The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

My attempt at Shadow Rider Senche Mount

• Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have fun continuing to chase your dream! I stand behind you doing whatever you wan with your money.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not even going to read this thread after the first post, because I'm sure a lot of it is bullying. :/

• TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Dude, the PAWS / anti crate campaigners are gunna hate on you!

I feel more piety than hatred for this poor soul.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your the reason crates exist :|
  • VDoom1
    VDoom1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really wanted that Shadow Senche to, it looks absolutely awesome. But after buying several crates feels like one is just gonna have to buy and buy and buy. And one day, at the idk 1000th crate, the senche will drop....maybe. On one hand I got a lot of gems, so I got the 3 mounts you could buy. Ridiculous drop rate, but no surprise. Make the most epic looking mount the one with the lowest drop rate. What a shocker.
    We Fight For Cyrodiil.
    We fight for The Daggerfall Covenant.
    We fight for The Aldmeri Dominion.
    We fight for The Ebonheart Pact.
    We fight for Tamriel!
    CP 1200+
    Grand Master Crafter | Tamriel Hero
    Imperial Dragonknight
    Khajiit Necromancer
    Altmer Templar | Dunmer Nightblade
    Khajiit Nightblade | Argonian Dragonknight
    Altmer Sorcerer | Breton Nightblade
    Nord Warden | Dunmer Sorcerer
    Guild - Priests Of Hircine
    ESO Since 2014
    PC - EU
  • Shinshadow
    Shinshadow
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jimmy wrote: »
    125 Crown Crates opened.

No Shadow Rider Senche mount :(

2 Apex Frostbane Horses
    1 Sweetroll
    Various non-combat pets

EVerything else a lesser item.

The moral of this story. . . Petition to get mounts in the crown store, and not hidden behind loot crates. I was cool paying 2-5k per mount, but I'm not paying for RNG chances at one.
  • Viscous119
    Viscous119
    ✭✭✭
    It's also kind funny that people spend hundreds of dollars for a new mount skin when they already have a mount. Hell, if you start a new character, you'll get a mount for free. The people paying an exorbant amount of money most likely already have a maxed out mount with full stamina, speed, and inventory slots. So essentially, they are duplicating the mount they already have. Radiant, and Apex mounts won't go any faster, have anymore stam, or inventory slots than the current mounts. Now if Radiant/Apex mounts had the ability to increase Stamina, Speed, and slots..it might be worth it. I only buy stuff from the crown store that I need, and none of it is crates.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    125 Crown Crates opened.

If that mount is anything like the other radiant apex mounts, 125 Crown Crates is not enough to bring your probability of success to 50% to get that specific mount.

As I recall, it takes a few hundred more attempts to get to that.

Edit/Edit2: I think I estimated the "cost" of one of those mounts at around 100000 Crowns.

P.S. - PAWS isn't about hating on people for buying Crown Crates.
    Edited by Elsonso on March 17, 2018 4:28PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Dellarie
    Dellarie
    ✭✭
    When I previewed Galvanic Storm Steed my jaw fell to the floor, it looks x10000 better ingame than it did on showcase picture and is absolutely perfect mount for a sorcerer. Not being able to get it is driving me crazy, I realize that even if sell my apartment and invest all money in crates there is still no guarantee I'll get it. I would be much more encouraged to buy more crates if I could actually purchase it directly, even at ridiculous price.
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Clearly the answer is to buy more Crowns and open another 125. :trollface:
    That's terrible advice, don't do that!

Why????!!!! Why didn't I look at the spolier!!

I did just over 200 fwiw and no radiant drops. Although I have been saving crowns and disposable moneys for the next radiant I actually thought looked nice (feel free to be judge-y I know it's a waste of cash).

On the plus side I won't need to actually buy any of the next 2 rounds of crates to get anything interesting...

Looking at Faunter's sheet no-one with the addon has yet got that mount in over 6,000 crates and radiant drop percentage has halved from last time which had halved from the time before. Time to find another game to throw my spare monies at or maybe acquire an even more expensive wine habit.
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tavore1138 wrote: »
    I did just over 200 fwiw and no radiant drops.

:disappointed:

The "Galvanic Storm Steed" currently has a drop rate of about 0.11%. Based on that, a specific radiant apex mount in 200 Crown Crates isn't even close for the luck-deprived among us.

Yes, this is half of what it was with the Flame Atronach crates.

Edit: But, on the positive side, you only have to open 6 Crown Crates to get an even chance of procuring 10 of the Gold Coast Warrior Elixirs.
    Edited by Elsonso on March 17, 2018 4:46PM
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's kind of interesting psychology wise...

If Zo$ offered me a bundle of a radiant of my choice, 3 apex mounts, most of the gold/purple/blue level stuff and a big bunch of crown consumables for the equivalent price (i.e. around 70k crowns or in the region of £350/$500 give or take) would I and other people buy it?

Also my feeling, right now, is that next time I have enough gems to buy the 3 apex mounts I would possibly want plus as much of the lower tier stuff as I could wish for without opening a single crate... I may well buy none because this experience has taught me that a radiant mount is so unlikely to drop as to be silly to chase them.

On the other hand if I was hitting a radiant mount every 100-120 crates guaranteed would I have ridden out to 360 to get all 3? (that would be over £500 spent).

Do Z0$ really see that many of us spending over £300-500 on a season of crates to make it worth risking turning more people off spending or would they do better to make the chase finite in some way?
    GM - Malazan
    Legio Mortuum
  • Jimmy
    Jimmy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    125 Crown Crates opened.

If that mount is anything like the other radiant apex mounts, 125 Crown Crates is not enough to bring your probability of success to 50% to get that specific mount.

