Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Recommend a 2h/Bow Stam dk build

Exodium
Exodium
✭✭✭✭
Hey guys I'm in the process of making a medium stamdk for pvp open world and I want to go against the snb/2h meta and try a Bow/2H setup instead.

I'm tossing up between these two options but don't have enough experience to know which would work so I'm calling on you stamdks out there to give me suggestions

Option 1
Asylum 2h
Master Bow
Bloodspawn
5 Bone pirate armour impen
3 agility

Concerns: I think I'd have great damage with decent sustain but I'm more worried about my mitigation open world. Do you think this would be enough?

Option 2
Asylum 2h
Master Bow
Bloodspawn
Medium impregnable armour all divines (weapon damage mundus)
3 agility

Concerns" I think my mitigation would basically be similar to heavy in this setup but then again my damage/sustain might be lacklustre...? I'm honestly not too sure

I'd appreciate any suggestions at this point. Please don't recommend heavy armour or sword and board cause I don't really want to do that playstyle.
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With impreg I'd opt for a few well fitted traits.

What about shacklebreaker? Mag pool& sustain help your stam sustain. Lets you fossilize more, take the wrecking blow morph for bigger leaps.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Diddly_D_Potatoes
    Diddly_D_Potatoes
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not at all a stam dk expert, but i have previously seen suggested 5x impreg and 5x TBS. All all divine with the warrior and serpent munduses.

• Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    step 1: delete Dk
    step 2: make stamblade
    ???
    profit.

On a more serious note you will EXLODE in medium, if you don't wear brass or impreg.

I guess one setup you could use is impreg-agility- master bow- asylum 2h.

but then you are gonna be lacking decent stamina-magicka regen, and your damage will be mediocre too.

So TL:DR; just make a stamblade, if you value your time.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on March 17, 2018 11:01PM
  • Exodium
    Exodium
    ✭✭✭✭
    ???
    profit.

On a more serious note you will EXLODE in medium, if you don't wear brass or impreg.

but then you are gonna be lacking decent stamina-magicka regen, and your damage will be mediocre too.

For real? I would've thought with dk passive from igneous and Hardened armour plus bloodspawn there would at least be some survivability with medium in bone pirate. I'm also argonian too if that matters.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Exodium wrote: »
    ???
    profit.

For real? I would've thought with dk passive from igneous and Hardened armour plus bloodspawn there would at least be some survivability with medium in bone pirate. I'm also argonian too if that matters.

Well argonian makes a difference normally, yes.
    But as a glass cannon build, I don't see argonian making a massive difference.
    Potion passive gives you massive sustain, which is useless if you're gonna die in 10 seconds, you get my point right?

The extra hp and healing passives are gonna help a lot obviously, but thats not enough to count on.

With that low resistances, you just can't rely on healing alone, and you're not even gonna be blocking on this build so good luck lol.
    One thing that will save your life is expedition pots. Use them, be mobile, kite people, dodge roll a lot. that is your only option.

Anyways, there are some one shot leap builds out there that you can try and are fun, and you can also try stuff like medium brass or impreg for a more optimal build . But really, set your expectations to the bare minimum when playing medium sDk.

After all, you're planning to play the worst toon in the game, with a non-meta+non optimal build on top of it.

You can find success, but you will have to play 2 or even 3 times better than an average stamblade to reach the same success.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on March 18, 2018 2:12AM
  • Stratforge
    Stratforge
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had some fun like a year ago on a medium tava's favor bow/2h stam dk build using the bow CC but it definitely didn't feel optimal and I think the standard bone pirate setup would for sure out-perform it.
    PC NA
    Xbox One NA (retired)
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well you could be an *** like I am on my Stamina Sorc

I run 5 Impeg/5 Assassins Guile with Selene's

But i do 1 handed shield and dw

• Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stratforge wrote: »
    I had some fun like a year ago on a medium tava's favor bow/2h stam dk build using the bow CC but it definitely didn't feel optimal and I think the standard bone pirate setup would for sure out-perform it.

Actually combining medium tava with impreg could be a fun build, tho I'm not sure how viable that would be.
  • LaveniaRose
    LaveniaRose
    ✭✭✭
    I attempted morag tong and werewolf hide for bow/2h. It was pretty terrible. But I like the animations for the dk poison abilities so its fun to play occassionally.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Despite my negativity I decided to give glass cannon stamDK a try. I will be running an SnB/2h medium armor build.

If it gets any success I will post it here so you can use it too.
  • Exodium
    Exodium
    ✭✭✭✭
    Despite my negativity I decided to give glass cannon stamDK a try. I will be running an SnB/2h medium armor build.

If I was to do a snb/2h build I would just do armour master backbar and bone pirate with bloodspawn.

But yeah I wanted to know a bow setup
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

If I was to do a snb/2h build I would just do armour master backbar and bone pirate with bloodspawn.

tried that exact setup you mentioned, decided that I didnt really like it in the end, actually not a bad combo. Just lacks the damage you would expect from medium, but as tanky as heavy armor.
  • Exodium
    Exodium
    ✭✭✭✭

tried that exact setup you mentioned, decided that I didnt really like it in the end, actually not a bad combo. Just lacks the damage you would expect from medium, but as tanky as heavy armor.

yeah hence why if you're going to use snb/2h there's no point going medium cause you can do exactly the same thing with 7th and ww hide with more ult regen, and comparable dmg/sustain.

If Im doing a medium armour dk build it'll be bow/2h somehow!
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

yeah hence why if you're going to use snb/2h there's no point going medium cause you can do exactly the same thing with 7th and ww hide with more ult regen, and comparable dmg/sustain.

If Im doing a medium armour dk build it'll be bow/2h somehow!

That is not %100 true.

With medium SnB you will do absurd amounts of damage, and will still be able to block a bit in small scale situations.

And you can go for crazy high weapon damage in medium armor. You can very easily have over 5k weapon damage and have much higher uptime on that weapon damage compared to heavy armor.

Its not perfect, but for some niche builds medium is actually far better.

PS: again this all depends on the setup you use. for the bets min maxed builds obviously heavy armor is the way to go.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on March 18, 2018 9:20AM
  • Hyzock
    Hyzock
    ✭✭✭
    If you're gonna do cp pvp I'd go with option 2, but still run around 5 impen pieces. Because of the way crit resist works, it's really valuable to stack it until about 4.3k-4.4k crit resist. With all divines, impreg would give you no extra mitigation and it would be pointless to run it.
    PC EU - Frank the Potato - Stam DK
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ listen to this guy, he's an actual good stamdk.
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2H/bow is my favorite playstyle. SDK is my main. So every patch I try ten different setups to make it work then end up giving up in frustration and trying to pvp the next patch. The burst is great. Poison injection, draining shot, crit rush, leap is often enough to put folks into execute range. But in medium you might as well be wearing a paper bag. At the moment I'm trying 5x medium fortified brass. Still need to run it some more, but not impressed so far.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    2H/bow is my favorite playstyle. SDK is my main. So every patch I try ten different setups to make it work then end up giving up in frustration and trying to pvp the next patch. The burst is great. Poison injection, draining shot, crit rush, leap is often enough to put folks into execute range. But in medium you might as well be wearing a paper bag. At the moment I'm trying 5x medium fortified brass. Still need to run it some more, but not impressed so far.

master's bow is a must with medium brass/impreg if you want a bow for sure. combined with a berserker glyph makes up for the lack of damage wearing brass creates. But I'm still not impressed with the damage of this setup. Because you can just try wearing alchemist back bar and reach numbers that are well above 30k on take flight, at that point, why use a bow? :/
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on March 18, 2018 11:36PM
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ragnarock41 I use a master bow. I don't like alchemist because of the extended down time.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Ragnarock41 I use a master bow. I don't like alchemist because of the extended down time.

