The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Guild is Being Harassed by Another Player

ShadowEevee128
About a month ago, my guild allied ourselves with another guild (I will refrain from posting the guild's name or the name of the guild master unless asked by Zenimax). Things were going fine until about 2-3 weeks ago when the guild master began going through behavioural changes that were against our beliefs and own code of conduct. Both guilds have Discords and he began sending my officers inappropriate things that they found offensive. He started deleting anything and everything that was against him and even kicked one of my officers from his guild on, what I assume, is suspicion of sabotage. Reviewing this sort of behaviour with my officers, we agreed that we no longer wanted to be allied with them, and cut ties. So far, nothing we couldn't handle. Until he began harassing us. Sending members of his discord into our's to stir up trouble, messaging my officers to put them down, and (hopefully, this starts going into an area where ZeniMax can do something about this guy) began threatening to have my officers banned despite having no power to do so other than having the members of his guild do a mass reporting (which is abuse of the reporting system.) We blocked him on everything we could, but he would get on different accounts to message us and harass us further. He started emailing my officer that had the most contact with him, still threatening to have her and my guild banned from the game. After a bit, things started to quiet down, and I thought we could go back to normal. Until tonight. Now, I really hope that ZeniMax could do something about this guy, because he has gone as far as to pretend to have an official cease and desist letter from ZeniMax.

"Good Afternoon,

I was instructed by ZeniMax Media Inc. to send an official cease and desist notification to your primary email that I have on file, before action can be taken against your account. This is to notify and inform you to cease and desist all operations that involve the slander, defamation, and libel of
(Their guild name), as these actions can, and will result in action against your Elder Scrolls Online account, '(Name of my officer)'. This email is in regards to case number (Information removed).

ZeniMax Media Inc. specifically states in section eight, 'Rules of Conduct', in the 'ZeniMax Media Terms of Service' that: "You agree not to use any Service to: Take any action, organize, transmit any Content, effectuate or participate in any activity, group, or guild that is harmful, tortuous, abusive, hateful (including “hate speech”), racially, ethnically, religiously or otherwise offensive, obscene, threatening, bullying, vulgar, sexually explicit, defamatory, libelous, infringing, invasive of personal privacy or publicity rights, encourages conduct that would violate a law or is, in a reasonable person's view, objectionable and/or deemed to be in the sole discretion of ZeniMax inappropriate;"

The recent allegations that you have made against myself and my account, has resulted in minor damages in
(Their guild name)'s reputation, allowing me to file a case with ZeniMax Media Inc, specifically Zenimax Online Studios.

Please refrain from contacting me in regards to this case, as any replies will be forwarded to the team over at ZeniMax Media Inc."

Not only is does this scream 'fake' just from that fact that he is the one emailing my officer and not ZeniMax, but in quoting the Rules of Conduct, he has broken several of those rules through his repeated harassment, sending of inappropriate messages, bullying, threatening, and being overall a very disrespectful person. 2/24/18 Was the last time I personally had contact with this person and 2/27/18 was the last time my officers had any contact until today. So this is on him repeatedly attacking us and trying to take us down for simply not wanting to be allied with him anymore. I want this business done and over with and to move on, but they keep crawling back with new crap to fling at us. I'd take this up with a support ticket, but sadly they don't have anything for this sort of situation.
Edited by ShadowEevee128 on March 10, 2018 6:10AM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not needing a support ticket means it must be something that can be handled within the guild ... don’t you think?

Filing a support ticket (for genuine harassment) at least puts it in ZOS’s hands as a neutral party.

Remember you’ll have to get through the first three auto-replies before you get an uncanned response.

That long-winded opening post suggests it’s something that can be taken care of in-game (as well as in Discord) ... but I’m happy to be proven wrong.
  • ShadowEevee128
    Not needing a support ticket means it must be something that can be handled within the guild ... don’t you think?

Filing a support ticket (for genuine harassment) at least puts it in ZOS’s hands as a neutral party.

Remember you’ll have to get through the first three auto-replies before you get an uncanned response.

That long-winded opening post suggests it’s something that can be taken care of in-game (as well as in Discord) ... but I’m happy to be proven wrong.

