The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

[SOLVED] Requested URL was rejected

MW2K
MW2K
✭✭✭
I get a page that says "Requested URL was rejected" when I try signing in to account.elderscrollsonline.com, both vanilla and using the Steam login. I know my credentials are correct, and I'm not sure what's going on here. It's not this account I'm signed in with, it's my Steam account.
Edited by MW2K on March 3, 2018 8:58PM
Lighting braziers and dispelling wards in Tamriel since 1994
  • MW2K
    MW2K
    ✭✭✭
    It works now. Don't know what it was...
    Lighting braziers and dispelling wards in Tamriel since 1994
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MW2K wrote: »
    I get a page that says "Requested URL was rejected" when I try signing in to account.elderscrollsonline.com, both vanilla and using the Steam login. I know my credentials are correct, and I'm not sure what's going on here. It's not this account I'm signed in with, it's my Steam account.

It happens sometimes. Something wrong with the servers.
  • Feranth
    Feranth
    ✭✭
    So..apologies for 'necro'ing' this post, but I've seen a ton of these topics during my search for a solution to this very issue. And it seems to have persisted for years as Google returns a load of results for this particulary issue.

I suddenly got it on Safari and Firefox with MacOS a couple of months ago and I couldn't find a solution to the issue either. Meanwhile on my Windows PC (Firefox) it still worked OK so I just used my Windows PC.

However, I want to use MacOS for my sensitive account stuff so I really wanted it fixed. The following did not work:
    - Clearing cookies
    - Disable and uninstall browser add-ins.
    - Clear browser history
    - Reinstall browser.

But I may have found the solution now. This worked for me at least on MacOS and Safari.

When you visit the Account page on the ESO website you notice that there's a lot of 'back and forth' traffic going on between various webpages. It loads one page, stops, and then loads another and sometimes tries to do this again. Then it dawned upon me that maybe the ESO website wants to 'follow me' through various websites and domains.

And this is where I remembered that in Safari you have the following setting.

https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21416?locale=en_US&viewlocale=en_US

Disabling this option while visiting the Account Management site fixed this issue entirely for me. I can't guarantee this is a fix for everyone, but it did work for me and it might be worth a try for others too.

Just pinging @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_BillE so they might add this to a Knowledge Base file.
    Edited by Feranth on March 11, 2018 4:57PM