The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Which Sets Do I Need As Healer?

IOUAT
IOUAT
✭✭✭
I am currently warden magika healer, so there's wormcult and spellpowercure ,but some have said something about mending set and sanctuary set? the guides i looked up a long time ago recomended wormcult and spellpower cure but is this mending set and sanctuary set also good or is one better than the other? anyone have both and have experience with these different sets ?
  • Imza
    Imza
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you're going into Trials - mending will be useful.

Sanctuary is good for dungeons....

Spell Power Cure should never be removed.... as a healer. :)
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For trials, you have two healers and they split up those sets. You only need one person wearing worm's Raiment and one person wearing sanctuary to cover the whole group.

So it can't hurt to have all of those sets available for trials. However, if you are focusing on dungeons, you can benefit from sets like Julianos or Seduced, stuff that boosts your ability to do your healing in addition to the trial gears.
  • IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭

;o
    Edited by IOUAT on February 25, 2018 2:15AM
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can’t go wrong with Spell Power Cure, Mending or Worm Cult.
  • IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭
    Imza wrote: »

ok i didnt know trials and dungeons were different :/ thanks for the insight ;O
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You need Spell Power Cure.
  • IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭
    MattT1988 wrote: »

ohh :/ soooo i have to obtain them all then?
  • IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »

so spellpower cure is a definate. ,as for the others is it just personal preference then? or? do i have to get them all?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IOUAT wrote: »

Trials are 12-man content and require a high level of group coordination. Most groups will try to sync their gear for maximum use of buffs, so sets like Worm's Raiment that reduce magicka costs for 12 players are very useful. The tanks and DPS will also have certain gear sets that they run to maximize group effectiveness.

Group Dungeons are 4 man content and they are much more flexible and much easier than trials. They have a normal and veteran difficulty. There isn't any "you must have this" gear requirement for group dungeon healers, but you won't go wrong with the trials sets or even sets that just boost you in general like Julianos as long as you can keep your group alive.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

so spellpower cure is a definate. ,as for the others is it just personal preference then? or? do i have to get them all?

It's better to get them all if you're going to heal trials. Trials generally have two healers, and they will coordinate sets with each other. Sets may also be changed based on the trial and the needs of the other group members. It's about having options. :)
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well need is an suggestive word. The most popular set spell power cure for pve. There's no real standard for pvp, but santaury and transmutation are good choices. Otherwise typical other sets people will mention are worm and mending. The trending set is jorduvin guidance that suppose be better then worm. At last all depends on you write your eso story in which sets you choose.
    Edited by Tasear on February 25, 2018 2:32AM
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wear whatever you like, so long as you don't rock a dual sword and board PVP "healer" build in a veteran dungeon, then get all defensive about how "great" your healing is when your allies are close to death most of the time and your tank calls you out on it.

... urgh, sorry, my eyeball is still twitching a little from an earlier dungeon run. :/ You can't go wrong with SPC/Worm or SPC/Sanctuary. While you're farming that gear, Kagrenacs/Seducer/Willpower will be fine for normal dungeons.
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my opinion if you are just running dungeons the only must have set to get is SPC whatever else you run with it is up to you.
  • Ermiq
    Ermiq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm currently heal people in dungeons with War Maiden + Overwhelming Surge on my MagWarden. :p
    One of the two of us definitely has gone mad. It only remains to define whether this one is the whole world or just me.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Sick&tired of being kicked off from your house when you complete a dungeon? ComingBackHome addon is what you need!
    Me is russian little bad in english :b
  • IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭

Trials are 12-man content and require a high level of group coordination. Most groups will try to sync their gear for maximum use of buffs, so sets like Worm's Raiment that reduce magicka costs for 12 players are very useful. The tanks and DPS will also have certain gear sets that they run to maximize group effectiveness.

Group Dungeons are 4 man content and they are much more flexible and much easier than trials. They have a normal and veteran difficulty. There isn't any "you must have this" gear requirement for group dungeon healers, but you won't go wrong with the trials sets or even sets that just boost you in general like Julianos as long as you can keep your group alive.

oh my D: ,what set wud you urself reccomend out of the aforementioned? ,i now know spellpowercure is a must but what else shud i use in ur opinion
  • IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭

It's better to get them all if you're going to heal trials. Trials generally have two healers, and they will coordinate sets with each other. Sets may also be changed based on the trial and the needs of the other group members. It's about having options. :)

i see , i guess ill have to get them all and alternate , ugh this gonna take forever :(
  • IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    Well need is an suggestive word. The most popular set spell power cure for pve. There's no real standard for pvp, but santaury and transmutation are good choices. Otherwise typical other sets people will mention are worm and mending. The trending set is jorduvin guidance that suppose be better then worm. At last all depends on you write your eso story in which sets you choose.

depends on my write and eso story ? how do you mean? ;o and ive never heard of jorduvin b4 :/
  • IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »
    Wear whatever you like, so long as you don't rock a dual sword and board PVP "healer" build in a veteran dungeon, then get all defensive about how "great" your healing is when your allies are close to death most of the time and your tank calls you out on it.