fair point, Alchemist is not BiS or anything, but it is a hella lot of fun to use.
  • Exodium
    Exodium
    ✭✭✭✭

master's bow is a must with medium brass/impreg if you want a bow for sure. combined with a berserker glyph makes up for the lack of damage wearing brass creates. But I'm still not impressed with the damage of this setup. Because you can just try wearing alchemist back bar and reach numbers that are well above 30k on take flight, at that point, why use a bow? :/

Yeah I've got a master bow too hence why I want to give it a shot but I've just decided to go meta and do ww hide/7th legion until medium armour gets some improvements.

Then I'll switch to 2h/bow
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Let me save you a lot of headache-

Make sure you run a mag regen glyph to replace the lost mag from constitution passive

PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

Make sure you run a mag regen glyph to replace the lost mag from constitution passive

and how am I going to make up for the lack of damage/stam regen? :)

anyways, I gave it a shot today. managed to one shot a few light armor users with lucky alchemist leaps.

outside of those moments it just sucks.

I mean me and my stamsorc friend tried same setups, with the difference that I ran slimecraw, he ran troll king+heavy armor.

He had overall better tooltip numbers,despite the fact he did not have minor berserk or minor brutality.

So yeah, The only saving grace of medium Dk is the extreme high damage of take flight, but outside of that it is just garbage.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on March 19, 2018 3:05PM
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Or gold food, or jewels (the food)
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Grimlok_S wrote: »

Or gold food, or jewels (the food)

to be honest I am not going to run gold food just to make some niche build work, if it was more affordable I would probably count on it, but as it stands I can just run that same gold food on heavy armor for much more easier magicka sustain.

Still, I always forget gold foods exist, I should probably note it somewhere lol.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on March 19, 2018 3:21PM
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    5 Bone Pirate 5 Hunding's Rage 1/5/1 or 0/5/2 Maelstrom 1H+S back bar & Asylum or Maelstrom Back bar. Has about 4K weapon damage not considering glyphs, great sustain, and the resistances are not bad: 18K physical & 24K magicka on CP, and 3K more on the shield bar.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    5 Bone Pirate 5 Hunding's Rage 1/5/1 or 0/5/2 Maelstrom 1H+S back bar & Asylum or Maelstrom Back bar. Has about 4K weapon damage not considering glyphs, great sustain, and the resistances are not bad: 18K physical & 24K magicka on CP, and 3K more on the shield bar.

I hate sword and board on stamdk but I should try maelstrom. Still not what op asked for though. :p
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I hate sword and board on stamdk but I should try maelstrom. Still not what op asked for though. :p

I do use Master bow back bar for open world instead of S&B, and it's quite effective. But for BGs and IC it's inadequate since you need to play more defensively there. Just like any build, there's no absolute "BiS".
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I do use Master bow back bar for open world instead of S&B, and it's quite effective. But for BGs and IC it's inadequate since you need to play more defensively there. Just like any build, there's no absolute "BiS".

both SnB and Bow has their advantages, but I find SnB to be a must have for my Dk builds. The survivability it provides is extremely vital to me, and bow mobility can be provided by just using an expedition pot. not to mention with SnB you can have 2x5 piece sets on top of having a full monster set+asylum 2h with no issues. It just opens up a lot of build possibilities.

On the other hand poison injection is an amazing dot that is also a potential execute and master bow only makes it better. So there is a choice to make,buuut most of the time SnB wins for me.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on March 19, 2018 4:25PM
  • Hyzock
    Hyzock
    ✭✭✭

You're doing something wrong if you can't sustain volatile armor and igneous spam with just battle roar. I'd understand if you run fossilize, but your base mag regen should be enough, even without tripots.
    Edited by Hyzock on March 19, 2018 7:35PM
    PC EU - Frank the Potato - Stam DK