We've tried to handle this within the guild, but repeated attacks by this other guild master has me completely fed up. And all the childish threats he does just really ticks me off. And the thought of him possibly attacking other members of my guild has me in a position where I have to look elsewhere for a solution. I'd love to submit a support ticket on the matter, but, unless there's another way that I'm unaware of, the only way is to submit the issue in the wrong category and hope they listen. Is there another way to report this sort of harassment?
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't you just block him in all places then just ignore? It's hard for a home to actually interact with you in this game bar Cyrodiil.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Streega
    Streega
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We've tried to handle this within the guild, but repeated attacks by this other guild master has me completely fed up. And all the childish threats he does just really ticks me off. And the thought of him possibly attacking other members of my guild has me in a position where I have to look elsewhere for a solution. I'd love to submit a support ticket on the matter, but, unless there's another way that I'm unaware of, the only way is to submit the issue in the wrong category and hope they listen. Is there another way to report this sort of harassment?

Gather the evidence (screenshots) and send it in PM to Gina or Jessica.
    As for the Discord - in exactly that order:
    1. Check the "Audit Log" and demote anyone who is sending invites to that guy;
    2. Remove "Instant Invite" privileges from any rank you don't trust;
    3. Check the "Invites" and remove all of them;
    4. Kick/ban the guy and/or everybody who supports him.

EDIT: Btw, I suggest changing the Verification Level in "Moderation" tab at least to "Low" (verified account), and enable 2FA.
    Edited by Streega on March 10, 2018 10:23AM
    ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃ Don't-Care-Bear ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃
    PC EU "House Tertia" - Friendly Guild for Mature Folks (housetertia.com)
    PC EU "Priests of Hircine" - Awesome Guild for Friendly Werewolves (free bites!)
    Member of "Guild Masters United"
    Master Angler
  • pattyLtd
    pattyLtd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you sure it’s not you that is tryimg to get him banned instead of he treathening your officers?
    I dont know ofc but its not easy to properly asses it and thats why zos shouldn’t be to eager with the banhammer.

Make sure you and your officers are not doing what he claims and just ignore him/her.
    These kind of problems tend to fix themselves fairly quickly or i might underestimate the problem.

Ps: lol at sending an “official” zenimax mail from his account haha.
    It seems childish at best to me.
    English is not my native language, no grammar police please, tyvm
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The other way to report harassment, @ShadowEevee128, is simply reporting a player in-game.

But, it’s kind of difficult to give the whole backstory (plus any screenshots) in that type of submission.
  • ShadowEevee128
    pattyLtd wrote: »
    Are you sure it’s not you that is tryimg to get him banned instead of he treathening your officers?
    I dont know ofc but its not easy to properly asses it and thats why zos shouldn’t be to eager with the banhammer.

Make sure you and your officers are not doing what he claims and just ignore him/her.
    These kind of problems tend to fix themselves fairly quickly or i might underestimate the problem.

Ps: lol at sending an “official” zenimax mail from his account haha.
    It seems childish at best to me.

My goal isn't to get him banned. All I would like is something to be done to get this guy to back off. A warning, maybe a temporary suspension at most. No amount of pointing out his repeated harassment and breaking of his own and ZeniMax's rules to him has made him slow down. Threatening us with bans was bad enough, but I find pretending to have an official cease and desist letter unbelievably childish. He had the chance to leave this situation behind with what remaining dignity he had left intact. But instead, decided to do this.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The other way to report harassment, @ShadowEevee128, is simply reporting a player in-game.

But, it’s kind of difficult to give the whole backstory (plus any screenshots) in that type of submission.

I find that if I reply to the email ZOS sends after reporting a player with screenshots and a more detailed explanation, I'm able to pass,on the necessary information.
  • ShadowEevee128

That's what sucks that they don't have a support ticket for this sort of thing besides the in-game report. And you don't know if they even looked into it. I always assumed they go off system of if the player has reached a certain amount of reports they get automatically suspended.
  • LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry dude but there's not much that ZOS can do about this.

I can tell you from personal experience that running a big guild attracts a lot of unwanted attention, and although it's nothing too serious, I understand it can become annoying after a while.

Just understand that these players have a lot of free time on their hands and they're not exactly very reasonable people so never expect anything from them.

Give your officers all the tools that they need to shut down whatever shows up, and tell them to be very generous when handing out bananas on Discord or wherever.

Block everywhere, move on, enjoy the game and don't feed the trolls with any attention under any circumstances. Mainly because you'll be wasting your time.
  • ShadowEevee128

I can tell you from personal experience that running a big guild attracts a lot of unwanted attention, and although it's nothing too serious, I understand it can become annoying after a while.

Just understand that these players have a lot of free time on their hands and they're not exactly very reasonable people so never expect anything from them.

Give your officers all the tools that they need to shut down whatever shows up, and tell them to be very generous when handing out bananas on Discord or wherever.

Block everywhere, move on, enjoy the game and don't feed the trolls with any attention under any circumstances. Mainly because you'll be wasting your time.