... urgh, sorry, my eyeball is still twitching a little from an earlier dungeon run. :/ You can't go wrong with SPC/Worm or SPC/Sanctuary. While you're farming that gear, Kagrenacs/Seducer/Willpower will be fine for normal dungeons.

i see i see
  • IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭
    In my opinion if you are just running dungeons the only must have set to get is SPC whatever else you run with it is up to you.

thanks for the input
  • IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭
    Eremith wrote: »
    I'm currently heal people in dungeons with War Maiden + Overwhelming Surge on my MagWarden. :p

are those skills? or gear?
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MattT1988 wrote: »

ohh :/ soooo i have to obtain them all then?

Well of course you don’t HAVE to. There are alternatives, but in my opinion those three are the best if you want to heal end game. Spell Power Cure and Worm Cult are pretty easy to get (SPC from White Gold Tower, Worm Cult from Vaults of Madness) you can use a combination of the two while your farming for Mending in normal trials. Once you have Mending you can switch out Worm Cult for Mending and boom, you’ve got yourself a trials healer, if you’d like you can switch back to Worm Cult for dungeons, but it doesn’t really matter.

Try and get a Master Resto staff from Vet Dragonstar too if you can.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

oh my D: ,what set wud you urself reccomend out of the aforementioned? ,i now know spellpowercure is a must but what else shud i use in ur opinion

I'd go for Julianos or Seducer while you are getting your SPC and Worm's Raiment from the dungeons, unless your current sets are working just fine for you. Dungeons are pretty forgiving for healers on what sets you need.

Once you have SPC and Worm's/Sanctuary, I'd switch to wearing those for dungeons and trials. Worm's raiment will always help you, but if your dungeon group has no other magicka users, you can swap to Sanctuary (or just always wear Sanctuary, your call).

Mending is a trials set, so you'll have to run trials for it. Once you've got the SPC, Worm's, and Sanctuary gear, you should be equipped to run the trials for Mending.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For dungeons, you can wear pretty much anything, but as mentioned above, for trials, SPC and then a second set (worm/ mending/twilight remedy/sanctuary/infallible aether/jorvuld's guidance) are a staple for healers. While you are farming your sets, you can craft a julianos/seducer's/kagrenac's set, and pair it with three willpower jewelery and a monster set (sentinel of rkugamz/chokethorn/engine guardian/earthgore). Hope this helps!
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Worm isn't best choice for 4 man dungeons.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As I said, Worm's will always help the healer. If there's any other magicka player, it will benefit them too, but other sets like sanctuary or really anything else can be substituted pretty easily.

But you won't go wrong with Worm's, because as long as you can heal the group through the dungeon, your group doesn't exactly need "best choice" gear.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

depends on my write and eso story ? how do you mean? ;o and ive never heard of jorduvin b4 :/

It's set better then worm and it's from dragon bones dungeons.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't take a monster healing set to trials! :)
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't take a monster healing set to trials! :)

Why? I did vAS hm with Earthgore. :) It was pretty useful for practicing that hardmode on a kiter.
    Edited by LadyNalcarya on February 25, 2018 4:44PM
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Storm_knight22
    Storm_knight22
    ✭✭✭✭
    My stam sorc orc healer dual wields and uses Sword singer 5 pieces, 5 pieces of batllecage, oe piece of mighty chudan and one piece of molag kena, He is so Op people get jealous and kick him from the group. :D
    I want spell crafting.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As I said, Worm's will always help the healer. If there's any other magicka player, it will benefit them too, but other sets like sanctuary or really anything else can be substituted pretty easily.

But you won't go wrong with Worm's, because as long as you can heal the group through the dungeon, your group doesn't exactly need "best choice" gear.

Have you seen new dungeons? I don't some of these are harder then trials. If we are going push it mending is quite all around set for support. Twlight Remedy will increase dps an provide more heals. Sanutary is good in pvp. I don't see it helpful compared most other options in PvE.