The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

WW/Vampire/Mortal rework needed

LegendaryOaks
LegendaryOaks
✭✭✭
I'm not the first one to want a rework to vampirism and lycanthropy. Every build in this game benefits from being a vampire, everyone in this game is a vampire, your actually making the game harder on yourself if your not a vampire. But i don't think that vampire needs massive nerfs, but just a massive rework.

My idea is too make vampirism a system where you gain great power (already how it is) but you'll have to control this power or else it will control you. What I mean by this is that, if you don't feed or treat or vampirism every now and then, you will have a chance to become blood starved when you enter combat, reducing magicka and stamina regen by 35 percent, and take up too 30 percent more damage when you have less then 30 percent less health. To purge this effect youll need to feed 3 times. Now in order too keep this from happening you'll have too constantly feed.

Now for were wolves, this will be the same system excect a few things, instead of a 15 percent regen boost when you have the ultimate slotted, you'll always have a passive 10 percent stamina regen boost. When you have the ult slotted you will get 5 percent regen boost, and after you devour a corpse, in ww form you will get a another 10 percent boost for 10 minutes after, encouraging people to transform and eat often. Now if you don't transform into a werewolf and devour corpses often you'll become hungry, but instead of debuffing you will randomly become a werewolf while in town, obtaining a small bounty and having nearby guards and townsfolk attack you.

For mortals, now I think the fighters guild skill tree should only be available for mortals but also buff it. Or add another skill tree for mortals, something like a dawnguard or vigilant tree that are full of beneficial passives like bonus damage to undead, or easier time with the law (guards honor what you do so they might ignore your or lower your bounty cost). Also, if your a mortal you should be able to take mercenary contracts to find and kill any exceedingly high bounty criminals or ww and vampires. If you successfully did this then you should get a reward such as set piece of choice, or gold and a random rare motif.

I'm out of ideas so tell me what you guys think
Edited by LegendaryOaks on March 6, 2018 4:10PM
Full Time Shitposter
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    seems interesting idea to me
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I stopped at vampirism. Want to make vampirism useless? That's how

Vampirism is used to sustain, a very needed sustain for magicka builds.
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They do need to do something adding skill line where you couldn't be vampire or ww. But it would have to be aiming on the same lvl as vampire. So it would need a sustain passive and a defensive passive that as good as vampire or dmg that matches WW
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think having it so you're immune to defile if you're a werewolf would be a nice effect. Especially considering how OP defile is, and how under powered WW is.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    But yeah all of my magicka characters, and one of my stamina characters are vampires. Yet none of my stam characters are a WW. ZOS really killed werewolves when they got rid of the passive regen.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing is why that makes sense for the count chocula vampire legends , ES vampires gain power from not feeding . That is why it is the way it is . Canon would be to add sunlight as a negative modifier but Devs thought that would be too punishing .
  • seitekisaki
    seitekisaki
    ✭✭✭
    You don't NEED vampirism for sustain. Though aside from the one interesting passive only batswarm is useful. While mistform is debatable.
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vampires in ESO are different

The LORE and ALL elder scrolls games make them stronger when they don't feed but they are more susceptible to sunlight.

They gain resistance to sunlight when they Feed but lose some if their stronger powers.

its always been like this.

HOWEVER werewolves have been rather shafted. They should have a constant passive bonus in human form being resistant to something

but keep their regen tied to having the ultimate slotted. Having all stamina toons as werewolves is kinda boring.

Not all mag toons use vampirism because it is tied to a very big weakness from fire the higher their stage is
  • Ladislao
    Ladislao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daus wrote: »
    But yeah all of my magicka characters, and one of my stamina characters are vampires. Yet none of my stam characters are a WW. ZOS really killed werewolves when they got rid of the passive regen.

One of my four magicka characters is vampire, and one of five staminas - werewolf. It looks balanced. But this is not an indicator at all :)
    Everything is viable
  • shinikaze
    shinikaze
    ✭✭✭
    maybe making the new skill line only useable for mortals?
    Edited by shinikaze on April 14, 2018 8:26PM
  • Ladislao
    Ladislao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    shinikaze wrote: »
    maybe making the new skill line only useable for mortals?

For WWs every other skill line is used only by mortals B)
    Actually FG skill line is some kind of counter pair for WWs/vampires.
    Everything is viable
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vampires in ESO are different

The LORE and ALL elder scrolls games make them stronger when they don't feed but they are more susceptible to sunlight.

They gain resistance to sunlight when they Feed but lose some if their stronger powers.

its always been like this.

HOWEVER werewolves have been rather shafted. They should have a constant passive bonus in human form being resistant to something

but keep their regen tied to having the ultimate slotted. Having all stamina toons as werewolves is kinda boring.

Not all mag toons use vampirism because it is tied to a very big weakness from fire the higher their stage is

Used to have a passive stamina recovwry that they removed and let vampires keep they should just nerf vamps to magicka recovery only and give ww back its constant stam rec bonus
  • Captain_OP
    Captain_OP
    ✭✭✭
    I think too that choosing to be a Vampire or WW should have a major impact on your playstyle, but not like that. The vampirism feeding should be a mini game which maybe should force the player to feed a bit more.
    The werewolf is doing well. There are ways to performe extremly good with him.
    What i miss on the Vampire, is that it become an magicka/stamina reg support skill tree. The Abilitys are of cause strong in pvp, but almost ignoreable for pve. I would like to have some skills like the classic Ability 'Summon Undead' or 'Vampire Seduction'. I think Summon Undead doesn't need a explanation. Vampire Seduction can be something like Charm all Enemies in 8 Meters to walk to you without being able to attack for 3 secounds. Something like that. Maybe the drain stun had to be rebalenced when this skill comes in. I think this would give the vampire a lot of more potential that is at the moment missing.
    Edited by Captain_OP on April 20, 2018 5:45AM