I know it's the standard thing, block them on everything. It's when they're hopping onto new accounts just to come after us again that really ticks me off. You'd think, guild master to guild master, they'd be a little more understanding. When you've got a big guild, you don't get all this free time to harass people. But apparently, he's found some. Thanks for the advice though, I appreciate anything I can get.
  • LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I know it's the standard thing, block them on everything. It's when they're hopping onto new accounts just to come after us again that really ticks me off. You'd think, guild master to guild master, they'd be a little more understanding. When you've got a big guild, you don't get all this free time to harass people. But apparently, he's found some. Thanks for the advice though, I appreciate anything I can get.

Well, I've seen it all so nothing surprises me.

I've probably had more than 5000 people pass through my guild over the years and there's just nothing that you can do to combat this stupidity, so better just treat it for what it is, a time waste.

You (all of you) need to protect yourselves by swiftly removing any traces of trouble as soon as you detect it, routinely and without any thought. Delete it and ban it in cold blood.

I guarantee it takes you less to do that than for someone to create a whole new account and come back just to mess with you.

Be stubborn and keep doing it until you don't have to anymore.

I hope that helps and good luck.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I know of a certain guild that is harassing a player in Cyrodiil but not much has been done. Probably because it's Cyrodiil
    Edited by NyassaV on March 10, 2018 11:13PM
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • ShadowEevee128

Well, I've seen it all so nothing surprises me.

I've probably had more than 5000 people pass through my guild over the years and there's just nothing that you can do to combat this stupidity, so better just treat it for what it is, a time waste.

You (all of you) need to protect yourselves by swiftly removing any traces of trouble as soon as you detect it, routinely and without any thought. Delete it and ban it in cold blood.

I guarantee it takes you less to do that than for someone to create a whole new account and come back just to mess with you.

Be stubborn and keep doing it until you don't have to anymore.

I hope that helps and good luck.

Thank you.
  • ShadowEevee128
    NyassaV wrote: »
    I know of a certain guild that is harassing a player in Cyrodiil but not much has been done. Probably because it's Cyrodiil

Cryodiil tends to be a very hostile place. A lot of people take their PvP very seriously.
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭

sending an email pretending to be ZOS would be an offense in ZOS' books. Most companies take a very dim view of that and i would be suprised if they didnt take action providing evidence can be obtained by them
    Edited by Slick_007 on March 11, 2018 4:07AM
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would absolutely report it and let ZOS handle the situation.

I think the sticking point here is the letter claiming ZOS told them to do it, trying to make it look all official and such. I don't think that is a thing. I don't think ZOS would have a person do that. And if I remember right, you cannot pretend to be ZOS, you cannot say this is on behalf of ZOS, and that letter is really pushing those lines if you ask me.

Also, block the person everywhere. Anytime they show back up in some fashion, block them again. Kids got too much time on their hands. They need to let it go and move on.

Also, if said bad mouthing and such was happening, if what they have said is in any way correct, ya'll need to calm down too. This shouldn't resemble junior high.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have a DC guild on NA PC with toxic guild leader and co guild leader. They love to harass, attack, and target people even telling their guild members to talk "s***" in zone chat about others. They have even threatened to burn down a buddy of mine house. After multiple screen shots and reports ZOS has done nothing about it. They are still harassing people and causing problems :(
    Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)
  • ShadowEevee128
    I would absolutely report it and let ZOS handle the situation.

I think the sticking point here is the letter claiming ZOS told them to do it, trying to make it look all official and such. I don't think that is a thing. I don't think ZOS would have a person do that. And if I remember right, you cannot pretend to be ZOS, you cannot say this is on behalf of ZOS, and that letter is really pushing those lines if you ask me.

Also, block the person everywhere. Anytime they show back up in some fashion, block them again. Kids got too much time on their hands. They need to let it go and move on.

Also, if said bad mouthing and such was happening, if what they have said is in any way correct, ya'll need to calm down too. This shouldn't resemble junior high.

That was pushing it for me as well. It's one thing to act childish and throw empty threats around, but to pretend to have an official letter from ZOS purely to frighten us is just beyond stupid. I don't know what they expect from us, crawl back to him begging for forgiveness? Delete our guild out of fear of being banned? It's dumb, and I'd love for ZOS to step in and handle this. But I don't know how to really get their attention.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    This is not an issue we can assist with from the forums. If you are encountering harassment in game, please go ahead and report it using the options here. You can also start a support ticket as well with customer support. Since we can't assist from the forums, this discussion is being closed.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.