The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Stuck on character screen

Karmanorway
Karmanorway
✭✭✭✭✭
For the past few days ive been trying to log in to the game with no luck. When i choose 1 toon i get kicked out after a few secs to login screen again, with the message:

'An error has occured. Please wait a few minutes and log in again'

Ive tried reinstalling/repair the game, nothing works. For the last 3 years ive been playing, this has never happened to me before, anyone knows how to fix? I have to buy this cave before its gone xD
Edited by Karmanorway on March 8, 2018 8:59PM
  • Karmanorway
    Karmanorway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update: i can get into the game in NA server, but not in my main EU account, i just get kicked out at 'requesting character load'
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try turning off Master Merchant

It has been giving people problems since last update.

If you can get in with it running, perhaps on the NA server, set MM to Delay Initialization. Hopefully that will stick going back to EU. Once you do that, you should be good to go.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Karmanorway
    Karmanorway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

If you can get in with it running, perhaps on the NA server, set MM to Delay Initialization. Hopefully that will stick going back to EU. Once you do that, you should be good to go.

Tnx will try :)
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    For the past few days ive been trying to log in to the game with no luck. When i choose 1 toon i get kicked out after a few secs to login screen again, with the message:

Ive tried reinstalling/repair the game, nothing works. For the last 3 years ive been playing, this has never happened to me before, anyone knows how to fix? I have to buy this cave before its gone xD

I was having the same problem with the NA server. I changed the name on my "AddOns" and "SavedVariables" Folders in "Live" folder to eliminate addons as a test. logged in and it worked fine. Then I deleted the newly game created replacement folders and renamed the changed folders back to original names to go thru the addons one at a time to find the culprit.

Lo and behold, I was able to login fine after this without changing a single add-on! Go figure.
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • Karmanorway
    Karmanorway
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I was having the same problem with the NA server. I changed the name on my "AddOns" and "SavedVariables" Folders in "Live" folder to eliminate addons as a test. logged in and it worked fine. Then I deleted the newly game created replacement folders and renamed the changed folders back to original names to go thru the addons one at a time to find the culprit.

Lo and behold, I was able to login fine after this without changing a single add-on! Go figure.

Ok i tried that right now, + deleting all addons .. no luck :/ tnx anyways tho
  • Karmanorway
    Karmanorway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just restarted computer, and can now login .. weird :open_mouth:
  • SkyIsTheLimit1206
    SkyIsTheLimit1206
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

Just use TTC or ATT

Master Merchant just hogs up too much FPS on my mac
    With strength and intelligence comes hard work.

Which is why not a lot of people are strong nor intelligent.