Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

ZOS: Can you lower the Ayeleid Well respawn timer

Talcyndl
Talcyndl
✭✭✭✭✭
I think I speak for all PvPers in applauding the new 30 minute long Ayeleid Well buff duration. But, the corresponding 30 minute respawn timer means the wells are almost never active when you go by. The end result is that what was (I assume) intended to be a buff of the wells has been a nerf

Can you return them to a 10 (or even 15) minute respawn?

Thanks.
Tal'gro Bol
PvP Vice Officer [Retired] and Huscarl of Vokundein
http://www.legend-gaming.net/vokundein/
  • prototypefb
    prototypefb
    ✭✭✭✭
    yeah i was wondering why wells are rarely up, even thos ein the middle of nowhere are more often then not dead, this needs to be adjusted...
  • Lord_Hev
    Lord_Hev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They also nerfed it by making it so you lose the buff prematurely if you die.

Typical ZOS sick joke of a "buff." They actually nerfed it, and badly. And don't even tell you about it in the patch notes.
    Edited by Lord_Hev on February 25, 2018 7:46PM
    Neqamancer | Qaevir/Qaevira Av Morilye/Molag
    Tri-Faction @Lord_Hevnoraak ingame
    PC NA
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have seen 1 well up since the change. Really needs looked at...

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    @Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • Talcyndl
    Talcyndl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tal'gro Bol
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the ability to have the well buff for 30 minutes coupled with a high respawn rate, it would be possible for players to constantly have the health bonus. The well buff should be a novelty that you can grab when you find it available. Not something to be relied upon. It feels balanced the way it is.

As far as it falling off when you die now, maybe it’s intended for the same reason?
    Edited by Anrose on February 26, 2018 5:55PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anrose wrote: »
    With the ability to have the well buff for 30 minutes coupled with a high respawn rate, it would be possible for players to constantly have the health bonus. The well buff should be a novelty that you can grab when you find it available. Not something to be relied upon. It feels balanced the way it is.

As far as it falling off when you die now, maybe it’s intended for the same reason?

Its intended for it to fall off when you die.

However, if you have the health buff for the full 30 minutes without dying, you are either an excellent player or you aren't fighting players that are up to your level.
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭

However, if you have the health buff for the full 30 minutes without dying, you are either an excellent player or you aren't fighting players that are up to your level.

Still sounds like balance, to me!
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The problem with it becomes this. Under the old system, you had the buff for 10 minutes. That's enough time to go to one fight, win or die, and the buff is gone. You can then go on to another fight, maybe stopping by another well and picking it up. So you can arrange to have the well in practically every fight you are in, assuming of course that no one else grabbed the well when it respawned. Still, everyone has a pretty good chance of finding an active well and getting a short bonus.

Under the new system, you get the buff for 30 minutes or until you die. If you don't die (or you don't fight) that's great. If you do die, whelp, you are SOL on well buffs for a good long while because if some other group grabbed that well when it respawned, it won't be up for a long time.

So practically speaking, that's why its a nerf. Under the old system, you had the buff for a short time but plenty of opportunities to regain the buff after a short while. Because of the short respawn, everyone had a pretty good chance to find an active well. Under the new system, you have the chance to hold onto the buff for up to a half hour if you are very good or simply fighting really bad players, but everyone has a much lower chance to get the buff because of the long respawn timer.
  • Talcyndl
    Talcyndl
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This was intended as a buff, but in practice is a nerf.
    Tal'gro Bol
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Talcyndl wrote: »

Long duration + high respawn would be too strong.
    Long duration + low respawn is fair.
    Short duration + high respawn is also fair.
  • Talcyndl
    Talcyndl
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you disagree with either of these statements:

(1) ZOS intended the increase in buff duration (which only applies to Cyrodiil wells) as a buff to those wells.

(2) In actual practice, the effect has been a decrease in the availability and overall benefit from wells.

If so, the change should either be wholly reverted or the respawn timer should be lowered (15 minutes seems reasonable or "fair" as you might have it).
    Tal'gro Bol
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Long duration + low respawn means that far less players get to use the buff than under the short duration + high respawn.
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭

(1) ZOS intended the increase in buff duration (which only applies to Cyrodiil wells) as a buff to those wells.

(2) In actual practice, the effect has been a decrease in the availability and overall benefit from wells.

If so, the change should either be wholly reverted or the respawn timer should be lowered (15 minutes seems reasonable or "fair" as you might have it).

I agree with both of those statements. I think if buff didn’t fall of when you died, it would make it worth it to go find.

Long duration + low respawn means that far less players get to use the buff than under the short duration + high respawn.

I think this is fine. In my opinion, it should not be a buff widely available for everyone so frequently. It should be a reward for players/groups to go off the beaten path to find one or the lucky ones who grab one along the transit lines.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never seen a well up since the update. Never
  • Talcyndl
    Talcyndl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »

This is the problem. The increase length is useless if most people can never get the buff in the first place.
    Tal'gro Bol
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with both of those statements. I think if buff didn’t fall of when you died, it would make it worth it to go find.

I think this is fine. In my opinion, it should not be a buff widely available for everyone so frequently. It should be a reward for players/groups to go off the beaten path to find one or the lucky ones who grab one along the transit lines.

We go off the beaten path all the because my guild knows where the wells are. They've rarely been up since the update, especially compared to how often we got them before the update.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is the problem. The increase length is useless if most people can never get the buff in the first place.

I am not even sure the wells are actually bugged or not.

We were wondering the other day as none of our guildmates saw one since the update
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we just do away with the wells altogether? I'm sure I noticed more lag when they were up and they're buck useless now. Just get rid and be done with it.
    @Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The timer is 5 minutes (source) according to @ZOS_BrianWheeler . But I am sure that is is bugged. There are so many bugs in this game...
    Because I can!
  • Talcyndl
    Talcyndl
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We were wondering the other day as none of our guildmates saw one since the update

No, they work. Just hardly ever available.
    Tal'gro Bol
  • Talcyndl
    Talcyndl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »
    The timer is 5 minutes (source) according to @ZOS_BrianWheeler . But I am sure that is is bugged. There are so many bugs in this game...

Yeah, 5 minutes is not what is currently in game. Previously, the respawn was 10 minutes, same as the buff length. Many times I waited at a well for my buff timer to expire, and the well would reappear at exactly the end of the 10 minute buff.
    Tal'gro Bol
  • ilander
    ilander
    ✭✭✭

Yeah i decided to wait at a well after taking it to see how long it took to come back up again. It was more like 9 minutes than 5 (had 21 mins left on my timer) so i'm guessing there's a problem with the timer or it is supposed to be closer to 10 and the wrong information has been passed on to us.
    Most Averagest Player EU PvP - More averager than you'll ever be.. GUARANTEED!

• pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So if the timer didnt change it wasnt a nerf and it was a buff instead. And the reason why you dont seem to be able to find one available now is probably because its actually worth getting it now so more people are after them instead of just running past them like they did before.
  • Talcyndl
    Talcyndl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ilander wrote: »

Yeah i decided to wait at a well after taking it to see how long it took to come back up again. It was more like 9 minutes than 5 (had 21 mins left on my timer) so i'm guessing there's a problem with the timer or it is supposed to be closer to 10 and the wrong information has been passed on to us.

Thanks.
    Tal'gro Bol
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, they work. Just hardly ever available.

Insightfull

Thanks
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pieratsos wrote: »
    So if the timer didnt change it wasnt a nerf and it was a buff instead. And the reason why you dont seem to be able to find one available now is probably because its actually worth getting it now so more people are after them instead of just running past them like they did before.

As long as the timer actually didn't change, I agree with this.

I've got no problem with not finding active wells because other players are grabbing them.
  • Talcyndl
    Talcyndl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ilander wrote: »

I think they are bugged. I just waited over 10 minutes after taking one (in the middle of nowhere) and it did not respawn. So, it's certainly not the announced 5 minutes, and even the old 10 minute respawn isn't happening consistently.

Edit to add: It respawned at 14 minutes.
    Edited by Talcyndl on February 28, 2018 2:38AM
    Tal'gro Bol
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

But now the buff is gone if you die. So it is not 100% buff.
    Because I can!
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

But now the buff is gone if you die. So it is not 100% buff.

It lasted 10 minutes now it lasts 30 minutes while the respawn timer seems to be unchanged. This is 100% a buff. With 10 minutes duration it will very rarely last more than 1 fight whether you live or die. With 30 minutes its actually a reliable buff that can help you for a decent amount of time, hence why more players are after them now. If you die and lose the buff then nothing changes cause if it was a 10 minute buff, it would still run out anw.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been sitting at an Ayleid Well on PC/NA Shor for the last 35 minutes. The well is on a 10 minute timer.

That's identical to the respawn time before the patch but does not account for Brian Wheeler saying that it was now on a 5 minute redrawn timer.