Edit/Edit2: I think I estimated the "cost" of one of those mounts at around 100000 Crowns.

100,000 crowns tho is excessive. I think a fair price would be 2,000 gems. If you are going to hide the mount behind gamble boxes, then have the back up safety currency, gems, able to purchase it at a high amount. Like 2,000 gems.
    PC NA
    @SkruDe
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is why I've designated an old bank account as my "game money" that I stick a hundred or so in every month. It's a matter of laying out distinct lines you won't cross so that sort of thing doesn't happen.

OP, I'd recommend stopping, or at least setting a hard limit for yourself each month or each week or something. These crates will be around for a while.
    Edited by Jhalin on March 17, 2018 11:40PM
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    125 Crown Crates opened.

100,000 crowns tho is excessive. I think a fair price would be 2,000 gems. If you are going to hide the mount behind gamble boxes, then have the back up safety currency, gems, able to purchase it at a high amount. Like 2,000 gems.

What you have to remember is that people who work in PR and marketing often have no human feelings - they literally do not have the moral framework to understand how something that looks like profit to them looks like a punch in the face to players.

Their blindspot is that they cannot think like real humanz and thus get it wrong often enough that companies that only listen to them make less moneys than they could by being profit driven yet also sensible o fhuman feels - right now Zo$ is being driven by the people that lack understanding of human ways and is probably getting less money than they could make by the same work with less obviously predatory tactics.

Long term that sucks for us as players because these short sighted tactics lead to games closing.

Or they could simply be cashing in to the maximum prior to closing the game down - server performance is awful and bugs prevail so that could be a possibility.
    GM - Malazan
    Legio Mortuum
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    100,000 crowns tho is excessive.

Hard to disagree with that. :smile:

• Jimmy
    Jimmy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    100% no lie. Just woke up from a dream I had. That I was reading patch notes and I saw that they made Radiant Apex mounts buyable with gems. I logged into the game and saw the Shadow Rider Senche mount listed at 2,000 gems and I bought it and I was so happy.

Then I woke up :(
    PC NA
    @SkruDe
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's low and dirty that the radiant mounts are not even purchaseable for gems. It's saddening (not for ZoS, quite the opposite) how much some people are trying to get these mounts.

Would it hurt ZoS to simply make them purchaseable for gems? At least people have a "sum" to work towards in regards to saving gems.

For me, I purchased four crates with my sub crowns, and the consumable junk was enough to put me off. I'd possibly buy more to accumulate gems if I knew I could simply buy one with gems...as it stands, this crown crate debacle with the disgustingly low odds has the opposite effect for me.
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
  • Jimmy
    Jimmy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saw my first Shadow Rider Senche mount in Rawl'Kha. I cried a little.... :''''''(
    PC NA
    @SkruDe
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless you're willing and ready to drop about $1000-1500 on attempts to get a radiant, 15 boxes at a time, don't bother. The charts, posts, and anecdotal evidence all indicate that it's not worth your time, otherwise. And even then, it may still not be the one you want to have. You could even get "lucky" enough to nab the same radiant mount more than once.

As far as I'm concerned, that's always the bottom-rung benchmark for a radiant reward, and before I gets'ta clicking, I make sure that I can afford at least that much; spending less is a bonus, not a guarantee. Does it suck? Absolutely! But don't fool yourself into thinking you'll have better odds. They may even be worse.
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To me it’s not about the radiant mount itself. I think of these as a bonus chance. I did buy 15 crates last season because I thought the Radiant Senche was cool, but I was perfectly fine with the regular apex senche. Of course that didn’t drop either, but a Sweetroll instead, so I simply bought the apex senche with gems. This season the apex mounts seem generally unappealing to me, the Radiant ones are basically the only good ones. Still might sink 5,000 crowns into it, but I’m debating hard with myself.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • ArvenAldmeri
    ArvenAldmeri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking at the drop tables %, did they seriously nerf the drop rates from season to season?!
    Magicka sorcerer from start until the end. Always. Through the good times and the bad, even now when its probably saddest PvE dps it has ever been.
    Even as an owner of one radiant apex mounts I am against radiant apex mounts and anything thats not obtainable by direct purchase.
  • Yzalirk
    Yzalirk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just some statistical information for everyone to digest. The crown crate drop rates are just stupid low. Even for Apex mounts, not to mention radiant apex.

So, think before you spend. As you can see, it's not worth it.

You do not need statistical information to realize Crown Crates are a money pit. Sometimes they give you a taste of an awesome reward to bait you in and buy more. That is why they will never go away as it is a shameless cash grab.
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking at the drop tables %, did they seriously nerf the drop rates from season to season?!

I think they just added more fluff, which mucks up the drop rates on the rarer cards. And they jacked around with the tiers, so that garbage rewards sometimes fall higher.

Aaand fewer people are buying them. Fewer people are logging their drops, especially with the seasonal freebies. Console has no option to log anything conveniently, and I see quite a few apexes/radiants around the dolmens (especially from some of the older seasons), so those aren't being factored in.
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
  • Jimmy
    Jimmy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just wish Apex Radiant mounts weren't 100% locked behind RNG. If I had it my way, Apex Radiant Mounts would cost 2,000 Gems each season. I think that is plenty fair given the rarity of the mount.
    PC NA
    @SkruDe
  • JWKe
    JWKe
    ✭✭✭✭
    The sweet-rolls are almost as rare as the radiant apex’s so technicaly you did actually somewhat get an item of equal rarity just not the item you wanted.

I say buy another 125 for science.
    Edited by JWKe on April 18, 2018 11:25AM