Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Best Class For A Knight?

Yzalirk
Yzalirk
✭✭✭✭
Hi all,

I was wondering, based on your opinion, what you think is the best class for a sort of Knight character. I am thinking Nightblade because of the damage buff skills. My next character I want to make is a giant Nord knight that can do great damage and has pretty good survivability/tankiness.

Feel free to share your opinion, thanks.
-Yzalirk
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The obvious answer is DragonKNIGHT.

Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Arobain
    Arobain
    ✭✭✭✭
    depends on what you mean tbh
  • emily3989
    emily3989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made a large Nord Templar. Gave him a sword and board and a two handed and just used weapon skills. Was fun for a while.
    Thasi - V16 Magblade Vampire PC/NA
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Nord is best suited for a stamina build, but you can honestly choose whatever you like.

Stam Dragonknight will be tanky with poison DOTs.
    Stam Warden will be tanky with great self-heals and nature powers.
    Stam Sorc will have good class AOEs and good self-heals/buffs.
    Stam Templar will have good self-heals that also do damage.
    Stam Nightblade tends to be a glass cannon, high damage and a little squishy.

If you want to be tanky, I'd probably go with a Dragonknight or Warden. The others can be effective tanks, but DK and Warden are the better options. If you want to go Damage Dealer, I'd go for a Stam DK, Nightblade, or Stam Sorc though all can be very effective damage dealers.
  • nihirisutou
    nihirisutou
    ✭✭✭
    The obvious answer is DragonKNIGHT.

You beat me to it.. :(

For a serious answer, probably Templar and just pick nice heavy looking motifs. Anything can be a knight with the right Motif.

Templar = Stereotypical Crusader Knight
    Sorc = Battlemage
    Nightblade = Deathknight
    Dragonknight = Well... Dragonknight.
    Warden = Bosmer, that doesn't really want to be a knight, but prefers plants and bears.
    Edited by nihirisutou on March 5, 2018 11:54PM
    [PS4/EU]

PSN: Nihirisutou

CP: 650+

FOR THE DOMINION!!
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Probably templar would be your best bet.

You get to Deus Vult all over the place
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Holy knight
    Dragon knight
    Dark knight
    Storm knight
    Hippie knight

Take your pick
  • Yzalirk
    Yzalirk
    ✭✭✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »
    Holy knight
    Dragon knight
    Dark knight
    Storm knight
    Hippie knight

Take your pick

I made my Imperial Templar a sort of Paladin, if you will. I just got him to CP 160 so I need to go gear hunting. I just wish he were giant.

I have a Dragonknight but it is a shame that it is sort of irrelevant to use the flame abilities as a Stamina user. A Flame Knight seems awesome compared to a Caustic Knight by a little bit.

I have been playing around with my Level 39 Nightblade for a sort of Blood Knight build, utilizing the damage buffs and stealing of enemy essence. It seems very strong.
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on which weapon you are going to use. If you want Sword and Shield, then DK will be by far the best choice.
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina templar or dragonknight.
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think everyone is missing the point here. Pretty sure what the op is asking is which class would best fit a character built around not using magic and instead focusing on melee combat.

The problem is, in order to be effective you'll have to use class skills. If you're wanting a non magic character, templar and dragon knight are right out because they both very obviously use magical looking attacks. Sorceror can work if you don't mind hurricane and glowy purple crap on you. Warden could possibly work if you solely focus on their class buffs but you'll still struggle to look like a pure non magic warrior.

Imo the best choice is nightblade. Surprise attack and killers blade are low profile and make it look like you're just attacking with a melee weapon anyways. There are also a lot of passive buffs from the assassination and shadow trees that don't leave a magical glow on your character. You'll have to substitute other abilities with weapon skills or fighters guild skills to keep up appearances.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank