The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Casting two ultimates at once in PvP

Jiandao
Jiandao
✭✭✭
Hi,

I’ve seen some strange things lately in PvP.

A couple of weeks ago my magplar seemed to get one shot. She is tanky with 5 heavy Impen and SnB both bars and doesn’t get one shot. So I looked on my death sheet and the same player had cast Lethal Arrow twice and fast enough for it to look like a one shot. I had heard people complain before about people using snipe macros, but not seen it first hand. A couple of days later I was in Cyro with guildies and the same player did it again to a guildie, but with Flawless Dawnbreaker. Strange that it happened to be the same player.

Last night another player had two Dawnbreakers on my death sheet.

How is this possible? The snipe could be macros. The Dawnbreaker? Is there a legitimate way that a player can cast two almost on top of each other? I have screen shots, but wasn’t sure about naming and shaming, especially if there is a legitimate way that these players may be doing such.

If ZOS wants the screen shots, I’d be happy to send them. I submitted tickets, but after checking the “attach screen shot” box it didn’t give me the option (am I doing it wrong?).

Jiandao
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dawnbreaker has a dot attached to it.
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Was it the dawnbreaker then its dots? Not sure have not been checking my death recaps don't know if they show separate.

Snipe could be lag but I been hit by three in one sec before and never saw any lag on my part weird
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lethal arrow was probably a health desync OR just intelligent use of the travel time.

Dawnbreaker usually appears twice in your recap, once from the burst the other from the DoT
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have suspicions of someone playing foul you can always submit the reports with information to ZOS, however they won't confirm or deny anything with you.

Whilst I am sure there are macro users and CE users in PvP still I don't think it's as prevalent as people make it out to be. There is a common trend (since the games launch) to blame everything one can't understand on foul play, there are also those so caught up in their own theories they're telling everyone around them Cyrodiil is nothing but cheats.

There was a Tweet I saw the other day where a player had written a blog post about how animation cancelling was an exploit and ZOS was not doing enough to stop it. This happened regardless of the fact ZOS has confirmed on many occasions that animation cancelling is not an exploit in any way, however because this player doesn't like it they've chosen to deem it an exploit and continue to spread misinformation.

Any way I went on a bit of a tangent there, but the point I am trying to make is even if what you're seeing looks a little iffy it could be the normal death recap issues, lag or just good animation cancelling for many things. If you're not sure report it to ZOS and they will take action if they find any foul play.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like others said, dawnbreaker shows up twice in rcap. Once for the hit and once for the dot
  • Rungar
    Rungar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lethal arrow at rank 10 assault near a keep with eagle eye has a 55m range. If you launch at this range you can occasionally get the second one in the air while the first one is travelling making it appear very quick. Its not a macro, just button spam and flight time weirdness.

macro programs have the light attack, instant ability, heavy attack, instant ability, ultimate routine to bypass the GCD. You get hit with all that in 1 second. Sometimes the ultimate comes first depending on the class.
    It's 0.0666 of a second to midnight.

Rungar's Mystical Emporium
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lethal arrow is not an ultimate, mate!
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dawnbreaker has direct damage and dot components (both doing high damage) appearing in death recap separately with the same name. It is most likely this.

Dawnbreaker can also be (in very rare cases) casted twice or more. When killing an enemy player, you get 20 ultimate thanks to Assault passive: Combat Frenzy. Theoretically, if you are a sorc and kill 6 players with one dawnbreaker (which is entirely possible since AOE caps has been removed) you may cast it immediately once again.
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on February 27, 2018 11:28AM
  • Grabmoore
    Grabmoore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are no snipe macros. The situatuon you describe is not unusual.

Please do your research before claiming players are exploiting.
    EU - PC - Ebonheart Pact
    Iggy Grabmoore - Argonian Magicka Templar | Nyctasha - Redguard Stamina Nightblade
    Do-Ra'Zhar - Khajiit Stamina DK | Ashmedi - Dunmer Magicka DK
    Vanya Darchow - AD Altmer Magicka Sorc | Malek gro'Kash - Orc Stam Sorc
    GM of "Handelshaus von Riften" - Trading & PvX Community
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You sure it wasn't the ticks of the Dawnbreaker?
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's also possible to go from shooting star into incapacitating if there are enough enemies around.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not a "macro" (on console) it's a bug. I've been hit with 7 lethal arrow at "once"

It's just an annoying af bug
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azurya wrote: »
    Lethal arrow is not an ultimate, mate!

