The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Ashlander Passive

SilverIce58
SilverIce58
✭✭✭✭✭
Why is the Dunmer passive (for reduced environmental lava dmg by 50%/increased exp for DW skill line) called Ashlander? Shouldn't it be called like Red Mountain since that's the center of Morrowind and the Dunmer, as a race, were born from the ashes of Red Mountain? I get that it's a nit-picky thing, but I'm sure plenty of Dunmer would hate to know that a passive of theirs is named after a group who (even if they are right and the Tribunal is wrong) worship the 3 Good Daedra.
PC - NA
CP 1125
Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The N'wahs do not know the way.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Technically the passive is a part of their turning from Chimer into Dunmer, so... it affected even those nowhere near red mountain, and as such perhaps might be better labelled as "Azuras Touch" if you are kindly, and "Azuras Curse" if you are not... or something of the like.

But hey...
    Sixty5 wrote: »
    ...yeah, that.
    wnzt0lfx6cqz.jpg
    :p;):D
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Technically the passive is a part of their turning from Chimer into Dunmer, so... it affected even those nowhere near red mountain, and as such perhaps might be better labelled as "Azuras Touch" if you are kindly, and "Azuras Curse" if you are not... or something of the like.

But hey...
    ...yeah, that.
    wnzt0lfx6cqz.jpg

Baar’Dau didn’t know the way either then apparently.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • The_Smilemeister
    The_Smilemeister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a Colovian from Western Cyrodiil, you don't hear us ******** about the inaccuracy of the Diplomat passive associated with all Imperials when we follow the way of our Nordic ancestors and talk with our swords.
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a Colovian from Western Cyrodiil, you don't hear us ******** about the inaccuracy of the Diplomat passive associated with all Imperials when we follow the way of our Nordic ancestors and talk with our swords.

Stick to your own land you s'wit.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
  • KiraTsukasa
    KiraTsukasa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe because the Ashlanders are the ones that live around Red Mountain and learned to survive in that environment?
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe because the Ashlanders are the ones that live around Red Mountain and learned to survive in that environment?

But there are city dunmer who live near the volcano. All the more reason to call the passive Red Mountain.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ashlanders: those who live in a land covered with ash...
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But hey...
    ...yeah, that.
    wnzt0lfx6cqz.jpg

i love you
  • The_Smilemeister
    The_Smilemeister
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually, I'm a Military N'wah, you grey skinned ash dweller. And as you well know, Morrowind, like the rest of Tamriel, belongs to our Empire. So quit with the weak insults and get ready to bow down to us when our Legions role in and knock on the door of your mushroom hut.
    Edited by The_Smilemeister on March 2, 2018 5:46PM
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As long as we are talking about Dunmer passives can Dunmer have as much Fire resist as a Breton please? @ZOS_RichLambert
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually, I'm a Military N'wah, you grey skinned ash dweller. And as you well know, Morrowind, like the rest of Tamriel, belongs to our Empire. So quit with the weak insults and get ready to bow down to us when our Legions role in and knock on the door of your mushroom hut.

that did not happen and that never will happen.
    infact, with the add-on that i have allowing me to join 6th house Cult, it enables me to allow Lord Dagoth to take over morrowind and Drive those Imperial Dog's out of morrowind Permanently.

oh, and just incase you think i was not telling the truth, here is the link to allow the empire to be removed from morrowind ...
    http://mw.modhistory.com/download-26-7126

Edited by Gilvoth on March 2, 2018 10:44PM
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    Baar’Dau didn’t know the way either then apparently.

Yes it did. Straight down! ;)
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.