesn't mean everyone else is, so why are you making a fuss? Let us have a place to chat and hang out without ever feeling threatened.
    What on earth could allowing that cost you personally? I am genuinely curious.

To the OP:
    It always warms the cockles of my heart to see that the LGBTQ+ community has places to go to chat. Well done, and I wish you tons of luck!

THIS ^^^^^^^^ And that said, I am not excluding ANYONE except for bigots and creeps t b h. If you're cis/straight??? feel free to join so long as you aren't bigoted and are willing to listen to us if something makes us uncomfortable.
    ~ PC/NA ~
    In-game ID:
    TheRiversEdge