The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crate Question

MagicalLija
MagicalLija
✭✭✭✭✭
On average how many crates would I have to buy to get 100 gems, with bad luck.
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From the last 3 free ones i got 14 gems.

From all the free ones combined i got 169 gems, but i dont recall how many crates that were.
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is a video that Miss Bizz did, I think she averaged 3.5 gems per crate. You can get higher but that is not the norm.

https://bing.com/videos/search?q=MissBiz++eso+crown+crates+utube&view=detail&mid=5BE6E0868AA66C3155585BE6E0868AA66C315558&FORM=VIRE
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • Algraxa
    Algraxa
    ✭✭✭
    There is a tipping point, you need to have filled many of the crate draw items, then almost everything creates instant gems and/or you sell all lower end rewards.

You need to be prepared to spend about $200-$250 in order to fill all/most of the slots. Seems like at around $150 you start to see mostly gems.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually get around 12 gems from my three free crates. With that luck, its cheaper to buy 2 of the 15-crate packs to get 30 crates and hopefully get 100 gems from them, assuming no duplicates on the items inside.
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Crates have 5 slots, 2 for Consumables, 1 for a blue or better item, 1 that can be anything, and a 5th bonus slot that is purple or better.

Consumables are always able to be converted, so you are looking at 2-3 gems per crate at the very least, so at the very most, you are looking at 40 crates for 100 gems, though that is assuming you are getting 50/50 on slot 4 and no slot 5's, along with no repeat drops.

However, based on the drop pool, and such, even if you were unlucky, you would get furnishing or scroll drops that could be converted, along with duplicates, so we can probably halve that number.

So if you were unlucky, I'd say 20 would be the max, but even then, you'd probably get pretty much everything in the lower tiers as well as some yellow and purple drops.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sixty5 wrote: »
    Crates have 5 slots, 2 for Consumables, 1 for a blue or better item, 1 that can be anything, and a 5th bonus slot that is purple or better.

More precisely crates have a chance at a 5th slot. If you get a 5th card it will be purple or better, but the majority of crates will only give you 4 cards.

It's worth factoring in the 5th slot, especially if you're looking at opening a large number of crates like the OP is, but you'd need to know the probability of getting a 5th slot, as well as what can drop from it.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Assuming you are after a particular 100gem tier item, and you consider anything besides that item or a radiant apex mount bad luck, plus you have none of the items previously, I think 38-39 crates is the absolute maximum you would need to get.

Keep in mind, you would then have everything from blue up you could get for gems aside from scrolls. More likely, you'll get a number of blue diplicates for about 7-8 gems a crate before then. I think duplicates are more likely than not due to category weighting. This was rumored back when nixhound was the only pet in its tier and players kept getting it.
    Edited by driosketch on March 16, 2018 12:20AM
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I opened 18 crates since season started and got 85-90 gems from it. I got 5 slots 4 times total. Id say 20 crates if your lucky and 30 crates will probably do it unless you have really bad luck.
  • Aeslief
    Aeslief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After 15 crates I gained 104 gems, extracting every possible consumable. I got the Flameback Boar x3 so the purple duplicates added quite a few gems.
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    Sixty5 wrote: »

More precisely crates have a chance at a 5th slot. If you get a 5th card it will be purple or better, but the majority of crates will only give you 4 cards.

It's worth factoring in the 5th slot, especially if you're looking at opening a large number of crates like the OP is, but you'd need to know the probability of getting a 5th slot, as well as what can drop from it.

This guy is trying to figure out the odds with this addon.

esoui.com/downloads/info1741-FauntersCrownCrateTracker.html

The odds chart he is compiling really ought to be part of the disclosure info about the crates.
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA