The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Recommend a 2h/Bow Stam dk build

• Exodium
    Exodium
    ✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    Grimlok_S wrote: »
    5 Bone Pirate 5 Hunding's Rage 1/5/1 or 0/5/2 Maelstrom 1H+S back bar & Asylum or Maelstrom Back bar. Has about 4K weapon damage not considering glyphs, great sustain, and the resistances are not bad: 18K physical & 24K magicka on CP, and 3K more on the shield bar.

I hate sword and board on stamdk but I should try maelstrom. Still not what op asked for though. :p

I do use Master bow back bar for open world instead of S&B, and it's quite effective. But for BGs and IC it's inadequate since you need to play more defensively there. Just like any build, there's no absolute "BiS".
    5 Bone Pirate 5 Hunding's Rage 1/5/1 or 0/5/2 Maelstrom 1H+S back bar & Asylum or Maelstrom Back bar. Has about 4K weapon damage not considering glyphs, great sustain, and the resistances are not bad: 18K physical & 24K magicka on CP, and 3K more on the shield bar.

I hate sword and board on stamdk but I should try maelstrom. Still not what op asked for though. :p

I do use Master bow back bar for open world instead of S&B, and it's quite effective. But for BGs and IC it's inadequate since you need to play more defensively there. Just like any build, there's no absolute "BiS".

both SnB and Bow has their advantages, but I find SnB to be a must have for my Dk builds. The survivability it provides is extremely vital to me, and bow mobility can be provided by just using an expedition pot. not to mention with SnB you can have 2x5 piece sets on top of having a full monster set+asylum 2h with no issues. It just opens up a lot of build possibilities.

On the other hand poison injection is an amazing dot that is also a potential execute and master bow only makes it better. So there is a choice to make,buuut most of the time SnB wins for me.

Just curious, can a stamdk just run 2h/Master bow in Heavy with like 7th legion armour?

I get that medium is ideal for mobility but what's stopping a heavy armoured dk using bow back bar, especially with a masterbow that gives 300 wep damage.

master bow + 7th would be a fair bit of damage, you'd still keep a fair bit of survivability from being in heavy too. And the dodge roll passive gives a fair bit of mobility/speed from the backbar that Dks usually lack. Obviously there's no need to spam dodge roll cause you;re not in medium but for getting out of tricky situations I can't see why it wouldnt work.
  • Ocelot9x
    Ocelot9x
    ✭✭✭✭
    My build:
    5 tavas
    3jewelry (2robust 1 healthy)+sword and shield armor of truth
    2 bloodspawn

You can remove bloodspawn for 2 pieces truth and run bow but (sadly) backbar bow times are over for stamina dk
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can't proc 7th legion from afar, since you need to take damage. So it's a bad combo for bow, where you need maximum damage all the time. It's a good set if you go full melee though.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • melek-taus
    melek-taus
    ✭✭✭
    First you gotta choose what your backbar will be. By saying Bow +2H you mean that you are using the Bow as you main bar?

When going Bow + 2H you might aswell go in hard. I have been playing these kind of builds for a couple of years now and if you want to do it right then there is no use in doing it half backed.
    I use different combinations like Spriggans + Marksmen or Morag Tong + Marksmen and a masters wep or monster piece like Veli or Kragh all Divine. Maybe use a couple of imp parts to get the hang of it.
    You are going to be a glass cannon but if you can play this build you are going to hit hard and even survive by using your surroundings and moving a lot.
    Edited by melek-taus on March 20, 2018 11:09AM
    EU/PC
    Malek Taus - VR16 Khajit Stamina GankKnight -

Will gank for Skooma....
  • Exodium
    Exodium
    ✭✭✭✭
    melek-taus wrote: »
    First you gotta choose what your backbar will be. By saying Bow +2H you mean that you are using the Bow as you main bar?

When going Bow + 2H you might aswell go in hard. I have been playing these kind of builds for a couple of years now and if you want to do it right then there is no use in doing it half backed.
    I use different combinations like Spriggans + Marksmen or Morag Tong + Marksmen and a masters wep or monster piece like Veli or Kragh all Divine. Maybe use a couple of imp parts to get the hang of it.
    You are going to be a glass cannon but if you can play this build you are going to hit hard and even survive by using your surroundings and moving a lot.

So what do you think about going bloodspawn, agility jewellry, master bow, asylum 2 and 5 impreg OR fortified brass?
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Exodium wrote: »

both SnB and Bow has their advantages, but I find SnB to be a must have for my Dk builds. The survivability it provides is extremely vital to me, and bow mobility can be provided by just using an expedition pot. not to mention with SnB you can have 2x5 piece sets on top of having a full monster set+asylum 2h with no issues. It just opens up a lot of build possibilities.

On the other hand poison injection is an amazing dot that is also a potential execute and master bow only makes it better. So there is a choice to make,buuut most of the time SnB wins for me.

Just curious, can a stamdk just run 2h/Master bow in Heavy with like 7th legion armour?

I get that medium is ideal for mobility but what's stopping a heavy armoured dk using bow back bar, especially with a masterbow that gives 300 wep damage.

master bow + 7th would be a fair bit of damage, you'd still keep a fair bit of survivability from being in heavy too. And the dodge roll passive gives a fair bit of mobility/speed from the backbar that Dks usually lack. Obviously there's no need to spam dodge roll cause you;re not in medium but for getting out of tricky situations I can't see why it wouldnt work.

You can run bow with heavy armor ,yes.

It just doesn't make too much sense, if you're running sets like seventh legion, fury, ravager etc..
    These sets require you to sit and take damage/ do damage, and are not very good for bow playstyle.