The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sorc rip

wglove475
wglove475
Just did a dps test with my sorc noticed a 5k decrease in dps and other people with sorcs same thing I don’t understand why they did this to sorc.
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamsorc hasn't changed any. Grab yourself a hurricane.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • wglove475
    wglove475
    Yeah I could use my stam sorc and get high numbers but we need magic toons without them we cant finish any trials plus magic sorcs are fun I don’t think it would work 8 stam and no destro ultimate’s honestly if they don’t fix there’s really no point in playing anymore not trying to sound like a pvp b*^ch but they need to fix it I can spend my money else where. @ZOS_GinaBruno can you fix this?
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can you tell which ability is hitting for less?
  • Funkopotamus
    Funkopotamus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honesty most of us knew this was coming and we made or had a magblade ready... If you have one they are about the best in the game for boss burn dps now..

I know it sucks for us sorcs, but try a magblade out you will be surprised.
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!" Sallington
  • ArvenAldmeri
    ArvenAldmeri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »

Pretty sure he meant mag sorc who got screwed over with off balance change ;)
    Magicka sorcerer from start until the end. Always. Through the good times and the bad, even now when its probably saddest PvE dps it has ever been.
    Even as an owner of one radiant apex mounts I am against radiant apex mounts and anything thats not obtainable by direct purchase.
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think so... Dropped about 2-3k, Ive practice about 1 hr last night...
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »

Pretty sure he meant mag sorc who got screwed over with off balance change ;)

Mag sorc solo DPS was always inflated due to their incredibly high off-balance uptime.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Milvan
    Milvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcs still have a lot of utility. Since Dragon Bones now I run my trials with 4 stamdks, 3 Magnb and 1 magsorc.
    “Kings of the land and the sky we are; proud gryphons.” Stalker stands, the epitome of pride. Naked and muscular, his wings widen and his feet dig in as if he alone holds down the earth and supports the heavens, keeping the two ever separate.”
    Gryphons guild - @Milvan,
  • wglove475
    wglove475
    Milvan wrote: »
    Sorcs still have a lot of utility. Since Dragon Bones now I run my trials with 4 stamdks, 3 Magnb and 1 magsorc.

I have one but it’s not as fun as a sorc
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    how nefed? was it the off balance changes or somesuch?
  • Dymence
    Dymence
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stamdks probably lost more DPS than sorc did though
  • Tactical32
    Tactical32
    ✭✭✭
    Dymence wrote: »

My Stam dk lost exactly zero DPS lol. Will actually probably gain a bit once the new gear is gold.
    Edited by Tactical32 on February 28, 2018 11:41PM
  • Dymence
    Dymence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tactical32 wrote: »

My Stam dk lost exactly zero DPS lol. Will actually probably gain a bit once the new gear is gold.

Perhaps on a dummy, but not in raid scenario. Stamdk heavy attack weaves nearly everything in the rotation, which was previously getting buffed by the off balance CP passive and on top of that you were getting bonus damage on each heavy attack from consuming the off balance effect.

Now that off balance uptime is drastically reduced and cannot be consumed anymore, that bonus damage on finished heavies is gone aswell. And as such, a lot of the stamdk's DPS.
    Edited by Dymence on February 28, 2018 11:47PM
  • Tactical32
    Tactical32
    ✭✭✭

Perhaps on a dummy, but not in raid scenario. Stamdk heavy attack weaves nearly everything in the rotation, which was previously getting buffed by the off balance CP passive and on top of that you were getting bonus damage on each heavy attack from consuming the off balance effect.

Now that off balance uptime is drastically reduced and cannot be consumed anymore, that bonus damage on finished heavies is gone aswell. And as such, a lot of the stamdk's DPS.

I mean, obviously lol. There was no specification. Everyone loses with the off-balance nerf in a group setting.
    Edited by Tactical32 on March 1, 2018 1:04AM
  • ParaNostram
    ParaNostram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    did-someone-just-say-nerf-sorcs.jpg

"Your mistake is you begged for your life, not for mercy. I will show you there are many fates worse than death."

