The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Cannot Log-in to Support

Shadowshire
Shadowshire
✭✭✭✭
When I log-in to play the game, or log-in to my Account, there's no problem.

When I attempt to log-in to Support the outcome is "Login Failed".

The "Log In" feature on the Support home page displays exactly the same dialog that is displayed when I log-in to my Account, and the account name (player name) and the password are the same.

So why does the Log-in to Support fail? Does the ZOS Webmaster (if ZOS has one, else that's a problem in and of itself) have a clue?

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make sure your ESO Account password is 20 characters or less. For starters.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Make sure your ESO Account password is 20 characters or less. For starters.
    It is. Anything else?

There is no notification that either the player name or the password is in error, just "Login Failed". As if some sort of US national security secrets are at risk.

As I stated, the same password works to log-in to play the game and to log-in to the Account. The Forum password is different. If I recall correctly, there also might have been a unique password for Support at some time in the past.

However, I have no written record of it, or other record of it, e.g., in the password manager which I began using long before I ever heard of TESO. I don't want to go through the "Forgot password?" dance routine to log-in to Suppot if that will change the password for logging-in to play the game and/or logging-in to the Account. I am encountering enough problems already.

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Support and the ESO account are the same ID and password. Forums are entirely different, as you said.

Apparently, "Account Recovery" is the next step. Maybe the sync with the customer support system glitched for your account. I have never used this, so I do not know what level of DefCon that invokes.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Support and the ESO account are the same ID and password. Forums are entirely different, as you said.

Apparently, "Account Recovery" is the next step. Maybe the sync with the customer support system glitched for your account. I have never used this, so I do not know what level of DefCon that invokes.
    If memory serves, "Account Recovery" at least changes the password. That creates other problems, such as changing the password in the password manager (which doesn't always work correctly, or in a user-friendly manner). But I suppose that either I must do it, without any confidence or assurance whatsoever that their instructions will remedy the situation, or just stop paying ZOS the monthly subscription.

If their accounting system is not capable of billing the subscription after I correct their incorrect billing address data, and their Customer Support is inaccessible, then ZOS is not earning the subscription fee. I'm fed-up with work-arounds and jumping through hoops because their software and their website are dysfunctional.

The Crafting Bag is convenient, but not entirely necessary to playing the game. There is enough bank storage capacity for the essential crafting materials, which will be accessed by my characters at crafting stations. "Spare" crafting materials which I don't use much can be stored on a mule. (I already have one mule on which I store various items that I might use in the future, e.g., while developing another character, whether the mule.)

Also, if necessary or desirable, I can use a mule as a sales agent with regard to selling items in Guild Stores -- there is enough storage in the Bags to make that feasible. The Bank account would just become a "pass through" for anything that isn't sold directly by an active character.

Thanks for your replies to this situation. I'm not expecting ZOS to do anything at all in response to this report.