The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Zaan Set

cinnir
cinnir
✭✭
Zaan Set can double proc... Zos?

n0dyzwq.jpg
@Cinnir PC-EU

MagSorc | Cinnir
Magplar | Cleansing Ritual
Magblade | Saebyeolbe
Stam DK | Heroic Slash
Stamden | Shimmering Shield

The Flawless Conqueror / Voice of Reason / Dro-m'Athra Destroyer

• Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a first, are you sure ? cause that would be quite the bug
  • glavius
    glavius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's called 2 different procs during a fight.
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The death recap sometimes shows the damage from different ticks of the same proc separated, so in your case it could be ~42k dmg over 5 ticks from 1 proc. Or it was 2 procs during the fight (but considering the high cd of the proc it should only include the last proc unless you haven't taken any dmg inbetween).
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why didn't you go out of ranged or healed through it? :trollface:

Back to being serious again. I also encountered it 2 times now, maybe it's linked to the old viper or selene double procs. Anyway it's just ridiculous even when it's just one proc
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did you try using Petrify or Dark Talons to even the odds?
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Did you try using Petrify or Dark Talons to even the odds?

Still wondering what that other guy was doing with his 143 damage heavy attack :lol:
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »
    That's a first, are you sure ? cause that would be quite the bug

And the death report is not exactly perfection either.
  • cinnir
    cinnir
    ✭✭
    glavius wrote: »
    It's called 2 different procs during a fight.

All damage was within 6 seconds
    @Cinnir PC-EU

MagSorc | Cinnir
    Magplar | Cleansing Ritual
    Magblade | Saebyeolbe
    Stam DK | Heroic Slash
    Stamden | Shimmering Shield

The Flawless Conqueror / Voice of Reason / Dro-m'Athra Destroyer

• Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    L2P issue. Easily counterable. Set is fine.

(That’s sarcasm mates. This s*** is broken!)
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    LOL!

giphy.gif

Has the game really come down to this?

1. Buy new dungeon or DLC for money
    2. Farm ridiculously OP monster or proc set from said DLC
    3. Equip said DLC OP monster proc set
    4. watch as such proc set does 40k worth of damage for me passively
    5. profit!

I mean seriously? is this where we are now? How the *** did we get here!?
    Edited by RinaldoGandolphi on March 8, 2018 7:26PM
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Decent 2p set :trollface:
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks balanced. I mean if it was indeed 1 proc split into 2 and it did 42k damage, might as well just delete every defense sets and such because nothing's gonna survive that.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL!

giphy.gif

Has the game really come down to this?

1. Buy new dungeon or DLC for money
    2. Farm ridiculously OP monster or proc set from said DLC
    3. Equip said DLC OP monster proc set
    4. watch as such proc set does 40k worth of damage for me passively
    5. profit!

I mean seriously? is this where we are now? How the *** did we get here!?

i'm sure those pve folks are loving it...

yeah, it actually makes sense from a business standpoint...

seriously, the only folks whom get griefed by this kinda stuff are down here in the forum basement...
    Edited by geonsocal on March 9, 2018 2:24AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Clearly a L2P issue. The set is very balanced. You were clearly outplayed by his heavy attack proc skills. :trollface:

• Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Care Bears are loving this set. They don’t have any skill, and they can’t kill anyone. Now all they need to do is wait 18 seconds and ‘stare’ you to death!

https://youtu.be/2lpeFfAA2LQ
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It'll get looked at, and some time in the next 3-6 months it'll finally catch that much need 5% damage reduction.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    It'll get looked at, and some time in the next 3-6 months it'll finally catch that much need 5% damage reduction.

"To compensate for the damage reduction, we are adding a 70% snare."
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Seems reasonable. I maintain that all proc set creation starts and ends with someone at ZOS saying "You know what would look awesome?". No further testing.
  • Prince_of_all_Pugs
    Prince_of_all_Pugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its purgeable and brakes if you run away from the target (stun zaan first), its not that OP.
  • LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imagine next DLC's top of the line monster sets, when Zaan receives a slight nerf and is considered mediocre.
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    its purgeable and brakes if you run away from the target (stun zaan first), its not that OP.

Maybe, just maybe, the Zaan users should start to l2p and maybe have to do a bit more to kill an opponent instead of just standing close to him??????? I'm so sick of reading these justifications for such a ridiculous set.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Maybe, just maybe, the Zaan users should start to l2p and maybe have to do a bit more to kill an opponent instead of just standing close to him??????? I'm so sick of reading these justifications for such a ridiculous set.

I’m giving it til next weekend, if a nerf isn’t announced my 2h/resto zaanblade is coming out
    Edited by Lexxypwns on March 10, 2018 6:45PM
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You know people should only survive if they completely outplay the enemy and then only in 10% of all fights, because this is how Pew Pew Balance works :trollface:
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    L2P issue. Easily counterable. Set is fine.

(That’s sarcasm mates. This s*** is broken!)

it is, i so need this. lol
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pro tip of the week: Equip Barahra‘s Curse too. Your opponent will go to no place further away than 10m.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »

Pro tip of the week: Equip Barahra‘s Curse too. Your opponent will go to no place further away than 10m.

Why waste a 5pc when you can simply spam lotus fan, chain or my personal favourite northern storm :trollface:
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    .....ZAAAAAAAN !

bXpMq.gif
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen several full blown proctard magdks in the last few days.
    Which I've had a 50% success rate for them killing themselves against wings.

• Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

wait, zaan can be reflected??
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Etaniel wrote: »

wait, zaan can be reflected??

No, but this can.
    Caluurion’s Legacy Set

LEVEL 50 CHAMPION 160
    (2 items) Adds 833 Spell Critical
    (3 items) Adds 129 Spell Damage
    (4 items) Adds 833 Spell Critical
    (5 items) When you deal Critical Damage with a single target Magicka ability, you launch a Fire, Ice, Shock, or Disease ball at your target that deals 12,900 damage and applies a status effect. This effect can occur once every 10 seconds.

I've seen this used with Zaan quite a lot lately.