Para Nostram
    Bosmer Sorceress
    Witch of Evermore

"Death is a privilege that can be denied by it's learned scholars."
    Order of the Black Worm
  • Dymence
    Dymence
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I mean, obviously lol. There was no specification. Everyone loses with the off-balance nerf in a group setting.

Yeah but out of everyone stamdk relies the most on heavy attacks. Stam classes that can perform mostly light attack rotations like stamnbs are beginning to outshine them now. Stamdk is no longer at the top of the food chain and has now taken on the role of support buffer with sunderflame/morag tong for example.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I find this posting highly entertaining. It should be the answer to any nerf Sorc thread. „Hey Sorcs, you’re still totally fine. We have one Raid spot for you because we need some lightning walls and a destro ult still. So stop complaining.“
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    Can you tell which ability is hitting for less?

None, because all my decrease is due to heavy attack do less dmg.
  • teladoy
    teladoy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry the ignorance, i'm a casual player, in which patch they nerf sorcs and how?
  • The_Brosteen
    The_Brosteen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, nerf sorcs!

Oh wait this is a pve thread about the off balance uptime nerf....
  • Eyesinthedrk
    Eyesinthedrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    teladoy wrote: »
    Sorry the ignorance, i'm a casual player, in which patch they nerf sorcs and how?

All of them. Every single one.
  • rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The meta now is to abuse WM and MA 25% damage buff uptime, since NBs and stamplar have the chapest of ults theyre outshinning everyone else.

Sorc has negate (Useless for dps), the pet atro which is costly and stationary and the overload doesnt proc MA (Because they couldnt figure a way to make it not abusive)
  • Eyesinthedrk
    Eyesinthedrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In this patch it was the nerf to off balance - indirect
    Last patch they took the cc off c frag -direct
    Before that they nerfed c-frag by 10% - direct
    Before that they reduced destro ult damage by 10% - indirect
    Before that they reduced ultimate by half killing the over load build - indirect
    Nerfed shield from 20 seconds to 6 seconds - direct
    Added a cost increase mechanic to streak - direct

That’s just what I can remember off the top of my head. Im sure there’s more that I missed.
    Edited by Eyesinthedrk on March 1, 2018 2:46PM
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In this patch it was the nerf to off balance - indirect
    Last patch they took the cc off c frag -direct
    Before that they nerfed c-frag by 10% - direct
    Before that they reduced destro ult damage by 10% - indirect
    Before that they reduced ultimate by half killing the over load build - indirect
    Nerfed shield from 20 seconds to 6 seconds - direct
    Added a cost increase mechanic to streak - direct

That’s just what I can remember off the top of my head. Im sure there’s more that I missed.

That’s all wrong. According to the forum Sorc never gets nerfed.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • wglove475
    wglove475
    Honesty most of us knew this was coming and we made or had a magblade ready... If you have one they are about the best in the game for boss burn dps now..

• Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally found time to login to test my Sorc. Those offbalances changes hurt! I knew Sorc was always carried by very high concussion/Offbalance uptime but wow is this surprising.

DPS-wise I think that the time has actually come where Sorc kinda lost it. ZOS stance seems to almost be roll a Mag NB or gtfo. And that’s what everyone did lol - everyone I know is running Mag NBs atm. If not for the Conduit synergy and group Minor Prophecy there would be no need for a Sorc :o
    Edited by Vaoh on March 1, 2018 7:12PM
  • wglove475
    wglove475
    Do these administrators even listen still nothing no response f bs I put over 120 days /played on my sorc spent thousands on this game bought 2 ps4’s for this game now that my dps is low that I’ve been working on for months it was 37 k now it’s 30 I can’t get into vet trials anymore just tested with the lover and spellpots fix my fing sorc I’m sick of zos wasting are fing time we spend on this game trolling us js it’s BS
  • wglove475
    wglove475
    And nightblades die too easy I never die on my sorc I have 1 nb maxed out it can hit high numbers that’s about it dead dps is no dps