He never said it was, dude!
    rolleyes.gif
    Edited by SirAndy on February 28, 2018 12:37AM
  • killimandrosb16_ESO
    killimandrosb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you start at max range with the lethal arrow and then approach the target while firing off lethal arrow, yes its possible to land it several times in what seems like an instant
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rungar wrote: »
    lethal arrow at rank 10 assault near a keep with eagle eye has a 55m range. If you launch at this range you can occasionally get the second one in the air while the first one is travelling making it appear very quick. Its not a macro, just button spam and flight time weirdness.

macro programs have the light attack, instant ability, heavy attack, instant ability, ultimate routine to bypass the GCD. You get hit with all that in 1 second. Sometimes the ultimate comes first depending on the class.

Yeah, no...

That’s not a thing. That’s just lag.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Grabber
    Grabber
    ✭✭✭
    In sotha I got hit with a dawnbreaker, 3 seconds later bats from the same guy, that same guy with no shields later then took no damage from 3 leaps, so there are still cheaters out there
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grabber wrote: »
    In sotha I got hit with a dawnbreaker, 3 seconds later bats from the same guy, that same guy with no shields later then took no damage from 3 leaps, so there are still cheaters out there

I somehow doubt it was "3 seconds". Let me guess, that same guy was using bloodspawn, was a stamina character (for major heroism through cp) and most likely a NB or a sorc, right?
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭

its true. several of my guildmates saw this now and specialy on 1 banana guild

since we missed to make a screenshot no name calling here but i hope the whole guild gets banned soon
    Edited by Trashs1 on March 1, 2018 10:34AM
    Dolche des Königs (DDK); EuPC, DC, Sotha Sil,
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Subversus wrote: »

I somehow doubt it was "3 seconds". Let me guess, that same guy was using bloodspawn, was a stamina character (for major heroism through cp) and most likely a NB or a sorc, right?

We have seen it before that ults could be fired at will. Zero reason to be condescending about it.

To those that witness such things report them to Zos. Video is great evidence as we often miss something, but the video should be sent to Zos, not posted in the forums do to naming and shaming.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do people come to a thread and offer the exact same explanation as the people before them? There are at least three or four people explaining the dot effect when it was the first answer lol.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's not outside the realm of possibility, bats is a pretty cheap ultimate, with combat frenzy it's possible he had it up within seconds of casting DB. The real question is who the hell still uses bats in PvP?

I have a Potentates magblade and can practically chain cast cheap ultimates in big battles. This thread makes me want to pull her back out of the stable.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Why do people come to a thread and offer the exact same explanation as the people before them? There are at least three or four people explaining the dot effect when it was the first answer lol.

Need to grind them stars :trollface:
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    As was said Dawnbreaker has initial hit and dot showing in death recap with same name.
    But it always better to make screen of something suspicious and send for support to check it. Like, I was hit by 4 snipes in 1sec from same person according to timestamp and witnessed some exploit of enemy player using 3 different ultimatez(resto, snb, alliance barrier) in same fight.
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    As was said Dawnbreaker has initial hit and dot showing in death recap with same name.
    But it always better to make screen of something suspicious and send for support to check it. Like, I was hit by 4 snipes in 1sec from same person according to timestamp and witnessed some exploit of enemy player using 3 different ultimatez(resto, snb, alliance barrier) in same fight.

4 snipes in 1 second with a 1.1 sec cast time..... wut
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    JobooAGS wrote: »
    Cinbri wrote: »

4 snipes in 1 second with a 1.1 sec cast time..... wut

Thats why I sent screenshot from Recap addon that have timestamps of attacks to Support.
  • NoFlash
    NoFlash
    ✭✭✭
    As a Templar, I'd recommend you keep debuff tracking on.
    Daggerfall Covenant

The Ninja Squirrels
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There’s definitely a snipe exploit, and with no animation at all . Actually there’s a new exploit where you cancel every animation and I’m not talking about animation canceling.
  • Zbigb4life
    Zbigb4life
    ✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    If you have suspicions of someone playing foul you can always submit the reports with information to ZOS, however they won't confirm or deny anything with you.

Whilst I am sure there are macro users and CE users in PvP still I don't think it's as prevalent as people make it out to be. There is a common trend (since the games launch) to blame everything one can't understand on foul play, there are also those so caught up in their own theories they're telling everyone around them Cyrodiil is nothing but cheats.

There was a Tweet I saw the other day where a player had written a blog post about how animation cancelling was an exploit and ZOS was not doing enough to stop it. This happened regardless of the fact ZOS has confirmed on many occasions that animation cancelling is not an exploit in any way, however because this player doesn't like it they've chosen to deem it an exploit and continue to spread misinformation.

Any way I went on a bit of a tangent there, but the point I am trying to make is even if what you're seeing looks a little iffy it could be the normal death recap issues, lag or just good animation cancelling for many things. If you're not sure report it to ZOS and they will take action if they find any foul play.

I don't agree with you on the 'animation cancelling is not an exploit'. ZOS have said many times that AC was not intended but they hadn't any solution to fix it... so they just let it be. Since anything that is not intended is an exploit so is AC!