Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Light Armor. Shirts vs Robes! Which do you like more?!

Lestorn
Lestorn
✭✭✭
Personally I prefer Shirts. Last thing my caster needs to do while running for his life, because someone trained an entire mob of angry villagers with pitchforks and molten hot Marshmallow fluff, is to trip over the hem of a robe!
Edited by Lestorn on March 10, 2018 9:53AM

Light Armor. Shirts vs Robes! Which do you like more?! 238 votes

Robe
26%
KesstrylTryxusGythralzariaflguy147ub17_ESOSheezabeastAllu07neb18_ESOHortator Indoril NerevarAlisyraAnnalysesrfrogg23hondelinkElsonsoDagoth_RacHavenfeyiiRomogreyloxMinalanpeacenote 62 votes
Shirt
73%
NestortheskymovesSoriananexxus_ESOWatchYourSixxvailjohn_ESONewBlacksmurfBigBraggcalitrumanb14_ESOArobainSvenjaNemesis7884ninibiniAzuryaHrogunTurelusDarkstorneMaythoraubrey.baconb16_ESOYakidafi 176 votes
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Totally depends upon the style and the class. For sorcs, robes. For other casting classes, usually shirts.

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Robe
    Is a bit class dependant, but ESO fashion is all a bit too flappy :hushed:
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shirt
    I never liked robes. It's a little bit better for females, but for males, it's bad.
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
  • Pennylong
    Pennylong
    ✭✭✭
    Shirt
    I would have gone with robes but the animation on the legs when you run is a bit off putting for me.
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shirt
    With all the pebbles and blades of grass that me and my mount trip over robes don't fill me with confidence
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shirt
    Shirt, then again it doesn't matter I wear a costume
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on the character. For my sorcerer it's always a full (and preferably ornate) robe. For my warden always shirts, and now often a medium armour skin via the outfit system.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Robe
    You're not a real mage unless you wear a robe
    "We're all born under the same sky and on the same earth. Therefore, we all deserve the same amount of respect."
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU
  • CheepsNSalsa
    CheepsNSalsa
    ✭✭✭✭
    Robe
    How tf am I supposed to RP gandalf with a t shirt?
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Robe
    Tryxus wrote: »
    You're not a real mage unless you wear a robe

This. This right here. Whenever I think of a mage; or wizard, I assume a robe of sorts is involved. What type of master of the arcane arts goes about doing their magic in a jerkin? That’s so inappropriate. Proper attire is important for certain tasks. Especially when handling such dangerous things as spells and incantations.
  • Vizikul
    Vizikul
    ✭✭✭✭
    i choose robes for female characters and shirts for males.
    Pugging. Pugging all the way to victory.
    Imperial Dragonknight --- male, stamina, heavy & medium armor, dual wield, one hand and shield, two handed.
    Breton Templar --- female, magicka, light armor, restoration staff.
    Redguard Warden --- female, stamina, medium armor, bow.
    Breton Sorcerer --- male, magicka, light armor, destruction staff.
    Imperial Templar --- male, stamina, medium armor, two handed.

Daggerfall Covenant loyalist
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Shirt
    Most robes are bad, they are just a skirt tacked on. Also unerganomic and leg stick bad. A few look cool though. I quite like the dark brotherhood hand robe. Looks pretty cultish.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shirt
    Gone with jerkins ever since they brought in the option.

Robes in this game look like dresses with static cling.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It really depends on the style. Some styles have beautiful robe parts, for example glass.
    Jerkins usually looks more mobile if that makes sense. Looking back, I normally used Jerkins, because I love to show my long legs in reality as well as Tamriel :D I guess
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

My debut album on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@Gleandra/videos
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shirt
    Not a fan of the "Traditional" mage look of Robes and Stave. Really would like to see an option on weapons to choose or flip the pool regen's to open up the possible choices.
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • Froil
    Froil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shirt
    Only good robes are the ones that are like jackets (e.g. Mercenary, Worm Cult).
    "Best" healer PC/NA
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shirt
    Although Apostle, Minotaur and Mazzatun are very nice, and sometimes I use them.
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • ParaNostram
    ParaNostram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Robe
    Ya know it's kind hilarious to me that people are gendering robes. Flowing garments in Greek and especially Roman society were viewed as civilized attire where as things such as pants were viewed as barbaric. It wasn't until Greco-roman concepts of gender were adopted by other parts of Europe as well as pants adopted by formerly Roman territories that flowing clothing vs pants became a gendered thing. It's actually a long and fascinating history how senselessly articles of clothing became gendered and lost their original meanings.

But back to the topic on hand I like robes. I like flowing garments. I also happen to love rocking a sun dress on a sunny day IRL so my aesthetic is known haha
    "Your mistake is you begged for your life, not for mercy. I will show you there are many fates worse than death."

Para Nostram
    Bosmer Sorceress
    Witch of Evermore

"Death is a privilege that can be denied by it's learned scholars."
    Order of the Black Worm
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gythral wrote: »
    Is a bit class dependant, but ESO fashion is all a bit too flappy :hushed:

Correct ... though it’s actually motif dependent.

Go robe if there are any ‘flaps’ on the chest piece. Shirt for everything else.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why did OP not provide an answer for me to choose? I could care less about shirt or robe. Often it is a heavy armor piece and often it is covered by a costume. Basically, I am not concerned either way.
  • lzzy
    lzzy
    ✭✭✭
    Shirt
    Shirts to avoid the weird clipping when riding mounts.
  • jssriot
    jssriot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I pretty much hate all robes and most jerkins, so all my light armor-wearing toons all use costumes or outfits. My sorc for example uses a costume that incorporates the slave shirt and pants--no tassets, no crotch flap, no butt flap, no weird looking robes that looks like he's going to trip himself over.
    Edited by jssriot on March 10, 2018 7:12PM
    PC-NA since 2015. Tired and unimpressed.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Robe
    Old school wizard here.
  • ANGEL_BtVS
    ANGEL_BtVS
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shirt
    Jerkin FTW. For both male and female characters and even on sorcs.

This is bad but when I'm farming for a divines/infused chest piece (e.g., SPC, BSW, etc.) I get mad when a robe drops instead of a jerkin even when it's a BiS trait. :D
    Edited by ANGEL_BtVS on March 10, 2018 7:50PM
  • OmniDo
    OmniDo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use both, depending on the situation/role.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shirt
    More creative options
  • Androconium
    Androconium
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shirt
    ANGEL_BtVS wrote: »
    Jerkin FTW. For both male and female characters and even on sorcs.

This is bad but when I'm farming for a divines/infused chest piece (e.g., SPC, BSW, etc.) I get mad when a robe drops instead of a jerkin even when it's a BiS trait. :D

Yes. Straight into the recycling bin. Robes don't sell well, as most players that do wear them are tossers.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Robe
    I can't wear the jerkins. They always remind me of the "puffy shirt" from that episode of Seinfeld.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shirt
    Don't like the Robes. Even my female characters won't wear them.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Shirt
    Depends on the character really, but mostly Jerkins.